Destiny 2

Just curious how many people are hitting the Destiny 2 grind? Personally loving the new look and the way they've changed the live events to be more noticeable.

Feel free to talk about it and share tags for teaming up!

Mine is vSINvVanity on PS4. Send me an invite if you play and want to team up sometime!

Comments

• Hey! Get back to Dawnlording!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Nope, Dawnlord curse continues. Next time make sure the terms start isn't Destiny 2 release date >:(.
  • Been playing it on PS4, it's a lot of fun.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • You still haven't added me, even though you were supposed to like 12 years ago.
  • Been thinking about picking it up for computer, but dunno if I'm ready for the grind again.
  • I play on xbone. Hate what they did to Crucible, but I was a Y1 crucible player so I don't know if I'll ever get that back.
  • Love the game so far, digging the progression now- not gotten into raiding or crucible just yet.
  • I never really enjoyed the Crucible myself. Did it to the necessary point for certain engrams and whatnot but was just to complete the given task. Just got to around 240 Light last night so hoping to do Nightfall and whatnot soon, if I can find a team. Really annoys me that there's still not a matchmaking function for Nightfall/Raids and it outright requires the use of third-party websites to find teams if you don't have a full sixer available. 
  • Daeir said:
    From what I played, seems like Destiny 2's crucible is all about team fire instead of solo-oriented play. Better in some ways, worse in others.

The PC port will be where the real shit happens, I think. The beta played superbly well on keyboard+mouse and performance wise.
    It seemed that way, yes, and from what I can see it looks like they're doubling down on the Trials of Osiris style of PvP which outright requires team building and Light level to compete. Fun if you're running around with the same core group of people but think it leaves a lot of the playerbase out. 
  • Well, can't be hard to find a crew! I mean, you have a big pool of Achaeans to choose from right here!
  • No.  No more Destiny 2 nobody plays it.  Pls come back.  :/
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Loving It! Glad Bungie fixed a few things we asked for. If only they got the token system right--loot drops feel incredibly rare in raid. Also sadly I don't have a real urge to run strikes this time around, beyond the Nightfall (super easy this week).

My clan and I are speed running Leviathan tonight so we will see what drops! But I'm always down to run public events or crucible if you catch me on. Or if you're looking for an active clan, let me know!

Ps4: Codewarlock
  • Micaelis said:
    You still haven't added me, even though you were supposed to like 12 years ago.
    Handle?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Xias said:
    Loving It! Glad Bungie fixed a few things we asked for. If only they got the token system right--loot drops feel incredibly rare in raid. Also sadly I don't have a real urge to run strikes this time around, beyond the Nightfall (super easy this week).

My clan and I are speed running Leviathan tonight so we will see what drops! But I'm always down to run public events or crucible if you catch me on. Or if you're looking for an active clan, let me know!

Ps4: Codewarlock
    Cool I'll add you later!

Atalkez said:
    Micaelis said:
    You still haven't added me, even though you were supposed to like 12 years ago.
    Handle?
    vSINvVanity
  • Added!
  • Installed it, haven't had time to play it. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    10/10 would play again
    Huh. Neat.
  • Rangor said:
    Installed it, haven't had time to play it. 
    Installed it and haven't even opened it myself. No time
  • Zulah said:
    Rangor said:
    Installed it, haven't had time to play it. 
    Installed it and haven't even opened it myself. No time
    At least the collection grows.
  • Any other guardians on Xbox? @Regi abandoned me :(
  • Oi abandoned is a strong word. I'll be back when there's content to be had, just burned it out for now lol.
  • Regi said:
    Oi abandoned is a strong word. I'll be back when there's content to be had, just burned it out for now lol.
    My sentiments exactly. I LOVE what they did with Destiny 2--this is what 1 should have been. But for all the good they brought from Age of Iron, that has been left behind with this new game.

Once you hit lvl cap, there is not much to do other than log in just to practice shooting or level alts. I'm up to my eyes in exotics I won't use, gun perks are static, and raid/PvP armor have no perks, so it's hard to justify playing until Osirus.

I'm hoping in the future they add in Destiny 1 raids and strikes as "memories", make prestige armour and weapons at least 5 levels above usual cap, and add more crucible match types.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Armali said:
    Any other guardians on Xbox? @Regi abandoned me :(
    Yo. One x AM is my gt

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited November 2017
    @Regi @Xias

Whatever happened to play for fun? :(

Personally, I feel like there's so much more I haven't done, a lot of it probably because all the people I was going to play with it got bored. I don't have a set of raid guns or full raid gear. I'm not even 300 yet (stupid mark, where are you). I haven't done Trials once, and I'd love to get my hands on some of the armor and the Prosecutor. I've never done any of the Prestige stuff, the auras look super cool. There's so many different kinds of gun archetypes that it's fun coming up with builds to bring into Crucible (double auto rifle + Actium is my jam right now!) and seeing how they do. Trying out the high impact scouts, the Halfdan, the auto sidearms or the semiauto sidearms -- all of that's good fun!
  • Armali said:
    @Regi @Xias

Whatever happened to play for fun? :(

Personally, I feel like there's so much more I haven't done, a lot of it probably because all the people I was going to play with it got bored. I don't have a set of raid guns or full raid gear. I'm not even 300 yet (stupid mark, where are you). I haven't done Trials once, and I'd love to get my hands on some of the armor and the Prosecutor. I've never done any of the Prestige stuff, the auras look super cool. There's so many different kinds of gun archetypes that it's fun coming up with builds to bring into Crucible (double auto rifle + Actium is my jam right now!) and seeing how they do. Trying out the high impact scouts, the Halfdan, the auto sidearms or the semiauto sidearms -- all of that's good fun!
    Don't get me wrong--I still enjoy hopping on when friends want to just mess around. But from a personal goal standpoint, I've exhausted all my options so far. There isn't a real collection system yet in D2 so there is no point in collecting ships, sparrows, ghosts, etc. Weapon wise, the only thing I'd reeeeeeally want is the raid rocket launcher.

It looks like a lot of neat things and changes are on the horizon so I'm sure I'll be playing again soon!
  • I've been collecting one of everything. You never know when something will become meta in Crucible! (and that's the only place where things matter!)
  • One of the things I missed about destiny was just roaming around and killing stuff. The gun play and the environments alone are enough for me to just chill in social for longer than should be allowed. I'm loving 2 so far. :)
  • I wish the farm was more of a main stay. I was so excited unlocking it and now....it has become a relic  :p
  • @Armali If you had started at the exact same time as me and played through with me I think you'd be in the exact same position right now. I did play for fun: 

https://www.wastedondestiny.com/search/commander reg,commander reg
  • @Armali Lol your playtime was much higher than mine already I stand corrected