Frisco, CO

AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
Going on a family ski trip, whereas I have zero interest in skiing. Anyone been and know of any local attractions or whatnot, or any locals have suggestions as to ways to kill some time?

Will probably end up on Achaea while theyre on the mountain, but looking for other stuff to do in the area. 
Huh. Neat.

Comments

• Frisco is beautiful. Should at least get out and see the sights while you're there. Sounds like skiing at Abasin/Loveland/Breckenridge?
  • I live in Colorado, nearby! The skiing there is fantastic! When are you thinking of going?

• edited November 2017
    Depending on when you go there are events such as the second week of December, but the skii resort is lovely. It's going to be cold so you most likely would not enjoy hiking, but there are a couple of breweries in the area. 

https://www.townoffrisco.com/events/10th-annual-wassail-days/

• Hi, another local here. Glenwood hotsprings are about an hour and a half drive from Frisco. I don't know if you'll have access to a car, but if you do, can recommend, they're fun. Copper mountain is nearby and also has tubing you can do, so if you don't like skiing but want to go up on the mountain you can do that.

Copper is my go-to ski resort, so have fun haha. Its definitely beautiful up there.

• I'm bias having been a snowboard instructor at Loveland. But steamboat is my second pic. If you're going to hit breweries just remember alcohol at that altitude packs a lot more punch. You will also be about an hour or so from Alices Glacier. Was once the southern most glacier in the northern hemisphere. I think a few years back they downgraded it from a glacier to a snowfield though. Still great place to ride in the summer. Red rocks and the dinosaur tracks/bones are great to see west of Denver but winter you wont get to see as much. Your other option is to give skiing or boarding a chance! You might like it. Maybe take a lesson