Liquids/Remedies/Toxicology/Etc.

Comments

• Ronwe said:
    Datrius said:
    So I'm guessing the AB files will be getting updated to get rid of inpot and whatnot?
    Already done! Remedies and Toxicology ab files should all be in place.

Help files will take a bit longer - most should be done today, a few will get done tomorrow, and there will probably be a few stragglers (references to these systems are littered all over different sections of the help files).
    Still old syntaxes in place if you look at specific liquids (AB REMEDIES HEALTH for example). Not sure how I feel about it taking 6 seconds of balance :( The short EQ time was nice and could be used relatively easily while hunting as well. Not to mention if you go to refill tuns and someone prisms to your stockroom. 6 seconds of sitting there doesn't sound like a good time.
  • edited November 2017
    Kogan said:
    Ronwe said:
    Datrius said:
    So I'm guessing the AB files will be getting updated to get rid of inpot and whatnot?
    Already done! Remedies and Toxicology ab files should all be in place.

Help files will take a bit longer - most should be done today, a few will get done tomorrow, and there will probably be a few stragglers (references to these systems are littered all over different sections of the help files).
    Still old syntaxes in place if you look at specific liquids (AB REMEDIES HEALTH for example). Not sure how I feel about it taking 6 seconds of balance :( The short EQ time was nice and could be used relatively easily while hunting as well. Not to mention if you go to refill tuns and someone prisms to your stockroom. 6 seconds of sitting there doesn't sound like a good time.
    1. Agree with @Kogan, 6s balance is long considering stockroom security, previous version is much quicker, not sure why balance time has to increase...
    2. Love not having to outr and all the QoL upgrades!
    3. Gonna price refills higher now that we can't produce extra sips...cough...
    4. Gonna discourage artefact vial purchases cos it will reduce refills demand soooo much.
    5. Super happy my lucky sips are doubling with 50% chance!
  • edited November 2017
    Can't say I'm a fan sadly. I mean I'm appreciative that it creates QoL for people moving forward who use it for basic things and personal refills and that it may be cleaner code/open up future upgrades, but this is terrible for shop keepers who stock liquid curatives in tuns in its current state. Before you had the max of 50 of a single item you could put into a pot at once. However you could put said 50 into pot 3 times to fill a tun 30 times in a matter of seconds with one boil. Now we're hitting the cap of 10 per every 6 seconds. Turns refilling tuns into much more of a chore. I'm not entirely sure why the 6 seconds was applied. I guess you could say that using an alembic took longer than a pot in the past so the pot was adjusted to meet the same balance requirement, but I'd rather neither take 6 seconds. I do think there should be some type of balance/eq, but I feel 6 seconds is too long. I don't really enjoy being in a stockroom for minutes doing something as mundane as waiting on balance. I'm still stumbling over the new syntaxes a bit for filling from pots, but I do like being able to empty the pot into it at once instead of having to specify number of fills.
  • Ronwe said:
    Torinn said:

* BREW will pull the necessary ingredients from your inventory and rift. We appreciate the immersive aspects of INPOT, but it becomes an easily-automated nuisance after the first few times. 

Can we get this for inkmilling too?  (I know it's probably not related, but one can hope!)
    Added to my list to look into.
    Man, ink milking is such a pain that I buy inks even though I transed the skill. 

To to be able to do Mill 10 ink and it just -do- it would be fucking amazeballs. You’d be on my Christmas card list for sure. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Kogan not sure how much relevance it had but the testing I was doing before I had to leave for work had me doing brew 50, not sure what the highest amounts you can brew at a time are but you're definitely not limited to just 10 if that helps in any way.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Eh. Disregard me on the batches. I assumed it had meant you can't do more than 50 of a single ingredient so went to doing 10 since most = 40 ingredients per 10 fills of a tun.  If you attempt to do more than 50 you'll likely encounter the line I got about the 50 batches.
  • Is there a reason toxicology batches with loki's tear are only giving 75 per fill where before they were giving 100 per fill. 75 fill batches are useless for filling a 200 sip vial where as the 100 sip fills would fill a vial perfectly to 200 sips before, which worked perfectly as that was what you needed. I presume this is an oversight because it makes the artefact absolutely terrible to use now.
  • The Announce post says that artefact vials "have an equivalent 50% chance not to consume any liquid on sip." It looks like this applies to applying salves, but not to envenoming weapons with venoms. Have artefact vials just been completely devalued for venoms now? (I get that they didn't have great value before, but the fact remains that they did have some which has been completely removed.)

How do I put sips from vials (back) into my liquid rift? FILL RIFT WITH only seems to work for tuns. Is this a bug or an oversight?

How do I indicate whether I want to use minerals or herbs for creating remedies and venoms now? If I don't have enough of one type, will it mix and match?

• You can POUR a container into another container or your rift, or you can POUR
    something OUT, or you can POUR something ON something else.

Syntax:
       POUR|EMPTY [# of sips] <container|fluid> IN|INTO <container|RIFT>
       POUR|EMPTY [# of sips] <container|fluid> OUT
       POUR|EMPTY <container|fluid> ON|ONTO <target>

You can also FILL a container or your rift from a tun, or you can FILL a container
    from your rift.

Syntax:
       FILL <container>|RIFT WITH <tun>
       FILL <container> WITH <fluid> FROM RIFT

• I thought these commands were supposed to be more intuitive? Pouring into my rift doesn't make any sense to me.
  • edited November 2017
    Re pour vs. fill for rift: Here is my thinking:

For one, I'm not convinced FILL is any more intuitive. Ultimately the rift is treated in some weird ways, but you can put things into and take things out of it, so pouring into it seems more or less sensible to me. I do recognize that, at the same time, it's sometimes treated as a blatant mechanical abstraction with no real physicality, but I think that makes it difficult to figure out what English verbs are most intuitive rather than making FILL substantially more intuitive.

My thinking with POUR is that you can POUR a vial - you can tip it over and pour the liquid inside out - so if you can pour a vial, the way to transfer liquids from a vial into the rift is to pour them. You can't, however, tip a tun like a box of wine and pour it into a vial, nor can you really tip an extradimensional space and pour from it, so they use FILL instead.

At present: POUR from vials, pots, and alembics, fill from tuns and rift.

If I changed it to fill rift: POUR from vials, pots, and alembics except when the thing you want to fill is the rift, fill from tuns and rift, and also vials, but only when the thing you want to fill is the rift.

I thought about this for a long time, and pour into rift seemed like the best, most consistent solution, even if I recognize that it will probably seem unintuitive, at least for a little while, to existing players who are used to FILL.

I may consider seeing how much work it would take to have FILL RIFT FROM <container> work too, and then people can just use either. Off the top of my head that seems doable, but no promises.

Re venom applications and artefact vials: It looks like you're right and that slipped past all the testers and I. I'm traveling right now, but will try to tackle that today. Either way, it should be fixed soon.
  • Venoms should now be 50% chance to not consume an application.

I think I caught all of the ways to apply venoms from a vial, but it's possible that I may have missed one or two. If you find one where it doesn't seem to be working, be sure to bug it.
  • @Antonius Missed your question about minerals/herbs.

If you want to use herbs, grab a pot and brew.
    If you want to use minerals, grab an alembic and compound.
  • Ronwe said:
    Hello everyone - I'm the one responsible for the large rewrite that went in today.

I figured it out.

Tujaques said:
    Just some tidbits I stumbled upon that may add to the enticing wait. Not only interesting but also saddening that I missed out on what seems like a wonderful opportunity...

8 months ago /u/IronRealms-CEO posted a job opening on /r/MUD for a paid coder position.

10 months ago they posted a job opening for a paid lead builder.

r.i.p.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited November 2017
    Doing God's work prayemoji.gif

Heraldry revamp next, amirite?
    Babel for next Patron of TAHA.
  • what!!?!? A command that takes 21 arguments most of which are numbers and most of which have special rules depending on previous selections isn't Hall of Fame worthy code?
  • Morthif said:
    what!!?!? A command that takes 21 arguments most of which are numbers and most of which have special rules depending on previous selections isn't Hall of Fame worthy code?
    That is honestly the least of the problems with the heraldry code.
    I have seen Goryllin's arms. I have taken a mere glimpse of the madness.
  • edited November 2017
    Quite possibly a stupid thing that I'm missing...

But how do I dump everything from pot/alembic into the tun, instead of doing it 10 times with making a 40 batch?
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
  • Elipise said: it
    Quite possibly a stupid thing that I'm missing...

But how do I dump everything from pot/alembic into the tun, instead of doing it 10 times with making a 40 batch?
    Empty alembic into tun.