Achaean Raves

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2017
    I'm actually kind of glad that I'm mostly sitting this event out. It's surprisingly nice to see other people having fun.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    I'm actually kind of glad that I'm mostly sitting this event out. It's surprisingly nice to see other people having fun.
    Why are you sitting this event out?
    edited November 2017
    I missed most of it so far because of the holiday weekend and between work and non-work-rl, I just don't have the time to get properly caught up.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited November 2017
    Kyrra said:
    I had a really, really, really rough day at work today. So I came home, logged into Achaea, and had a very random but very lovely encounter with @Devran where he gave Kyrra this.

Ivory of the highest quality has been bleached ingeniously to shades of white that the material
    rarely reaches in order to create this inch thick tablet. The back has been worked by a master 
    craftsman to display a running wolf mid stride as she bounds across a frozen tundra, mountains 
    visible in the background. The craftsmanship is so exquisitely smooth and precise that not a 
    single mark can be detected of the chisels that must have been used to create the artwork. Upon 
    the face of the tablet bordering the edges are the various mammals and birds one can find who 
    inhabit the tundra of the world, all in various poses and positions, each of them displayed 
    with the same quality as the larger motif upon the back of the tablet. The majority of the 
    front however is dominated by the various runes of the Runewarden. Beginning with Wunjo so that 
    all might see the majesty of this tablet, the shape of each rune has been carved into the ivory 
    with meticulous care before being filled with pure silver of the highest quality. Periodically, 
    the first rune will ignite into a deep crimson glow before igniting the next rune in sequence, 
    the entire runic alphabet looking like nothing so much as deep red arterial blood on a snowy 
    white landscape before fading back to a gleaming silver.
    It weighs about 5 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of a powerful triton citizen (a denizen).

This is so incredibly amazing and I teared up. Thank you <3
    :) 

Like I said, I'm very glad you like it. It's resetting/non-decay but they put a timer on it to give Devran time to give it to Kyrra.
  • So, I logged on today and had to buy all new vials and containers. Found this in my inventory:

Made out of dragonskin, which is nearly impervious to the decay of time, this quiver is valuable and
    rare.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 14 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Ismay.
    A dragonskin quiver is holding:
    Nothing.
    It will reset to you.

I literally have no idea how I got this, or when! I don't have a bow...

But, it's nice to randomly have an unexpected artie, haha!

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    So, I logged on today and had to buy all new vials and containers. Found this in my inventory:

Made out of dragonskin, which is nearly impervious to the decay of time, this quiver is valuable and
    rare.
    Nothing.
    It will reset to you.

How come I don't get random arties showing up in my inventory :(

• Antidas said:
    Ismay said:
    So, I logged on today and had to buy all new vials and containers. Found this in my inventory:

rare.
    Nothing.
    It will reset to you.

no. You just have people JOKINGLY PUSH YOU INTO AWFUL WHEEL SPINS TO ONLY WIN ATAVIAN WINGS.
    Antidas said:
    Ismay said:

rare.
    Nothing.
    It will reset to you.

Trust me when I say that it's awesome for a minute. Then the bank statement comes.
  • Raves to @Ashtan death squad.
    I deserved to have been squished walking into a room full of baddies, not being able to tumble and all, but you still showed real class.
    Thanks for that.

As a nod in your direction, I'll get my stuff together and get in the Arena. Maybe in a few rl years I'll be someone worth squishing.

• My collection grows!

Thanks to Dairune, Ellaer, Rilinstra, Vulmar & Erikka so far.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited December 2017
    Logged in knowing I'd have to do maintenance tonight. Saw only half the totems faded, :angry: .
    Decided to wait it out and continue studying for tomorrow's final b/c I thought I'd done my math right.

Checked totems again after reviewing 600 slides worth of material. I did my math right! :smiley:
    Most satisfying maintenance I've done in weeks.
  • Ismay said:

I was giving out my arties to someone so they could hunt. I have a sort of janky command at the moment that I have to spam twice. I noticed something odd when I gave them my crit pendant... and then a second crit pendant. Turns out I had my level 2 pendant, and THREE level 1's I don't have any idea where from. 

Guess it's time to comb through the arte list and trade in some crap.
  • Ismay said:

I was giving out my arties to someone so they could hunt. I have a sort of janky command at the moment that I have to spam twice. I noticed something odd when I gave them my crit pendant... and then a second crit pendant. Turns out I had my level 2 pendant, and THREE level 1's I don't have any idea where from. 

Too many arties, huh..
    :open_mouth:
  • ^First World Problems, right there
  • Ismay said:

@Telendrieth if you opened any stockings recently (especially fancy or higher), you probably missed getting them in stockings. They are easy to miss.

• @Cooper That's what I thought it was. I figured three was way too high to miss them from wheel spins. So I figured either I missed them from stockings, or the line for them was left out when opening them or something.  
  • 8884h, 7219m, 36953e, 31755w cexkdb-2.7- 15:16:29.142 0 0-0 0 0-0 [  ](+14h, 0.2%, +150m, 1.9%) 
    Thank you. Your typo has been reported.
    8884h, 7669m, 37193e, 31875w cexkdb-2.7- 15:17:31.188 0 0-0 0 0-0 [  ](+450m, 5.8%) 

8884h, 7694m, 37219e, 31839w cexkdb-2.8- 15:18:40.766 0 0-0 0 0-0 [  ]
    Message #2831       Sent by Achaea
    2017/12/06/15:19 Your bug report (detail: Hi, looks like there is a typo here with the 2 headed 
    Ettin Guards, "A dark hulking ettin guard gives an angry glare at Sobriquet from both heads." It 
    comes at the same time as "A dark hulking ettin guard gives an angry glare at you from both heads." 
    So the line appears twice. Thanks!) - has been fixed. The following notes were included: Fixed, 
    thanks for the report!

How's that for a response time, must have caught them in a tea break or something ;) 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:

How's that for a response time, must have caught them in a tea break or something ;) 

After all this new content?  Probably more like a whiskey break, amirite @Makarios ?  

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Caelan said:
    Sobriquet said:

After all this new content?  Probably more like a whiskey break, amirite @Makarios ?  
    I think it's @Ictinus, he's the one with the Bob the Builder avatar :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited December 2017
    Klendathu said:
    Caelan said:
    Sobriquet said:

I think it's @Ictinus, he's the one with the Bob the Builder avatar :D
    That was me making sure Ictinus wouldn't get in trouble for drinking on the clock. (And just maybe Mak buys a nice 18yr old scotch for Ictinus) Peer pressure.  It works.

• It's a horrible affliction you can help mitigate with cola kola consumption and insomnia.
  • @Ictinus if it helps, I've got a newborn and don't remember what sleep is either. Maybe we can stay up and talk about the old days. Hope you don't care if I'm covered in baby vomit.
  • Although, I could always change my mind! :p

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Raves to Cyrene and Ashtan for a pretty fun 2v1 fight. Kinda annoying to have to fight 2 factions at once, but ended up being pretty badass. Cheers!

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2017
    Does that mean we are a real faction now? :open_mouth:

For real, though. That was pretty awesome.  Even though we got killed a lot, hopefully we'll slowly get better

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Lacking bit and reins, this strange harness will hold no known equine. The intended target is
    instead suggested in the twisting and rolling glyphs that impart power to the weightless 
    leather strapping. Shimmering inks in gleaming gold and blazing bright blues shape feathers, 
    lightning bolts, and cloudlike whorls, the motifs forming a binding between the brave and the 
    great winds of the upper atmosphere.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Kyrra.
    It will reset to you.

@Zulah sure knows how to make a girl feel special. <3
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."