Oct 2017 Promotion (Talisman Trouble)

Comments

• Promo update, bought 5 marks:

As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with the torso of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!

You have been awarded with the hair of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!

You have been awarded with the head of an Atlantia dummy talisman piece!

You have been awarded with the clothing of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!

You have been awarded with the head of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!

This is not my month...
  • Why do we even still GIVE dummy pieces....

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Tried another 5 marks:

You have been awarded with the clothing of a Champion's Training dummy talisman piece! (1.681s)

You have been awarded with the eye piece of a Sangrean spyglass talisman piece!

You have been awarded with the clothing of a Champion's Training dummy talisman piece!

You have been awarded with the chain of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!

You have been awarded with the legs of an Atlantia dummy talisman piece!

See those dummies stealing my money?
  • I purchased a last small batch of historical and was able to get the disc piece I needed. Hella glad I did since they removed the set. 
  • Trey said:
    Man if you're still buying caches this month, the only dummy stealing your money is you.
    Qft.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Tysandr said:
    Trey said:
    Man if you're still buying caches this month, the only dummy stealing your money is you.
    Qft.
    I've actually done pretty well out of Monks pieces so far, though it took a bit of work buying extra pieces to complete sets. If I didn't have other things I want to buy this month I'd probably buy another lot of 30.
  • Num name Level Keyword

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tophatpieces

2 a tophat's lining 1 tophatlining

1 some thread 1 tophatthread

hourglasspieces

2 an hourglass's top 1 hourglasstop

3 hourglass sand 1 hourglasssand

8 an hourglass bulb 1 hourglassbulb

tempestbroochpieces

2 a brooch's clasp 1 broochclasp

2 metal for a brooch 1 broochmetal

1 a brooch's hook 1 broochhook

elementspritepieces

1 an elemental sprite's legs 1 spritelegs

lesservaultpieces

1 a vault's inlaid gems 1 vaultgems

flyingringpieces

1 a Ring of Flying's inside 1 ringinside

celeritypieces

1 the outside of an Armband of Celerity 1 armbandoutside

2 the top of an Armband of Celerity 1 armbandtop

buckawnspieces

1 a Buckawn Amulet's thread 1 amuletthread

adaptgrimoirepieces

1 the lock for a Grimoire of Adaptation 1 grimoirelock

atavianwingspieces

1 Atavian feathers 1 wingsfeathers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone with more time want to tell me how many more credits I'd have if I had just bought straight? 30 conclave caches.

• I don’t remember if I said this yet that while my cash investment didn’t get me any closer to robes I did end up with 1107 credits without really hustling the sale of pieces. So not a bad investment overall just frustrating that the pieces I do need aren’t showing up. 
  • edited October 2017
    @Trey I have no idea what the sprite is valued at, and I don't recall the price on the vault, but here's what I can do (assuming I'm remembering my artefact prices correctly) if you just redeemed that lot:

18 for the top hat pieces, 156 for hourglass pieces, 90 for brooch pieces, 50 for ring of flying piece, 186 for celerity pieces, 100 for buckawn's piece, 125 for grimoire piece, 250 for wings piece makes 975. Add on whatever redeem value is for the sprite and vault pieces you have and you probably end up a bit below 1050 credits.

Spending $320 on straight credits would get you ~1065 credits (I used the 30 cents per number from the 1000 credit package, so 320/0.3), or ~1170 if you have Iron Elite.

Obvious candidates for increasing your return would be trying to obtain more hourglass (valued at 100, so trades in for 66) and top hat (valued at 150 [I think], so trades in for 100) pieces; even if you buy at a bit above redeem value you should still end up ahead once you complete them and trade in.
  • Better than I thought then. Wish people were selling the wings pieces! I've heard a couple of each piece dropped, but if that's true the people who have them are being pretty hush about it. I doubt anyone's trying for seafaring pieces or I might've tried for islandwings as an alternate.

• Including you, the 4 people I know that got atavian pieces all got feathers.

• On that note, buying atavian pieces and islandwing pieces. Hook a brother up!

• Cooper said:
    Including you, the 4 people I know that got atavian pieces all got feathers.
    and robes trim and fabric.

Prove @Makarios right and sell me needle and thread.
  • 60 talisman caches  and 31 of them were dummy pieces?!!?!

Save your money.

You have been awarded with the lens of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the arms of an Atlania dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the disc of a Champion's medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the left side of a Warhorn of Heroes talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the iris of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the trap of a Sangrean spyglass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the body of an Atlantia dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the embroidery of a cloak of the Blood Maiden talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with some thread from an Ivory pennon talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the armour of a Champion's Training dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the accent of a Champion's medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the accent of an ivory armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eye piece of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the accent of a Champion's medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a piece of robe for a notched bone talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the clothing of a Champion's Training dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the grip of an Anima's Thirst talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the torso of a Champion's Training dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the trap of a Sangrean spyglass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the bottom fragment of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the lining of a cloak of the Blood Maiden talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the grip of an Anima's Thirst talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the iris of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the outer shell of a silver armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the top part of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the lens of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a piece of silk from an Ivory pennon talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the case of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a piece of silk from an Ivory pennon talisman piece!

• And both of your "good" pieces out of there were the same one, and the maiden piece is the same piece everyone else has too. rip.

• People, stop spending money on this month's promotion. We have all said it is trash. If you stop spending money, they will either mid-month change it or never have the sale again. But at this rate, they will see it as a profit and run it again because people like me spent 1,500 dollars this month and ended up with around 4.5 credits and a mayan figurine.
  • Leviticus said:
    People, stop spending money on this month's promotion. We have all said it is trash. If you stop spending money, they will either mid-month change it or never have the sale again. But at this rate, they will see it as a profit and run it again because people like me spent 1,500 dollars this month and ended up with around 4.5 credits and a mayan figurine.
    It was trash in the beginning...  I was waiting for marks because there's only one thing I want there.  Figured I'd at least get ONE piece of it.  Nope.  So no more caches for me

• Makarios said:

For those interested, there are several full sets of completeable conclave wings floating around piece wise (going by active players).

what about robes needle and thread pieces? 
  • Ok, deleted the last few posts as I don't want to potentially confuse people who might read them out of context. Thank you all for pointing out the error!
  • Morthif said:
    Makarios said:

For those interested, there are several full sets of completeable conclave wings floating around piece wise (going by active players).

Robes needle is the second most common piece (common in this context means number in circulation, all pieces have the same chance of dropping from caches). Thread is tied for third place, there are a few around.
  • Makarios said:
    Morthif said:
    Makarios said:

Robes needle is the second most common piece (common in this context means number in circulation, all pieces have the same chance of dropping from caches). Thread is tied for third place, there are a few around.
    So people just hate me? ;(
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    It took you until a Conclave promo to figure this out?
  • rude...
  • A+ troll

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited October 2017
    I have a message that I was awarded a Ring of Flying bottom talisman piece? What’s up with that?

Edit: Nevermind. Not at home and read the Announce. Thanks so much!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."