[Mudlet] Scent2Strong - A perfume/cologne gag system!

This was made to counter seeing 30 perfumes/colognes at big events and for those of us who just prefer to not see them. I've made 2 versions of it. One for people on versions of Mudlet below 3.1 and another for 3.1+ users. They only differ slightly.

Sub 3.1 - You have 2 aliases. s2s install which only needs to be ran once after first installing the package. The second alias is s2s which just enables or disables gagging of perfumes/colognes.

Download sub 3.1 version here

3.1+ - You only have one alias since the install function is hooked to the sysInstall event! s2s is your only alias and enables or disables gagging of perfumes/colognes.

Download 3.1+ version here.

For both of these when you go to exit you will get an echo telling you how many scents you either avoided or suffered!

I am aware a few perfumes/colognes are missing. If you'd like to contribute them so I can update please gather the lines and the name of the perfume/cologne. It's likely some may have more than 1 line so please ensure you get them all! In the future I plan to add the ability to toggle the gagging of specific ones so you can use this and still notice your friends perfume/cologne they designed on others. If you encounter any other issues or bugs please let me know here!

Comments

• With the upcoming event, and realizatiom there will be mass swarms of people everywhere, I've taken the liberty to download this.

Thanks Kogan
  • Taryius said:
    With the upcoming event, and realizatiom there will be mass swarms of people everywhere, I've taken the liberty to download this.

Thanks Kogan
    Ah, good point! I wish they'd add them to tunnelvision option! Until then this is about as good as it gets. I've only gathered one new line since I first shared it so haven't bothered updating it, but maybe I can cram a few more in there really quickly. (And actually alphabetize the folders 0.0) Apparently that bothers some people.
  • Daeir said:
    This is legitimately excellent. Thank you for your hard work.

Not to throw shade on Trey or the other people who design these scents, but my god are they irritating in big event gatherings.
    I hope it can help some of you! I know for the longest I was running around with a very basic version of this. Actually I replaced the lines with cecho() stuff so I could actually see it was firing. I'd like to eventually add to this more. I think once I get a few of the scents I know I'm missing we'll get it alphabetized, a more complete list, and I may look to add a separate toggle for different ones. Similar to svof defup/keepup screen thats clickable. So if someone feels dirty using this to block a perfume someone spent credits on and designed, but doesn't mind blocking generic ones they can!
  • edited November 2017
    Will write up custom perfume descs to make this project increasingly difficult to maintain for 5cr.

SMELL THE ROSES
  • edited November 2017
    Kiet said:
    Will write up custom perfume descs to make this project increasingly difficult to maintain for 5cr.

SMELL THE ROSES
    Will gag them for the rest of us for free and release update asap. Enjoy your new perfume!

Edit: Actually. Really no need. There are quite a few of Trey's I'm missing, and I'm not exactly going out of my way to get them. If I come across them though I'll throw them in. So if anything. Just wear Trey's and maybe I'll luck out somewhere and get the lines.
  • edited November 2017
    Should make more. Gives people more reason to use this.

Edit: In other news... there went the toggle for Trey's perfume in the future. Just kidding. That will still be a thing. I even considered a Trey's option so they can turn all yours on at once instead of having to find every one of them alphabetically.

Edit 2: Really my main issue with it now is they either block all of them or none of them the way its set up. Or... they can turn off the individual triggers I suppose. I think the next step is to add a 3rd counter. Where on qq it shows how many credits worth of perfume they ignored so they can feel guilty. We'll shame them with numbers. Surely that will work @Trey.
  • The only ones you need to worry about are admin created and mine, I believe. The way it's set up for the SoW arties that make beads is that you can pay to add already-existing beads to them, while I've got the ability for OC bottles. I'm also tempted to carpet bomb the event with ones that you don't already have, since I have at least ten types of beads that were seasonal that you don't have in your rotation yet.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Gonna make a script to turn this on when there are more than 3 people in a room! Thanks a ton for writing this up!

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    Gonna make a script to turn this on when there are more than 3 people in a room! Thanks a ton for writing this up!
    Sounds great! 
  • I messaged Kenway, but will post here as well. If you decide to use this similar to how he does I highly recommend you add your own function to toggle it that doesn't utilize the echo and instead toggles it quietly. Otherwise you'll get the echo every time a group comes or goes. Which would likely create more noise than perfume and defeats the purpose of using it in events where people are all over the place.