Dallas Meet - March 2018

Hi everyone!

There were some of us chatting on the Achaean Discord and we got to talking about planning another Achaean meet! Previous larger ones have been in DC, NYC, there was one in Vegas, and probably more.

There was a lot of support for Dallas, so we're going to try to put something together here. Lots of moving parts and commitments, so nothing is set in stone yet.

Here are the dates we're thinking, and it will pretty much be whichever one gets the most people here:

March 2-4th
March 9-11th
March 16-18th
March 23-25th

These are Friday/Saturday/Sunday weekends.

Accomodations will depend on how many people we get to come and their comfort level. There are a ton of Airbnb places that are for groups of people, and there are enough of these that it will be easy to get everyone into one central place to make transportation easy.

Restaurants and bars are plentiful. Any type of food from across the world can be had in an authentic fashion. Food is on the pricey side here, so don't expect to pay less than $10 per meal.

Transportation - not 100% sure on this yet, but I would probably rent a large van for the weekend to haul people around in. Atalkez has also volunteered to help get people from one place to another.

Here are some of the things we could do as a group - not an all inclusive list, but I've confirmed that all of these will be open on those weekends (pending weather). The prices for some are general prices because it might vary depending on length of time or what we do, or how many people go. I estimated on the higher end rather than the lower end, and also tried to account for tax.

Dallas Aquarium - $23

Six Flags - ~$75

Top Golf - $25-45 per hour per bay (each bay can have 6 people)
This is fun even if you are not great at golfing!

Ripley's Believe It or Not! - $25-40 depending on how many attractions

Fort Worth Zoo - $15 (might go up in spring)

Ultimate Escape Game - $30
There are several more escape room places around, this is about the average price. Might be group rates available if we can commmit to a full room.

Go Ape Treetop Zipline Adventure - $60

Laser Tag - $25 per person for 2 hours, ish.
Lots of these places around with various ammenities.

Medieval Times - $70 (group rates available, just need more info for this)
Jousting, sword fighting, dinner!

If you have any ideas for other things, feel free to mention them! Once we get some momentum and rough head counts we can start planning activities and getting a loose schedule worked out.

EVERYONE is welcome regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, or who you are in game. Absolutely no bullying or harassment will be tolerated. For the young ones, you'll need parental supervision of some sort!

Feel free to tag anyone that might be interested or lives in the area!

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Damn those activities look like crazy fun!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Well, damn. I might be in Plano for work next March. Will keep an eye on this. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    The aquarium has the most beautiful black jaguar I have ever seen, and if youre lucky it gets playful and will interact with people outside the enclosure.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Depends, will @Cooper's cat be there? I'm on a mission to pat it for Jozlyn.
  • The cat will be at my apartment, it's unlikely she'll make an appearance!

• I would be down for a meet! My wife and I live in Austin, so getting to Dallas for a weekend would be easy. @Cooper let me know if you need help planning anything, I may also have a vehicle to ferret folks around, I would likely just drive down.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool Or a coward
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
    For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
    "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
    Such is the rule of honor
  • Awesome! I'll keep that in mind.

So far we have 100% confirmed:

Cooper, Atalkez, Laniara, and Aralaya.

A handful of tentative people too.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I can give absolutely no promises since Dallas isn't precisely close, but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and consider some possibilities.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Same here. I have family in Dallas too. So I might make a mini vacation out of it. Though I may have to bring the little one if thats okay.
  • edited November 2017
    I'm tentative for sure. I have to visit Buffalo in the spring  :/ but will see if the dates work.
  • You can add me onto the tentative pile. I'd love to do a meet, and I live in Houston which is only a few hours away. My issue is getting there. If it happens to be on a weekend I can gain transport from my folks that'd be cool. Otherwise, I'd be willing to discuss paying gas fare to ride along with someone else heading that way.
  • I’m in the area, so should be able to make it to this. 16th-18th would be easiest for me personally, though any of the dates would be fine.
  • Oh yeah, I should probably mention dates. 16-18 is the best for me too, since with the others I'll be MIA on the friday but the weekends would be fine.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • didn't see World of Beer anywhere on the activities list @Cooper ... I'll be there
  • Aralaya, Atalkez, Cooper, Khairt, Laniara, and Peak is the current list of "I'm coming for sure"!

Anze, Asani, Corina, Kondar&Wife, Shayde, and Tecton are the tentative list.

Lots more watching the thread or just haven't seen it yet, let others know that are in the area!

• decide on dates and lemme know. No dates are better than any others for me, the nature of my job kinda sees to that, but the sooner finalized the better so i can pencil in time off and make sure my crew is prepped to get on without me.

• I'm definitely going, too, @Cooper . Daeki's on the tentative list, though.
  • Please add me to that tentative list. Gotta wait for my schedule for that time to come out so I can see how busy I'll be before fully committing.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Khairt said:
    decide on dates and lemme know. No dates are better than any others for me, the nature of my job kinda sees to that, but the sooner finalized the better so i can pencil in time off and make sure my crew is prepped to get on without me.
    Tell Joe Black you'll teach him the joys of life & love, in exchange for not killing anyone on the possible meet weekends.
  • This seems as though it'll be nice to go to. Personally, anything that involves shooting others (aka laser tag) is a win.
  • Well, flying out from Edmonton may cost anywhere as low as $250, up to what seems to be around $600. I can't really meet the higher end, but if the date falls on a cheaper zone, I'll definitely try to make it out. Especially if @Khairt is there. Now I just need @Aegoth to take me to my first steak dinner.
  • Dave will be there, stonerbros

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • still waiting on a solid date. Wanna get flight and room situation squared away friendos.

• Kythra said:
    Well, flying out from Edmonton may cost anywhere as low as $250, up to what seems to be around $600. I can't really meet the higher end, but if the date falls on a cheaper zone, I'll definitely try to make it out. Especially if @Khairt is there. Now I just need @Aegoth to take me to my first steak dinner.
    Not sure I can make it out to Dallas, alas
  • @Cooper pick a date, let’s set it in stone

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I bet 50 gold you'll put it on paper you tree murderers.
  • Rangor said:
    I bet 50 gold you'll put it on paper you tree murderers.
    Nah, everything's gone digital now.