The ongoing Yggdrasil event

edited December 2017 in North of Thera
Scattered by an onslaught of forked lightning and howling gales, the Legion of Flame falls to the power of the Stormguard.

Caught in a maelstrom of tidal fury, the armies of the Vault gasp in vain for breath as Vathirr rises from the waves to claim their lives.

The Fist and Palm take to the field of battle, heralded by a pillar of aurulent flame that scorches the life from their foes, the elite troops of the Alcazar.

Enraptured by the song of Chamiloia, the Coterie guardians cease their attack, surrendering both their weapons and lives to the might of the alluring Cetan.

A growl of smouldering rage is heard as the Flame of the World stirs.

Ahmet perishes, conflagrated by the Flame of the World.

Ahmet perishes, conflagrated by the Flame of the World.

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

Oooo ooo-ah, I know that something good is gonna happen!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • oh my..

Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Aralaya's life
    is forfeited to the hunger of the flames.
    5174h, 4149m, 23540e, 16865w cdbkex - TAR: Abomination ()  {nil 0} (( nil nil nil ))  nil
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Farrah's life
    5174h, 4149m, 23540e, 16865w cdbkex - TAR: Abomination ()  {nil 0} (( nil nil nil ))  nil
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Tesha's life is
    forfeited to the hunger of the flames.
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Antonius's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Tesha's life is
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Antonius's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Vender's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Iohanna's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Sneijder's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Nazihk's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Trino's life is
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Solnir's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Sneijder's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Nazihk's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Solnir's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Zyneste's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Ysela's life is
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Zenui's life is
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Grondson's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Jetieri's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Penwize's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Magenta's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Melodie's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Jarrod's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Naoma's life is
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Antidas's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Erikka's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Senoske's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Drefan's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Vincenzio's
    life is forfeited to the hunger of the flames.
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Septera's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Torrent's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Zyneste's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Ysela's life is
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Grondson's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Penwize's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Jarrod's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Naoma's life is
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Antidas's life
    Caught in the blast of a metal tank radiating waves of heat's devastating explosion, Vincenzio's
    life is forfeited to the hunger of the flames.

The tanks just went BOOM
  • The ship "Revenger" finally slides below the surface of the deep, broken and defeated.
    The ship "The Dreadwind" finally slides below the surface of the deep, broken and defeated.
    The ship "The Verdant Naiad" finally slides below the surface of the deep, broken and defeated.

The ship "Hair of the Dog" finally slides below the surface of the deep, broken and defeated.

Distressing images from the Notic Ocean override your senses as they depict the narrow escape from
    death at sea of the crew of The Dreadwind, captained by Orophin.

The ship "The Ithmian Tygress" finally slides below the surface of the deep, broken and defeated.

Distressing images from the Notic Ocean override your senses as they depict the narrow escape from
    death at sea of the crew of Revenger, captained by Tarvius.

death at sea of the crew of The Verdant Naiad, captained by Azare.

The ship "The Gypsy Moon" finally slides below the surface of the deep, broken and defeated.

death at sea of the crew of Hair of the Dog, captained by Kaiu.

death at sea of the crew of The Ithmian Tygress, captained by Tygrin.

The ship "The Cobalt Crustacean" finally slides below the surface of the deep, broken and defeated.
    death at sea of the crew of The Gypsy Moon, captained by Marra.

and all the ships are drowning!
  • Stultifying heat overwhelms the air suddenly as a low, sibilant hissing begins to emanate from within the Vents of Hthrak.

A small spark pulses in the distance, its nascent light growing ever-more brilliant before coalescing into a dazzling figure drenched in a cloak of everlasting flame.

The Flame of the World glows red-hot, a blazing beacon of aurulent rage that drapes the firmament in a haze of crimson fire.

Issuing a thunderous, booming roar, the elemental's armour simply melts from his body, revealing the full, unparalleled intensity of his incandescent form, roused to violent action and ready for war.

ripachaea.jpg

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US

Those deathsights when the tanks exploded. Neat stuff. 
  • Anyone willing to offer up some insight into why Jeramun is a big deal? I don't actually know anything about the Flame of the World.
  • I was stuck doing family stuff all day. Anyone wanna summarize everything that happened IG?
  • Some of it was summarized on the "biggest release" thread (why do we have two threads?), but one thing I haven't seen explained is what happened with Yudhi... can anyone explain when and why he was messing with the tanks? I understand that he was experimenting, but what happened? Did he just show up and say, "hey, I'm doing stuff with your tanks" ?
  • Cailin said:
    Some of it was summarized on the "biggest release" thread (why do we have two threads?), but one thing I haven't seen explained is what happened with Yudhi... can anyone explain when and why he was messing with the tanks? I understand that he was experimenting, but what happened? Did he just show up and say, "hey, I'm doing stuff with your tanks" ?

From the Targossian perspective (so I don't know all of the details for all parties involved - some of my second-hand knowledge may not be entirely accurate): We knew that something was happening with Jeramun and the tanks. Somebody (I think Farrah) suggested that it might be a good idea to find out if Yudhishthira, as the leader of the Conclave, knew anything. It seems like Mhaldor had the same idea at around the same time, but actually had tanks (we'd disposed of ours to avoid any unwanted damage), and took one over to Polyargos to talk things through with him.

Aurora's temple is on Polyargos, so quite a few Targossians weren't particularly happy about the thought of a potentially very powerful explosive being in such close proximity. Mhaldor attacked and killed Xaden when he went over, attacked Farrah when she went over, so we went and killed them, pissing off Yudhi in the process (he wasn't happy about us ruining his talk with Mhaldor or his examination of the tank).

Mhaldor started raiding cities to try to get a sanction and charge a tank inside of one, because Yudhi said there was some kind of interaction between two tanks (the one with him, and the other placed in a city). After they got wiped a few times by Cyrene's guards (with some minor assistance from us, for reasons I'm not clear on, the second time), Targossas did the same thing, and managed to detonate the tank, triggering the mass explosions that have already been covered.

• Siduri said:
    This, of course. (Very tongue in cheek, I know that's not the case!)

Now I VERY VERY BADLY want an Achaea comic book. Just like that. It's gorgeous!!
  • I mean. I thought we pretty handily cleaned them up the first time they came. 2nd time was definitely guards + Targossas. 
  • 100% my fault that we came. No ragrats.
  • Some people in Mhaldor were furious I gave the order to attack Xaden. But uhhh Targ was not going to let us do what we were trying to do without a fight, and there was no other way to keep you guys away.

• Well, on the bright side, the experiment was completed. Mhaldor helped too!

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Words work too. Y'all wouldn't have been butchered like pigs if you'd just opened a dialogue instead of attacking on sight. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Words work too. Y'all wouldn't have been butchered like pigs if you'd just opened a dialogue instead of attacking on sight. 
    You know the Legates don't use words!
  • Xaden said:
    Words work too. Y'all wouldn't have been butchered like pigs if you'd just opened a dialogue instead of attacking on sight. 

Yeah, though butchering them like pigs was more fun. So whatever.

• Xaden said:
    *ignores reports from mainland saying a Targ group was on the way already*

"Hey Targ, can you uhh leave us alone here while we do secret stuff we're not going to tell you about? Okay thanks, see ya."

Sounds like it would have gone well.

• Cooper said:
    Xaden said:
    *ignores reports from mainland saying a Targ group was on the way already*

"Hey Targ, can you uhh leave us alone here while we do secret stuff we're not going to tell you about? Okay thanks, see ya."

Sounds like it would have gone well.

There was no group on the way until you attacked Xaden/Farrah/me haha. And yeah, saying that probably wouldn't have gotten you far. But, to be fair, attacking us -definitely- wouldn't get you far!

Either way, I didn't mind. The fight was fun.

• The fight was great fun, no complaints here. I love easy XP. Just saying: Sometimes words are more helpful. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• We enjoyed some easy xp too, win/win.
  • Fight was definitely fun, just wish my order to bring the group there hadn't been over ridden! 

• I'm just glad that I got my first kill as a Magi.
    Granted it was because I ran into room, dropped a Holocaust, and ran out, but I'm pretty sure that basically makes me @Aegoth right?

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Cooper said:
    Fight was definitely fun, just wish my order to bring the group there hadn't been over ridden! 

How does the Tyrannus get overruled? Start cracking that whip!
  • Cracking! 

• Because I walked in and Cooper has a thing for hips dat sway.
  • Aralaya said:
    I'm just glad that I got my first kill as a Magi.
    Granted it was because I ran into room, dropped a Holocaust, and ran out, but I'm pretty sure that basically makes me @Aegoth right?
    That depends. Was the kill on your own team?