Achaean Raves

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    did you get the special deathsight too

• now you gotta find like a posse and a random newb with 3k health so you can loldamage him to death and make him read your deathsight when he complains that took no skill
  • Mindshell said:
    The bloated remains of x lie belly-up at the feet of Mindshell

I guess Artemis' Order deathsight isn't the worst one after all.
  • wow!  
  • I feel like, with the missing period, that the piping through of the char name is breaking the line and we're missing half the deathsight.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• omae wa mou shindairu

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Daeir said:

I've been a bit iffy about the 'hands-off-ness' of this particular event so far, but given the things we're dealing with are titanic manifestations of ancient elemental might, it makes a lot of sense that they don't exactly talk a lot, or even march to the beat of a mortal's drum. Their dismissiveness sort of does wonders to bolster the sense of oh shit that is currently building, and I'm excited to see what happens when it all inevitably comes to a head.

Good stuff!

Could you go into further detail about this point?
  • edited November 2017
    Daeir said:

I've been a bit iffy about the 'hands-off-ness' of this particular event so far,
    This I really agree with, and I think more public interactions like Nissa's would go a long, long way to help alleviate that feeling. I think Nissa's meeting helped keep everyone at least at a baseline of involvement, and that's a good thing.

Edit:  While players could probably do this themselves, it feels like faction lines have been drawn so thick and so distant now that everyone super-distrusts everyone else.  It's impressively difficult to cooperate in a meaningful way these days because of that.  A neutral party is almost required to get the ball rolling.
  • Likely this point wont be agreed with, but I suppose the only thing that slightly upsets me about the event is the feeling of being "forced" to take this path. Several of us have tried to go with different routes rather than "wake up the monstrous elementals" but it seems it is falling on deaf ears.

I enjoyed in the Black Wave event the feeling that our reaction to situations could be as fluid as we pleased with possible different outcomes. So far I dont feel that to be the case here. It's either help summon the elementals or...do nothing. Try to counter them? They destroy you in 1 blow.

This isnt a complaint, just an opinion of how I feel this event is going so far.
  • Asmodron said:
    Likely this point wont be agreed with, but I suppose the only thing that slightly upsets me about the event is the feeling of being "forced" to take this path. Several of us have tried to go with different routes rather than "wake up the monstrous elementals" but it seems it is falling on deaf ears.

I enjoyed in the Black Wave event the feeling that our reaction to situations could be as fluid as we pleased with possible different outcomes. So far I dont feel that to be the case here. It's either help summon the elementals or...do nothing. Try to counter them? They destroy you in 1 blow.

This isnt a complaint, just an opinion of how I feel this event is going so far.
    I'm willing to bet there's a very specific direction admin needs this event to go for the culmination, so they're just ensuring we "choose" that direction.
  • I get the feelin that this is just the start, the scene-setter. I'm sure decisions will need to be made once the elementals are all summoned. 

I like the fact that there is little we puny mortals can do to disrupt the intent of such taw elemental power.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I dropped a holo on the stone giant. He didn't even blink :(

• Skye said:
    I dropped a holo on the stone giant. He didn't even blink :(
    I breathrained Jeramun. Nothing :(

• Tahquil said:
    I splashed around the Sea Witch in floaty ducky tube. Nada.
    This made me spit my drink everywhere. Hilarious image.
  • edited November 2017
    Asmodron said:
    Likely this point wont be agreed with, but I suppose the only thing that slightly upsets me about the event is the feeling of being "forced" to take this path. Several of us have tried to go with different routes rather than "wake up the monstrous elementals" but it seems it is falling on deaf ears.

Exactly what I felt. it is like having us figure out what admins want and then cooperate and provide them with the progress... Might as well just reveal the story chapter by chapter while we sit back relaxed and read the text. Not a complain, I don't know how to quest anyway. Just collecting opinions. 

Back to raves:
    Raving for double XP day, thank you!! Love it!
  • I am glad this event has been linear so far without room to diverge from the story (that I know of).

There has still been a good amount of stuff to figure out that has been fun, and gotten a lot of people involved.

I look forward to the rest of the event!!

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited November 2017
    I am not complaining myself since things are just starting, but if there's a complain I often hear, is how most events always feel so linear. Not saying those people are right or wrong, but it seems like a popular perception.

Still, regardless, this has only just started, so its really silly to say anything except that its been interesting and fun so far.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I prefer linear storylines and clear goals over convoluted and complicated, but that's just me. To each their own.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Ahmet said:
    I'm all for some fun interactions and impactful choices, but holy hell do people do stupid things sometimes. Linear events are a nice break from having to argue with stupid.
    The fun thing about non-linear is going with what might not be the best choice. Or in fact, going with the worst one.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited November 2017
    Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    I'm all for some fun interactions and impactful choices, but holy hell do people do stupid things sometimes. Linear events are a nice break from having to argue with stupid.
    The fun thing about non-linear is going with what might not be the best choice. Or in fact, going with the worst one.
    Yep

I dislike linear because it somewhat feels like forced RP.

Alot of our characters have been around long enough to have learnt that listening to the request and advice of some randomly appearing entity/group...is a bad idea. In this case..we rather have no other choice before us, other than do nothing and not be involved.

As others said, the event just started and there will likely be more opportunities. I just wished those standing resolute against following the wishes of this randomly appearing org had some path to take. :/

Hoping it appears later.
  • I like that it's sometimes (or often) on rails because there are too many people who do actions that make no sense IC.  Like trying to feed food to a giant mountain.  Or any number of dumb things they would never do if it were IRL
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Ahmet said:
    It was fun watching the same people spam shit for an hour on the shoulder.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Shirszae said:
    You can say it:

"Cyrene alchemists"
  • Krypton said:
    Shirszae said:
    You can say it:

"Cyrene"