Cities

Comments

• Who would ever dislike seeing Stewie ^^
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Asmodron said:
    Who would ever dislike seeing Stewie ^^
    Bertram?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • The real problem with Hashan is that it's full of giant crybabies that when told to do something in a way they don't like it hurts their feelings and they cry about it until the person responsible is kicked out. Someone actually gives a crap in hashan? oh heck no lets get them the eff out of here before they can infect the population with an actual reason for existing.
  • Keirissa said:
    The real problem with Hashan is that it's full of giant crybabies that when told to do something in a way they don't like it hurts their feelings and they cry about it until the person responsible is kicked out. Someone actually gives a crap in hashan? oh heck no lets get them the eff out of here before they can infect the population with an actual reason for existing.
    Haha. Wow, are you a comedian? I hadn't seen you post about it in the other thread. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Well, this has died down. 

Anyway what's the deal with Targossas their definition of 'good' really sucks
  • Ask someone in game :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Ask someone in game :)
    Let's be real--that answer would suffice for the entire thread.
  • Well... then let me paste what I originally wrote:

It's 'Good', damn it. It's not mortal or moral good. Good isn't the concept of being all nice and polite it's literally a force that drives Creation's advancement and protects it when under threat.

• Xaden said:
    Well... then let me paste what I originally wrote:

It's 'Good', damn it. It's not mortal or moral good. Good isn't the concept of being all nice and polite it's literally a force that drives Creation's advancement and protects it when under threat.

So... Mhaldor.
  • Xaden said:
    Well... then let me paste what I originally wrote:

So... Mhaldor.
    I hate you

• Halos said:
    conflicted between scoffing at mhaldor-targ false equivalency and awarding a like for elite photoshop skills :s
    Must live in Cyrene :^)
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited October 2017
    better than Hashan

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • edited October 2017
    If it helps you grasp the concept, then sure. We are Mhaldor, with a completely different goal at endgame, and different operation towards that goal.

There isn’t a ‘good guy’ place in Achaea. We’re all genocidal, immortal maniacs.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited October 2017
    Atalkez said:
    If it helps you grasp the concept, then sure. We are Mhaldor, with a completely different goal at endgame, and different operation towards that goal.

There isn’t a ‘good guy’ place in Achaea. We’re all genocidal, immortal maniacs.
    it'll make for great movies when Achaea develops the technology
    spread positivity
  • targ is basically an alternate reality mhaldor
  • Targossas is Mhaldor like Ashtan is Eleusis.
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Kiet said:
    targ is basically an alternate reality mhaldor
    This is as bad as your arguement last night that Mhaldor isn't anti-chaos.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • edited October 2017
    Well, this has died down. 

Anyway what's the deal with Targossas their definition of 'good' really sucks

Targossas and Mhaldor have similar enemies: Darkness, Chaos, *Nature (Nature is not submitting to the full protection of 'Creation', only to their own little realm, and are now being attacked by Targossas).  Both Targossas and Mhaldor are 'City First' in their rules and they are also both violent in their approach of furthering their Goal. Mhaldor's goal is the advancement of nothing less than Sentient life and Targossas' goal is outlined below. Granted, this is some of what I wrote from three years back when I had to help teach all the moralistic Priests and Paladins in Diaspora Era Cyrene about the Good they're supposed to be submitting to. It did not go over too well, because Cyrene's laws are not written to 'Protect Creation' because the methods to 'Protect Creation' would bring trouble to the City of Peace.

* What is Good? Good is the force that is spawned by Creation in order to ensure the continued growth and prosperity of that same Creation. (Creation is the name used when referring to all that the Creator, Ayar, formed.) It DOES NOT revolve around subjective morals or ideals. As followers of Good, it is that force that drives us, like a conscience, to make sure that the environment of growth within Creation is not sullied by those who wish to harm it. 

Those who serve Good are not a peaceful people. They must expunge all who wish to hinder Creation.

* What is Light? Light is the force that guides the servants of Good. It is the heart of Creation. This force illuminates servants of Good's path, through truth, and gives them the drive and motivation needed, through growth, to act as conduits. The patron and authority of this force is Lady Aurora, the Lightbringer. Her order members are called Aarash Kheyr.

* What is Righteousness? Righteousness is an additional force which guides the servants of Good. It is the arm of Creation. It is the course of actions that the followers of Good take to preserve Creation. This is done through the tenets of Purity and Sacrifice (and the five axioms of Righteousness). It is Purity that is borne through Sacrifice, the Sacrifice of ourselves and the base distractions surrounding us. The patron and authority of this force is Lord Deucalion, the righteous fire. His order members are called Caefir Conlaodh.

Books you can read in game (I've read a lot, but these two are simple in their explanation without getting too SNOOZEFEST): Axiomatic Writings, by Halos Vorondil & Core Sermons of the Aarash Kheyr by Greys Vorondil.

On a more serious note and actual constructive comment: I don't think its unreasonable to see Mhaldor and Targossas as just pure opposites of each other, even if its not true, for two reasons...
    1. Similar methods: raiding, defiling, sermoning, preaching, burn enemies all down with fire. Its easy to think they're just 'opposite' goals doing the same things, even if that's not true.
    2. OOC concepts for Good vs. Evil: because trying to explain to people the IC Good and Evil aren't OOC Good and Evil is one of the most consistent and constant arcs we've had in the game on both Team Red and Team Blue over the years. Its like trying to explain that in Warcraft Horde vs. Alliance isn't Good vs. Evil.
    The above being said, this has been a battle to explain for literally the entire existance of the two factions. But its more true that they're not just opposites under Targossian theology vs. Shallamese. Because Shallam (at least at periods) are closer to OOC!Good than Targossas by far.

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • edited October 2017
    Hataru said:
    Kiet said:
    targ is basically an alternate reality mhaldor
    This is as bad as your arguement last night that Mhaldor isn't anti-chaos.
    literally never said that :D

re: targ/mhaldor, they're as similar as any two (actual) factions in the game can get, but that doesn't mean they're identical or that they're bff's. the influence of mhaldor in targ's creation is p. clear to see
  • Hataru said:
    ...IC Good and Evil aren't OOC good and evil...

As someone who consciously tries to embed levels of diagnostic/prognostic uncertainty and approximate precision in my interactions, this gives me the absolute shits.

Could've just chosen different words gfdi.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Shayde said:
    Klendathu said:
    Shayde said:

* What is Good?
    * What is Light?
    * What is Righteousness? 
    You missed the most important question... what is love? (Don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more)
    I can imagine Targossian children being taken to where Shallam sank and being told, "See, this is what happens when you Love."
    Converting right now just to do this.
  • Tysandr said:
    Hataru said:
    ...IC Good and Evil aren't OOC good and evil...

As someone who consciously tries to embed levels of diagnostic/prognostic uncertainty and approximate precision in my interactions, this gives me the absolute shits.

Could've just chosen different words gfdi.
    the word choices taken are kind of confusing for people, but ultimately achaea isn't RL, and people shouldn't expect achaea and RL to use concepts the same way. Ultimately what "Good" is in Achaea evolved from what people considered to be righteously good, and "Evil" in Achaea is simply embracing a label.