Birthday Card Prize Revealed

KayeilKayeil Washington State
Makarios has just given you a glass orb filled with writhing smoke.

Ensconcing whorls of smoke bearing hues of pale rose and ashen grey within its 
heart, this perfectly spherical glass orb veritably thrums with unseen power. A myriad 
of images dance and churn amidst its caliginous depths in slowed time, their passage 
betraying the hints of portent that lie imprisoned within. An opaque sheen roils across 
the surface of the orb at so much as a passing glance, its confines ever shifting to 
frame the centre of one's gaze.
It weighs about 1 pounds and 12 ounce(s).
It bears the distinctive mark of Kayeil.
It will reset to you.
What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Usable four times for a one-hour XP bonus, for those who aren't in-game or who missed the post.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited November 2017
    You can also shake it for random historical events (I think that's what they are). :)

Edit: These have me in tears. This orb is freakin' fantastic.
  • Ahmet said:
    Usable four times for a one-hour XP bonus, for those who aren't in-game or who missed the post.
    Is that per month or forever?

• edited November 2017
    Yeah, I found the shake immediately because I had a feeling there was more to it. These are some really interesting and well written memories. Very well done on this guys, it's awesome. :)

I'm snipping logs of each of them that I see.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    @Hataru no gon' likey one of them!
  • If we use up the XP bonus, does the orb stay? I kind of like the visions!
     <3 
    Yes     
  • Along with the insights it offers this item also has four, hour long XP boost charges!

These can be activated once per 24 hour period and do not stack with themselves. Simply ACTIVATE <orb> to activate your experience bonus! Once the XP charges are used up, the item will remain yours to keep and is resetting.

• edited November 2017
    'Laf, do you feel any different?' The girl asks of her companion.

The young man laughs as he nods, 'I'm going to get out of here and challenge
    everything until I'm a black dragon. Everyone knows black dragons are best.'
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Does everyone get the same orb, or is it different if you completed more than 15 or all 20?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Those with 20 completions get a little extra!
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    edited November 2017
    Krypton said:
    @Hataru no gon' likey one of them!
    damn it @Kryptonnow I have to log in.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • I hope someone will post analyses of these! I only really get like maybe half of them. The references and lore behind the others are just over my head.
    WELL THANKS FOR MAKING HAT SAD NOW KRYPTON.

That was beautifully written though.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
    edited November 2017
    The ten I've seen (didn't get 20 points on the card):
    1. Birth of the Silverveil
    2. Ophal and Lafrin completing their newbie Dragon Orb quest
    3. Ugrach remembering Slith's birth as he ascends to the Moot
    4. A sorceress destroys the Margam
    5. How Maklak obtained his uber power
    6. Keresis' death at Bal'met's hands
    7. Birth of the lightning eagle
    8. Ama-maalier and Yudhi argue their claim to the Overland
    9. Gattan'bahar processes the defeated Kal-tai-vakha
    10. Parni meets Kosuira
  • 8/10 on the dissections, and you're missing one!
    Aurora/Deucalion Sword of Dunamis?
    That's the birth of the Silverveil. The latter 60% of it is from the "perspective" of the river, I think.
    Ahhh okay I wasn't around for that so I was vaguely guessing. I have all 11 so gonna use your's to try and guess at which one it is you don't have.
    Hrm. Is the Glacial Peaks one just... Glacial Peaks and pretty or is it specific to something?
    Oh, #11 is the snowglobey scene of a mountain peak. Pillars of Heaven?
    edited November 2017
    @Nicola you wanna be super nice to me and Kyrpton's sanity and tell us if all are memories or if some are stuff mortals just don't know yet so they're history/memories, just not stuff available for us to guessy guessy? Even if I'm eternally bitter at the never ending grief I'm gonna get from @Titonus over the black dragon one!

Edited cause Krypton is right and I worded that.... not how I meant.
    They all end with the "captured history" bit so I'm sure they're all past events (even if a lot of the lore is totally new).
  • They are all past events, @Krypton is correct. But the tie ins of some may not be apparent quite yet.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The Parni and Kosuira one just made sad all over that she died :(

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

edited November 2017
    Thanks <3 Just wanted to make sure we weren't under/overthinking on that aspect!

I have some thinky thinks but mostly about the ones I wasn't around for. Like I'm guessing the Maklak one isn't maybe totally wrong, but specifically about the eq gem since it says jewel? I know so little about forays/relics though so I'm hesitant to guess too much on the two that seem specifically about that.

Edit Also thinking the Yudhi one might me something more than just simply about the Overland. The whole 'sharing Hate' thing makes me think its deeper than that.

Very very curious what the extra stuff the 20 ones had!
    I shrieked at Mama Slith's name being revealed, I was hoping we wouldn't have to wait long to learn it.

Also the Elemental Lords (Sllshya and co., but especially Sllshya) have been my favorite bit of unexpanded Mythos lore since I started playing, so seeing him with a new, concrete appearance in Achaean lore is a mega mind-blown moment for me.

Aquamancer at heart! :bleep_bloop:
  • Which two were wrong? :open_mouth:

• Nicola said:
    Those with 20 completions get a little extra!
    :( I had no idea this would be the case... I stopped doing the card stuff with like 3 days to go. I'm sad I missed out now.

i'm a rebel

• Dislike.

I finished at 14 :(

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.