Q&A Time Again!

124»

Comments

• I think they forgot about this thread, but I had a couple questions about depthswalkers that have been bugging me since it was introduced:

1) Why do depthswalkers use strength instead of intelligence? Their attacks are psychic and most of the non-venom afflictions are psychic-seeming curses. It's possible the tsol'teth grew very different from the tsol'aa in terms of capabilities, but tsol'aa favour intelligence over strength, and all interaction with the tsol'teth seems to indicate they do as well (even if they can be dispassionately brutal about it).

2) Why are scythes one-handed instead of two? Maybe to use that and a shield (but that's a balance issue and could be addressed another way), or maybe to use that and daggers (but you never attack with both at once anyway unless you've got an artefact dagger), but I'm still curious.

3) Why the name depthswalker? One of the skills isn't known to be in active use by the tsol'teth anymore, so all the current depthswalkers are actually surface dwellers, and few of them even visit the depths their name refers to, nevermind actually dwelling there.
  • edited October 2017
    On that note why apostate if they're in communion with their religion? They should only be called apostates after anathema. 

Why jester when they clearly don't do the jesting they are the jest?

Why blademaster when it's such a lolnoobclass with no skill required so it's impossible to actually be a master?

Plz explain
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited October 2017
    Sidonia said:
    On that note why apostate if they're in communion with their religion? They should only be called apostates after anathema. 
    I think they are called Apostates for historical reasons since back when they were introduced they were implied to be a corruption of the Priest class, serving Evil instead of Good. Hence, Apostates.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    I think they are called Apostates for historical reasons since back when they were introduced they were implied to be a corruption of the Priest class, serving Evil instead of Good. Hence, Apostates.
    Targossian Imperialist viewpoint, gotcha
  • Leviticus said:
    Have you decided on an artefact for BM's to increase the to-hit of their swords. Like Monks armband? BM gets limited to certain stances due to the tendency to MISS EVERYTHING in the situational stances like Arash.

@Nicola
    @Makarios

If this is going to happen, it makes more sense to add it to the band instead of a new artefact.

That said, I’ve had miss rate decreased several times, I don’t find it that bad anymore except vs artied mounted serpent.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Nicola said:
    Makarios and I consider ourselves to be pretty brave as Co-Producers go (unless you're a spider then you can jog on.) So! Being Friday the 13th, a fittingly traditional night of horror and torture, we're opening up this thread for all your questions!

This thread will be open all weekend, so ask away, and for the next couple of hours you'll be able to find us in person NE of NoNT! So feel free to stop on by, ask questions, or chat to us!

This discussion has been closed.