Occultist Artifact that allows Custom Transmogrification descriptions.

How would everyone feel about this?  

I just utterly hate the descriptions that are used currently. I don't have a problem with negative mog traits being 'ugly' or whatever, but all of them are just... ugh. I am entirely willing to pay for an artifact that lets me choose what each one looks like. In all honesty, I'd probably just use the old ones that Imperian had. Int mog = Elegant ebony horns. Yes please.

Thoughts? Are there actual fans of the current mog descriptions?

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Shoulda entered the Mayaween costume contest for a disguise that hides your mog description!
  • Krypton said:
    Shoulda entered the Mayaween costume contest for a disguise that hides your mog description!
    Hrm! That's something to consider.

I only briefly read over it, but didn't the post say something like this feature would be available in the future?
    The contest introduced the new disguise feature - where its use will pop up in the future, only the admins know!
  • I forgot about those elegant ebony horns in Imp. Man those were hot. 
  • I don't agree with custom descs.

I would like to see the transmog descriptors rewritten.

The idea of transmogrification is that the occultist has partially transformed themselves into an eldritch abomination. But the current modifiers don't live out that idea very well.

You can see a full list of current mogs, and their corresponding buffs and debuffs, on the Occultism skill page on Achaea's wiki (link). Some of the current modifiers are good: blue fur, black scales, porcupine needles. Most are a bit unimaginative, or weird, and not weird in the good way: thin skin, droopy eyes, stringy muscles, caved forehead, double joints, bumpy skin. 'Chicken-like head' always makes me think of Foghorn Leghorn.

Some ideas for replacements:

giant compound eyes
    vestigial limbs
    an aura of whispering voices
    an aura of chromatic aberration
    a second shadow
    eyes covering [his/her] arms
    hive-like sores swarming with nesting insects
    writhing black veins
    empty black eye sockets
    an iridescent sheen
    double irises
    a serpent's tongue
    asymmetrical horns
    eyes that glow from within
    Considering how ugly as f*** most of the Chaos Court is, mog should not be pretty.

(Piridon is bae, tho. <3)
  • I wish that mog redid your entire desc ala Viridian into some monstrous abomination instead of simply adding a couple of lines to the end of your normal desc, which conjures an image much more silly than unsettling.
    Blujixapug said:
    eyes covering [his/her] arms
    hive-like sores swarming with nesting insects
    eyes that glow from within
    Exxia beat you to it
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Krypton said:
    Considering how ugly as f*** most of the Chaos Court is, mog should not be pretty.

(Piridon is bae, tho. <3)
    Piridon is my new favourite crush right now. He looks so yummy.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

#WetDredgingsForPiridon