Quick Questions

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Now spruking my IG book, "The Lonely Gentleman's Guide to The Female Species". An ideal Logosmas present for those friends of you that can't even pull a mudsex alt with a slave collar and leash.
  • I like both forms. I would not be offended by ASCII art, or descriptive text to portray imagery. I also like those unique borders that use spacing and alternate characters and stuff.

I don't understand why some people are very opposed to these things. I have toyed with the idea of doing an ASCII comic book for Achaea for a long time.
  • What kind of horrible person would use a non-monospaced font?
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Nexus only has one monospaced font option, and it is a HUGE eyestrain (to me), so I use Verdana.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Antonius said:
    Nicola said:
    For me it's mainly the VIP aspect, if someone with a screenreader doesn't have their screenreader configured to ignore ASCII then it's a nightmare for them, if they do, then it's a descriptive aspect in text that they simply can't comprehend. ASCII is exclusionary and I much prefer a beautifully written phrase to blocks of characters. These are also often rendered in a way that doesn't respect non-monospace fonts, which means they look ridiculous in many clients even if you aren't one of our VIPs.
    Heavy use of punctuation (for non-ASCII art purposes) wouldn't be required if ads respected line breaks and empty lines properly so you could use whitespace to separate sections of your ad.
    My ads have no problems looking neat and tidy! I admit it’d be nice to have proper line breaks though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Anyone know at what point does one only need a level 1 Lorewarden's Stone for 0 class switch cooldown? I think... 6 classes was the minimum for 0 cooldown for Level 2's.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Lucianus said:
    Anyone know at what point does one only need a level 1 Lorewarden's Stone for 0 class switch cooldown? I think... 6 classes was the minimum for 0 cooldown for Level 2's.
    You need 6+ level 3 for aggression timer to be the only thing to prevent class switch. Antonius can confirm though.
  • Lucianus said:
    Anyone know at what point does one only need a level 1 Lorewarden's Stone for 0 class switch cooldown? I think... 6 classes was the minimum for 0 cooldown for Level 2's.
    Never, because that's not how it works. Minifie has it right: Getting five additional, tri-Transed (i.e. picking up your sixth class isn't enough, you need to finish learning all of it) classes gets you an extra level of artefact, or removes the cooldown entirely if you have the level three. Without the level three you will always have a cooldown, no matter how many classes you learn.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Lucianus said:
    Anyone know at what point does one only need a level 1 Lorewarden's Stone for 0 class switch cooldown?
    When you have a seftonium. :P
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Krypton said:
    Lucianus said:
    Anyone know at what point does one only need a level 1 Lorewarden's Stone for 0 class switch cooldown?
    When you have a seftonium. :P
    Have to have the highest lorewarden stone for no cooldown. Otherwise, at 5 classes, you get one level higher artefact than you currently have.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm making someone a present in game - customizing, no decay, etc, but I am trying to decide on the base item type.

Is there a 'tablet' type item? Think stone tablet type deal (doesn't have to be stone since I'll customize it anyway) for writing stuff on.
  • Devran said:
    I'm making someone a present in game - customizing, no decay, etc, but I am trying to decide on the base item type.

Is there a 'tablet' type item? Think stone tablet type deal (doesn't have to be stone since I'll customize it anyway) for writing stuff on.
    I think one of the islands has wax writing tablets?
  • Antonius said:
    Devran said:
    I'm making someone a present in game - customizing, no decay, etc, but I am trying to decide on the base item type.

I think one of the islands has wax writing tablets?
    Thank you, I'll look into it.
  • Does anyone know where in the skill you get Terminus research points?
  • Every skill rank (Apprentice, Adept, etc) from what I could tell when I was relearning it.
  • Alyxeri said:
    Every skill rank (Apprentice, Adept, etc) from what I could tell when I was relearning it.
    I put a few lessons into it, mostly to try and improve the terrible hunting, and I'm stuck at 1 research point despite having multiple skill ranks in it. Might be bugged, then.
    edited November 2017
    Second point is between 350 and 400 lessons, I believe.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm reasonably sure that extra research points are tied to actual abilities, so should be relatively easy to find out how many lessons off you are.
  • Antonius said:
    I'm reasonably sure that extra research points are tied to actual abilities, so should be relatively easy to find out how many lessons off you are.
    Well, I have up to Augmentation and then some, 286 lessons put in total. I'm at Skilled, three lessons from getting the next skill ranks and 70 away from the next ability, environmental. So, three trees unlocked, and only one research point - points aren't tied to actual abilities. Seems a little harsh to withhold points for so long in the skill. I'm assuming that by the time I get Mastery, which is 624 lessons from now, I'll at least have six points to actually master a tree, otherwise the point distribution is beyond silly.
  • Actual abilities as in there are specific abilities within the skill which grant research points, not that you get a research point with each ability.
  • Yeah, I get what you mean now. Dumped a bunch of lessons in there, and that's how it seemed to work out - just 'randomly' got research points while learning. I wish it'd been clearer about where you get points, though. Only way you could tell was by actually checking 'RESEARCH POINTS' after every set. I'm going to save the approx. location of them and post them to the Depthswalker board whenever I trans it (like a month or so from now).
    edited November 2017
    Kalm said:
    Yeah, I get what you mean now. Dumped a bunch of lessons in there, and that's how it seemed to work out - just 'randomly' got research points while learning. I wish it'd been clearer about where you get points, though. Only way you could tell was by actually checking 'RESEARCH POINTS' after every set. I'm going to save the approx. location of them and post them to the Depthswalker board whenever I trans it (like a month or so from now).
    Depthswalker clan already has a list...
    Huh. Neat.
  • quick question:
    As a 2H paladin which of my weaponmastery abilities scale with Strength or for that matter, any of my stats?
    I'm mostly curious about Brain. 
  • edited November 2017
    Sneijder said:
    quick question:
    As a 2H paladin which of my weaponmastery abilities scale with Strength or for that matter, any of my stats?
    I'm mostly curious about Brain. 
    I'm not 100% certain, but chances are all of them that deal damage are affected by strength. Abilities that cause direct health damage that isn't modified by str or int are the exception, almost everything uses one of the two (and it's usually obvious which it is).
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am not sure about Brain, specially with the recent change, but I am almost certain HEW/PULVERISE, OVERHAND and UNDERHAND scale with str

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Nicola said:
    For me it's mainly the VIP aspect, if someone with a screenreader doesn't have their screenreader configured to ignore ASCII then it's a nightmare for them, if they do, then it's a descriptive aspect in text that they simply can't comprehend. ASCII is exclusionary and I much prefer a beautifully written phrase to blocks of characters. These are also often rendered in a way that doesn't respect non-monospace fonts, which means they look ridiculous in many clients even if you aren't one of our VIPs.
    I worked really hard on those pictures :(

• Can someone tell me exactly which afflictions are focusable?