Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Is there no other counter? Seems odd the answer is just to run for something with so little prep.
    I assume I'm just ignorant to whatever that counter is (halp).

Sigils? What is it knife and cube? /shrug
  • Atalkez might have more info on fighting in ret, but my understanding is that BM is a really poor ret fighting class because of how it's set up.
  • edited November 2017
    Can switch to single strikes for afflictions. Not going to be brilliant in ret but not impossible either and BM has a sleep attack too.
  • Off the top of my head, I feel like your best bet in retardation, assuming you can't get out of it, is going to be something like voidfist into neck and then hope for an impale.
  • edited November 2017
    The problem is that naked strikes are absurdly slow. IIRC, it's at least 2s, and might even be 3s. Balance slash -> strike might work. Hit with balance slash, immediately strike something on hit, immediately balance slash again on that hit, etc.
  • Wouldn't work anymore because you'd have to delay your strike by at least a second, and you can't delay a strike that long anymore. Was changed to stop the pommel->delayed knee->impale bullshit.
  • edited November 2017
    Nylian said:
    Seems odd the answer is just to run for something with so little prep.
    It's not really any different from running from impaleslash, in terms of how easy it is, and how much the person using gains from them not running. Probably would be able to knees/impale off of the embed, honestly. Even with staff/embed arti.
  • edited November 2017
    Alyxeri said:
    Nylian said:
    It's not really any different from running from impaleslash, in terms of how easy it is, and how much the person using gains from them not running. Probably would be able to knees/impale off of the embed, honestly. Even with staff/embed arti.
    I mean I get your point but I'm not sure I agree here. Dry impaleslash gives the BM nothing without the prep to back it up, and is trumped by both fly and smart salve management even if you are prepped. Also you can just run at any point that you have it with no hinder from the BM outside of hamstring.

That said, thanks to your guys' help, I definitely could've handled my commands a lot better to get out of ret in the log I posted.

Dry strikes are > 2s (like 2.2ish).  Couldn't do the delayed strike thing anymore.  I'm cool with BM not being super equipped in ret I guess, I don't mind running in a fight at all, part of the deal.  Maybe I'll just start flinging axes.
  • Alyxeri said:
    Nylian said:

Her eq is like .5 secs so I doubt that. Staff is meant to be OP though.

BM is unusually terrible in ret, so I really would just leave and avoid it at all costs.
  • I avoid ret like the plague unless I'm a monk or got off a prevenom. 

Speaking of, plague vibe in pre nerf retard still gives me nightmares. 

• I’ll try to fight in try with dry strikes because I’m a masochist who don’t need no rules.

(BM sux in ret, wtb COMBO for pommelstrike)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Armali said:
    The problem is that naked strikes are absurdly slow. IIRC, it's at least 2s, and might even be 3s. Balance slash -> strike might work. Hit with balance slash, immediately strike something on hit, immediately balance slash again on that hit, etc.
    You can start your next strike before you regain balance. You'll get the move sluggishly into action message and the next action will go through as long as you regain balance before the delay finishes.
  • I know how it works. One aff at 2s is still really slow.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Speaking of ret, it stops arrows. Does it stop thrown shit, too?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Wait ret stops arrows from los?
  • Yes and yes.
  • What's the available affliction pool from Infestation?
  • Asthma, clumsiness, weariness, confusion, nausea, impatience, darkshade, at least.
  • Dizziness too, I think.
  • Lethargy hypersomnia and sensitivity, as well, but I might be wrong about sensitivity. It's a big, big list. 
  • So we have 2 levels of EQ artifact. 

How gamebreaking would it be to have one for balance, even if only at the lower end of 7.5%, same as the level 1 EQ one?

Not championing for it, just wondering how it would effect the game.
  • It's hard to predict exactly how broken it would be but I'd guess somewhere between 'pretty fucking broken' and 'holy fucking shit, ouch, staaaahp'
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Devran said:
    So we have 2 levels of EQ artifact. 

How gamebreaking would it be to have one for balance, even if only at the lower end of 7.5%, same as the level 1 EQ one?

You'd need to rework a lot of things, to be able to viably implement it without breaking pretty much everything.
  • let's not add a balance version of the EQ gem please...
  • lol alchemist with rageblade and bal gem here I come!
  • The eq bonus artifact is a huge problem in and of itself, and I am fairly sure that the producers would remove it if they felt like they could get away with it.

Ever look at the class list and wonder why there's damn near no pure-equilibrium classes anymore? Diadem. Can't balance a class around "Well, some people are just 15% faster at everything". 
  • Kogan said:
    lol alchemist with rageblade and bal gem here I come!
    just use mayology+rageblade
  • Devran said:
    So we have 2 levels of EQ artifact. 

Balance artifact, don't think is possible cos balance is widely used for herb afflictions, have to balance around herb balance else you get oplocks running around like Mindshell's crab.
  • Do mutilated arms still hinder getting things out of the rift? And if yes, at what stage does it not anymore?
  • two broken arms does that. Don't need to mangle or mutilate