November Promotion

So, turns out pretty sweet to me so far. Got 10 spins and ended up getting 11 because one of the spins was another token.

4x 25cr artefact discount voucher
3x artefact upgradecredits worth 30 credits
1x phial of permanent ink
1x 30 bound credits
1x 200 lessons
1x token

Comments

• "Got 10 spins and ended up getting 11 because one of the spins was another token."

This is a strange way to look at it, assuming the promotion hasn't changed from previous months. You don't get anything else with the token, so you just got ten spins; the fact that one of them resulted in a re-spin is irrelevant. The only reason for the tokens to exist is the free daily spin.

Regardless, looks like you did pretty well, despite not getting any of the really high value prizes. 320 credits (assuming you have use for the permanent tattoo, otherwise 286) plus 200 lessons (another 33 credits worth), for the cost of ~230 credits.
  • Was unimpressed by what I got. Will always hate gamble promotions cause I seem to be unlucky 
  • Jinsun said:
    Was unimpressed by what I got. Will always hate gamble promotions cause I seem to be unlucky 
    If you don't mind posting it, what exactly did you get?

In raw credit value, Dominius got about a 40% bonus over purchasing credits directly (assuming he has Iron Elite, which I didn't factor in when calculating the numbers for my previous post; over 50% if he doesn't), which really isn't bad. There are a few things that can impact that quite a lot, though. If you already have all permanent tattoos, then the phial is only worth 66 credits, not the full 100. If you don't need (or even want) lessons for anything then they're worth nothing.

The market for most minipets and battle figurines is extremely small, in my experience, so unless they're really cool and have near universal appeal you have to buy early in the month and hope you can sell to the few people who want them. That makes it pretty hard to calculate how well you did out of a given set of spins, though a lot of the time I just count them as zero credits because that's likely to be the reality. A more reasonable (15-20) tradein value on those would help mitigate that, but I just don't see that happening at this point considering how many of these promotions have already been run.

I think a lot of the time (and I'm not saying that's necessarily the case with you), people consider the promotion to be bad just because they didn't receive the highest value possibilities, even though they're still doing extremely well out of it.
  • Bought 5. 

134 credits worth of stuff and a handful of lessons. 

Tbh I'm glad it didn't blow my skirt up cause then I would be buying a ton. Not bad, not amazing. 

• edited November 2017
    Yeah, Im no iron elite member, and I also figure its not worth it if you just want credits and have a lot of artefacts, but since I had no perm tattoos yet and my current aim is just getting some artefacts its a good promotion for me. Yeah the extra spin is bogus I know, just thought Id throw it in because I think it is a likely reward for a normal wheel spin you get for logging in an hour. @Jinsun Im always unlucky when it comes to the gamble stuff too. Since 2005.
  • Obligatory “I like gambling promos.”
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a prismatic token.

You deftly spin a large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune. It begins whirling rapidly, emanating a loud, clacking noise.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with artefact upgrade credits.

30 (upgrade) credits from a free spin, I'm a happy camper.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a prismatic token.

You deftly spin a large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune. It begins whirling rapidly, emanating a loud, clacking noise.

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with artefact upgrade credits.

At least you didn't get a raffle ticket to a non existant raffle!

worst part is I still won't win that raffle...
  • Hey i won ~20 lessons off the free spin. Where is my raffle ticket
  • Raffle tickets had a chance to still show up in the free spin pool. They don't anymore.
  • 20 spins, 5 caches, a bunch of credits related things, vials pipes that I trade in, orb, glass. More interested in what the caches open for. I aimed blackwave since I have leftovers since the last promo, completed another taper and spigot. So I am happy. 
  • edited November 2017
    15 spins
    2 pets
    a perma-tat
    hunter's belt
    vial
    some race tickets
    some upgrade creds
    One of the new smoke globe things
    A lot of bound credits (300+)

Not bad.  Just hunters belt and vial was worth somewhere in the 326cr range iirc.

• Let me buy spins with credits, please :( Datrius wants to participate too.
  • Datrius said:
    Let me buy spins with credits, please :( Datrius wants to participate too.
    If your credits aren't bound, you can always make a deal with somebody to give them credits in exchange for buying you tokens. If they're bound, you're out of luck. I can't see them allowing spins to be bought using bound credits ever again.
  • Antonius said:
    Datrius said:
    Let me buy spins with credits, please :( Datrius wants to participate too.
    If your credits aren't bound, you can always make a deal with somebody to give them credits in exchange for buying you tokens. If they're bound, you're out of luck. I can't see them allowing spins to be bought using bound credits ever again.
    I know, but I can hope :( I did crappy the first time of it, but the second time around I did way too good at keeping the wheel spinning and making profit without spending a rl dime. But a man can hope :(
  • I really, really, really hate mechanical boxes. This seems like the time and place to ask @Nicola and @Makarios though. Are these working as intended?

I fell for the trap before this promotion buying one from the shop...which gave me 1/4 box. So I bought another 4, got 2 1/4 boxes and 2 groups of like 7 goldenseal roots. At this point I had spend 125 credits and gotten 14 goldenseal and 3/4 of a box.  Bought another box and got a globe top piece.  Bought another box and got my last 1/4 of a box.

Now at that point it gave me my extra box and I thought well I'll be done with this once and for all now!

Opened the box...got 1/4 box. :(  Now with the wheel I've gotten one box and gotten a 1/4 of a box and bought a box stupidly from the artefact shop...7 ginseng.

So out of 9 boxes (worth 225 credits) I've gotten a globe top piece, 14 goldenseal, and 7 ginseng.  I understand its a gamble, but shouldn't the consolation prize be worth at least a couple credits given the cost of buying them in the first place?
  • Klendathu said:

I got the exact same as this on Devran's first spin! Got a mechanical box on the second day of promo. 
  • 20 total spins - 3 Pipes, 3 of those storm bottles, 3 ice figurines (for customization I think), perma tat phial, 2 transfer chains (buckawn’s panties makes me giggle), 2 diamond vials, lessons, racing tickets, and a bunch of bound credits. 
  • Got lesson gain for this month!
  • Wicella said:
    I really, really, really hate mechanical boxes. This seems like the time and place to ask @Nicola and @Makarios though. Are these working as intended?

I fell for the trap before this promotion buying one from the shop...which gave me 1/4 box. So I bought another 4, got 2 1/4 boxes and 2 groups of like 7 goldenseal roots. At this point I had spend 125 credits and gotten 14 goldenseal and 3/4 of a box.  Bought another box and got a globe top piece.  Bought another box and got my last 1/4 of a box.

Now at that point it gave me my extra box and I thought well I'll be done with this once and for all now!

Opened the box...got 1/4 box. :(  Now with the wheel I've gotten one box and gotten a 1/4 of a box and bought a box stupidly from the artefact shop...7 ginseng.

So out of 9 boxes (worth 225 credits) I've gotten a globe top piece, 14 goldenseal, and 7 ginseng.  I understand its a gamble, but shouldn't the consolation prize be worth at least a couple credits given the cost of buying them in the first place?

Hmm, Nicola and I will talk about these today. They're only in the free pool for those concerned about that, but I agree we could make these better.

• Makarios said:
    Wicella said:
    I really, really, really hate mechanical boxes. This seems like the time and place to ask @Nicola and @Makarios though. Are these working as intended?

Hmm, Nicola and I will talk about these today. They're only in the free pool for those concerned about that, but I agree we could make these better.

Maybe make them only drop medium-rare talisman pieces, or perhaps SPIN BOX FOR <<talisman set/item>>, with reduced chances the more you focus on specifics (so SPIN BOX FOR DEATH has a smaller chance than SPIN BOX, and SPIN BOX FOR DEATHCAPE has an even smaller chance (can always make it so better items have very small chance while more common items are higher). Then just make it so you can get a consolation prize for too many failed boxes, or make the boxes drop better stuff on fail. Just think the RNG would be fine if we had more control over what the outcome could be in success.
  • So far on two free spins I've had lesson gain (I think it was 16 lessons, but not really sure) and experience gain (not enough to notice at 118).
  • edited November 2017
    Er...I dont recall exactly what I got...so I'll just list what I can.

2 transfer chains
    2 blackwave/death caches
    1 blackwave cache
    2 swirling orbs
    Ice figurines
    1 glass bottle
    1 pipe
    1 vial
    Bunch of bound credits
    Racetrack tickets
    Some lessons

...probably forgetting some stuff but nothing 'wow' (other than the 500 credit prize but I admit I was fishing for that ^^)

• Very good point. I'd completely forgotten about the 500 credit jackpots.
  • edited November 2017
    Out of 3 free spins I've gotten experience gain each time (less than 0.1% at level 103). But, I did snipe the 500cr jackpot on one of them, so I don't get to complain for the rest of this promo.

• I got an ink-stained rose thorn. Why are these still a thing? :(
  • Solnir said:
    I got an ink-stained rose thorn. Why are these still a thing? :(
    Do they not have a tradein value?
  • Oh. I guess they do. I just assumed they didn't... thanks Anto!

33cr for those curious.
  • Solnir said:
    I got an ink-stained rose thorn. Why are these still a thing? :(
    It is a good item when you need it.