[SVOF Issue] svo prompt loses equilibrium/balance

Hello there. I am having an issue with svof of late. I recall having a similar issue when I tried svo years ago.

I set up a nice system using the svo.do command, but once and a while, the system will lose track of whether I have equilibrium/balance. Achaea says I do, as when I put in commands manually it works, but SVOF refuses to see it, and the 'vreset balances' doesn't change the variable. So my prompt will look like:

1934h, 2378m, 8570e, 9710w br x-

Despite me having equilibrium. Then of course, any svo.do commands would only queue up, and never execute. The only way to fix it is to restart all of mudlet.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it, or just ignore that function of svof?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• There's a high chance this has nothing to do with it, but I know I've seen people have this happen and not know what was going on, and I myself didn't know for a while too. Is your Svof nameDB updating? If the nameDB is updating and you have it config to use honours, it will continuously honours people until it is updated, thus taking away your eq.

If not the problem, sorry
  • I recommended using server side command queue of your balance. Help Queueing. 
  • Well, when did they add that? That's awesome. Thanks! Would be nice to identify the problem, but sometimes you can't!

I am still interested in a possible solution in the code itself, purely out of curiosity's sake. But thank you again @Dochitha for a work-around.
  • How are you checking that you've got eq?
  • edited November 2017
    @vadimuses Manually using an ability that takes equilibrium.

So if I used an alias that had svo.do("kill") it would queue it up, but never execute. I then input 'kill rat' directly into achaea, works fine, get the equilibrium returned message, and the queue would still fail to execute.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Onasi said:
    @vadimuses Manually using an ability that takes equilibrium.

So if I used an alias that had svo.do("kill") it would queue it up, but never execute. I then input 'kill rat' directly into achaea, works fine, get the equilibrium returned message, and the queue would still fail to execute.
     Check the value of gmcp.Char.Vitals.eq to make sure it's 1. It might be that for some reason that's not resetting.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @KlendathuI I... have no idea how to do that. I'm still a baby in regards to some of this stuff.
    vlua&nbsp;<span>gmcp.Char.Vitals.eq</span>
    in your command bar will do it :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Klendathu oh, awesome! Is there a way I can create an alias for this? So if the issue comes up, I can do a quick alias to not only see it, but reset it, and get back in so I don't have to flail about when I'm in the middle of hunting or fighting?
    gmcp is data sent by the Mud to your client, it's the 'raw' data that Svof (and other systems) use instead of triggering off the output for users. You can view it, but not manually update it.