bounty

Paying 15 credits for a copy of this script for dissection purposes:

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/950/sea-mapping-release/p1

Also throwing this out there because I know there are some coding wizards amongst us...
  Paying 500 credits to the first person who solves & demonstrates proof of concept for the below task:

the wilderness rooms / sea rooms are represented as objects in an array,
  when different room types abut each other, they create boundaries
  topojson uses lines to draw polygons, reducing the burden of draw/re-draw on scaling & scrolling

the task:
    accurately transform a collection of sub-typed objects (array of 'rooms') into boundary arrays
    your solution should include no-neighbour cases

demo page
  src

if you inspect the demo page using the browser inspector, the console will print (1) an array of 'rooms' starting from Sea Lion Cove, & (2) the topojson format for the depicted island of Shala-Khulia

I will be attempting to solve this myself, so if I do finish first, you'll get 250 credits.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Comments

• oh uhm

how do you turn data on a bunch of colored squares into data about their boundaries?

• One of my favourite scripts I've seen written.

Got enough credits on Achaea though so I'll give someone else a chance ;)
  • Yeah a shame it is out of circulation, might try to get it up and running again and plonk it on github.

Will up the bounty for that to 50 credits. Look in your old profiles, folks!

• Oh I've still got it of course. I don't want the credits, so I'll give it to you if you promise to put it up on Github, fix it up, and maintain for today's use or you donate the equivalent to Mudlet.
  • Vadimuses said:
    Oh I've still got it of course. I don't want the credits, so I'll give it to you if you promise to put it up on Github, fix it up, and maintain for today's use or you donate the equivalent to Mudlet.
    Can do, will pm you on discord

• Thanks @Vadimuses

Bounty for @Tirac's script closed.

• Github link?
  • You got any screenshot of this? old thread are gone and I looking to steal some ideas for ship visuals.
  • No I deleted all my ship stuff, went looking for a ship UI I saw on the threads that I was very impressed with.

Found it, belongs to @Zulah:

From this page<-

I really liked the way @Zulah set up his compass.