Indianapolis, Indiana

edited August 2016 in The Wander Inn
August 4-7 is GenCon, I'll be in Indianapolis, Indiana working a booth. If anyone would like to meet up one night or stop by the vendors hall (if you're going already) it would be awesome :)
Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."

Comments

• I really want to visit GenCon in 2018! Aimed for this year but the extra cash wasn't in the cards. I really wanted to hit up True Dungeon again  :p

What were you vending/what do you vend at your booth, @Elipise ?
  • @Xias well that year I was doing geek soaps (theme scented, dice shaped with dice in them), but sadly didn't sell enough to justify this year's booth. Talking with a friend to see if I can join her at her booth next year.
  • edited November 2017
    That's awesome @elipise ! Do you sell them on etsy too or on another site year round?

If you need help with any marketing or design stuff, lemme know!
  • Trying to sell soap to comic convention nerds seems like it would be sort of a lost cause.
  • The dice soap and the 'drunken imp' and mountain dew ones sold great, just not near enough to justify the costs. Sadly I had a lot more people going 'I can make that at home, where do you get your soap molds?"

I do have an etsy shop that I sell year round, it's down currently so I can clean up after a recent move, but can inbox you with it when I get it back up!
  • Elipise said:
    Sadly I had a lot more people going 'I can make that at home, where do you get your soap molds?"
    My wife is a crafter also, and I help out with the selling end, and this is probably the most infuriating thing. If you want it, buy it, don't ask how to do it/where to get patterns/molds/etc.
  • Elipise said:
    The dice soap and the 'drunken imp' and mountain dew ones sold great, just not near enough to justify the costs. Sadly I had a lot more people going 'I can make that at home, where do you get your soap molds?"

I do have an etsy shop that I sell year round, it's down currently so I can clean up after a recent move, but can inbox you with it when I get it back up!
    Hell yeah! I'd love to take a look and buy some for myself and friends.

@Solnir I totally know what you mean! I used to get a ton of people ask if I would edit commercials for them or do art stuff "for all the exposure". Yeah, exposure doesn't put bread on the table.
  • I think anyone in any sort of creative field feels that pain. David Thorne probably best describes the frustration of being asked to do your job for free on http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Or the people who are asked to write articles/donate creations for "exposure". 

Never work for free, this doesn't mean always getting money, but getting equal value in return of something you want. I love when my son pays for things in hugs, makes putting up his weird tent in the backyard and taking it down an hour later worth it ^_^.
  • He's lowballing you.

Kid's gonna do well.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."