Quick Questions

Comments

• The following afflictions are cured by focus mind:agoraphobia, airdisrupt, anorexia, claustrophobia, confusion, dementia, dizziness, epilepsy, firedisrupt, generosity, hallucinations, loneliness, lovers, masochism, pacified, paranoia, recklessness, shyness, stupidity, stuttering, vertigo, and waterdisrupt.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Dominius said:
    Can someone tell me exactly which afflictions are focusable?
    AFFLICTION LIST. AFFLICTION SHOW <affliction>.
  • Also: 

WHATISCUREDBY <cure>
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• WHATCURES <aff> as well.
  • Is there anyway to UNSEAL one of your journals?

I'm attempting to edit an old journal I had and it is sealed. I assumed an owner of a journal could unseal it but it doesnt seem to be the case.

So, having finally given up on being able to edit that journal, I purchased a new one, went to Mydoin, and asked him to copy the information into the new journal. Apparently the journal it is copied to....also becomes sealed.

Is there no way for me to edit my work other than manually copying every page to yet another new journal? :(

Also is there a way to 'erase' a journal's contents and reset it? Just curious.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    @Sena: All these years, and I haven't known either... What does Grove Watch do?
  • A question about Event posts that I've always wondered. Are they considered IC?

I usually would picture it as a "word of mouth" concept, with the events being spread around the land by witnesses.

Ive also at times pictured it as 'world chroniclers' that pin down events and happening in some concept of a history book. 

For the current event post which seems to be a report by some being..I wonder how we bring that up IC? Do we say we know because the events post said so?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am pretty sure they are considered IC. How your character comes upon them is up to you, I think, but I do tend to treat them as word or mouth or whatever else is most appropriate at the time.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited November 2017
    Krypton said:
    @Sena: All these years, and I haven't known either... What does Grove Watch do?
    It's been a long time since I've tested it, so I don't have all the details and it may have changed. But last I checked, it showed the user most things that happened in the grove (at any elevation, including the actions of phased adventurers or other things you normally wouldn't be able to see), with the exception of movement and custom emotes. So you would see says (although they're anonymous, you can't see who's speaking), you would see predefined emotes, you would see someone attacking a denizen (not sure I ever tried PvP), and a lot of other things. But it doesn't show anything while the user is standing in the grove, it only lets you see what happens when you're not there.
  • How long after returning from dormancy are you 'active enough' to buy city or house credits again? Is it based on RL time, or time spent in game?
  • What is item/denizen ID 1? Seasone is the lowest number I can find at 10.
  • Gilliam said:
    What is item/denizen ID 1? Seasone is the lowest number I can find at 10.
    Rurin.
    edited November 2017
    Rurin1
    Epicurus2
    Ratman3
    Brachus4(dead)
    Kai-shen5
    Bowmaster7
    Seasone10

Cailin said:
    How long after returning from dormancy are you 'active enough' to buy city or house credits again? Is it based on RL time, or time spent in game?
    "You must be averaging at least 5 hours per week of activity." so at minimum having logged 5 hours within a whole week for your average to be recalculated.
  • How much of a difference does mighty lungs make for secondary effect proc?
  • Looking at buying the SOA Paragon for my fullplate, but I also have an SOA itself. I know the SOA also gives 5% damage reduction that the paragon doesn't.

Is it worth trading the SOA and getting an embrasure on cloth and scalemail armour (Dragon and Jester) and transferring the paragon when I switch?
    Morphing armour seems the answer, but looks like it would be expensive with a short cool down given how much I switch from Dragon / Runie during a day

Or shall I just keep the SOA as is to use when not in Runie mode. (Given I have the option down the line to get a mastery spec switch artie and be SnB?)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I have an soa paragon and I kept the shield for dragonform.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Minifie just made a good point about being able to parry with the SOA as Jester, so tempted to keep it

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Anyone got all the messages for time passing, eg dawn, midday, evening? I'm trying to do something izzywhizzy akin to the sun and moon thing on the Nexus client in Mudlet.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • https://pastebin.com/LPJJUkXC
    Might be somewhat outdated now, not sure.

There's also the GMCP variable that Nexus uses for its time display, but I can't remember what it is.
  • There's gmcp.Time.daynight. The JS code looks like this for the descriptions: 
    if (GMCP.Time && GMCP.Time.daynight)
        {
            gst.daytype = '';
            gst.daytitle = '';

var dn = GMCP.Time.daynight;
            dn = (dn == 100) ? 100 : dn % 100;
            if (GMCP.Time.daynight <= 100) {   // day
                gst.daytype = 'day';
                if (dn == 0) gst.daytitle = 'It is dawn.';
                else if (dn < 28) gst.daytitle = 'It is early morning.';
                else if (dn < 50) gst.daytitle = 'It is mid-morning.';
                else if (dn == 50) gst.daytitle = 'It is exactly noon.';
                else if (dn < 72) gst.daytitle = 'It is early afternoon.';
                else if (dn < 91) gst.daytitle = 'It is late afternoon.';
                else gst.daytitle = 'It is dusk.';
            } else {
                gst.daytype = 'night';
                if (dn < 16) gst.daytitle = 'Dusk has overtaken the light.';
                else if (dn < 50) gst.daytitle = 'It is deep night, before midnight.';
                else if (dn == 50) gst.daytitle = 'It is deepest midnight.';
                else if (dn < 83) gst.daytitle = 'It is middle of the night.';
                else gst.daytitle = 'It is late night, approaching dawn.';
            }
            gst.daypos = dn;
        }
    And this for the drawing (I think, not super familiar with JS/HTML)
    var daynight = $('#footer #status-daytime');
        daynight.removeClass().addClass('daytime-' + gst.daytype);
        if (client.tooltips_shown()) daynight.attr('title', gst.daytitle);
        // rescale the position
        daypos = (gst.daypos - 20) * (daynight.width() - 8) / 100;
        daynight.find('.daynight-icon').css('left', daypos+'px');

• Klendathu said:
    Anyone got all the messages for time passing, eg dawn, midday, evening? I'm trying to do something izzywhizzy akin to the sun and moon thing on the Nexus client in Mudlet.
    Don't stop there. With a little wizardry, you can carefully change the reference color_table so your text colours shift throughout the Achaean day. A little harder with to do programmatically with JS on precoded CSS.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Kyrra said:
    Dragons can wear cloth armour which can be embrasured!
  • When using a nut in a spare class slot, I assume I can just take the class and take the nut without having to embrace the class?

• No, you have to embrace the class. That doesn't cost you anything, though. You can drop the class with no consequences.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kyrra said:
    I choose not to wear cloth armour because I find the notion of dragons wearing clothing to be ridiculous.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Kyrra said:
    I choose not to wear cloth armour because I find the notion of dragons wearing clothing to be ridiculous.
    That’s a sensible perspective. :nod:
  • Fashion is pain. 
  • The harpooner trait is supposed to increase accuracy for ship weapons. AFAIK the weapons no longer have a chance to miss. 

Is this intended or not yet fixed through classleads?
    Apparently it reduces your aiming time = "increased accuracy".
  • So I am planning my second class because I have the lessons ready. I am Infernal, so if I pick up Runewarden, will doing a runeblade and runes on my weapons/armour mess up when I switch back to Infernal?