The biggest release in Achaea's history will be happening

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Estach removes his girdle, his magnificent corpulence is freed and rolls across the whole of Sapience, flattening cities and mountains, filling the seas. All that remains is Estachia, a blubbery, fleshy morass, where the only life remaining is bacteria feeding off the discarded remains of thousands of meals.

It was that or Azatlan, and we've already been told it's not Azatlan (but maybe Mak's messin' with us and it is really)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Leaking every issue filed with character names attached.
  • There will be lots and lots of death.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited October 2017
    Sena said:
    Makarios, the Meticulous says, "Safe to say it is not something that will be guessable."
    Starmourn is being released earlier than previously stated and will be revealed to take place in the same universe as Achaea (another plane or just in a distant galaxy), with the two games being connected and Achaean characters being able to interact with and visit Starmourn on a limited basis (though not so limited that the two games won't have a huge influence on each other). This will of course come with a lot of new content, such as new classes, new locations, some form of space travel, etc.
    Or maybe it's still set to be released in 2018, but the Achaea side of things will happen this year and later lead into the release of Starmourn.
    My immediate guesses after I heard about this involved something leading up to Starmourn too, mostly circling around Achaeans achieving some form of spaceflight or some existing race (*cough* space cats *cough*) like the rajamalan arriving to signal that our civilization had advanced enough to suggest spaceflight may be possible. 

This would be entirely different than the portals that have thus far been opened between realms and planets like Krenindala or the arrival of the race of lesser dragons (such as Yudhishthira and Geh'shya) that fell to earth amid the cometoid shards/surviving core of Ethian, serving to remind us that our "Creation" is but one world amidst the vastness of the Multiverse and its many planes (and planets).

And why not get everyone excited about Starmourn in a giant teaser for its release in 2018 while opening up the possibility for some similar type of space travel to different planets within the range of our capabilities? 

Conjecture is fun!
  • Krypton said:
    My guess is, we're getting an expansive, first-of-its-kind, top-of-the-line, immersive MUDSEX system.
    RPWHO ON
  • open PK area please...
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Daeir said:
    Maybe they will fuse Starmourn's space travel with Achaea. They'll introduce a brand new race called the Iraenad, and they'll crash land one of their ships somewhere on Sapience, called the Rxodae. They'll tell us that they were chased across the Prime by an ancient threat that enslaved and nearly wiped out their culture thousands of years ago, known only as the Many, headed by a terrifying creature/god called Sargera-- wait, no, that sounds silly.. how about.. Nil'jaedak.

In helping them get a foothold on Sapience, they teach us how to make their ships in exchange, and a new age of Achaean travel is afforded. Except that building the vessels has alerted the terrible Many and brought them slavering to Sapience, where they get into ridiculous yelling matches with pretty much everybody and sometimes invade areas, only to be beaten off by hordes of slavering dragons seeking textp and gold.

They'd title all this as a mini-expansion to Achaea under the name of the Crusade of the Many, and it'd take us to a brand new continent to the west of Sapience known only as the mysterious "Out". The first place we'd see would be a shattered ruin of a place known only as the Hellish Peninsula, filled with all sorts of terrible daemons and corrupted orc ancestors.
    I'm in!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Dochitha said:
    open PK area please...
    Oy. Don't we have enough of those? (I do love seeing you kill everybody in sight, however!)

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Prythe said:
    Dochitha said:
    open PK area please...
    Oy. Don't we have enough of those? (I do love seeing you kill everybody in sight, however!)
    No? 

There is one pk bashing area. 

• Cooper said:
    Prythe said:
    Dochitha said:
    open PK area please...
    No? 

There is one pk bashing area. 
    And the UW to come back 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited October 2017
    Why do we need spaceships when we can just open portals? (Ala krenindala)

Nvm, I just realized that we have ships themselves, which doesn't really follow that logic.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I think Bopalopia is technically open PK, as an off-plane are!
     <3 
  • Shirszae said:
    Bopalopia  is not open PK. All open PK areas have a very clear warning when you enter them for a reason. Also, it'd not make sense since Bopalopia is in many ways geared towards novices and low-level characters.
    Aye, Underworld/Underrealm, Annwyn and Nishnatoba are the only "Treacherous Planes."
  • It would be cool to see a city or two establish itself on Meropis. That would be big, but...maybe not big enough for this particular REALLY BIG thing. Or maybe that would be. It would certainly make trips to Meropis more interesting than they are now. 
  • edited October 2017
    While we are dreaming of things we would like to see ... Tsol'teth x Tsol'dasi interaction plotline where the 'teth begin introducing 'dasi blood into their experiments in an attempt to stabilise the line (assuming they would think the 'dasi blood would be more close to theirs and more pure that tsol'aa).
  • Triple A breed. Tsol'aaa. 
  • edited October 2017
    Skye said:
    Inb4 my nipples are automatically upgraded to coin-sized in preparation for this complex mudsex system.
    Why am I not shocked that this is the first thing I see upon signing in to these forums for the first time in years? 
  • Plot twist, Sartan is actually a really nice guy who loves flowers.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Sky. city.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Makarios is finally lifting the ban on clockwork things.

• edited October 2017
    Mathilda said:
    It's gonna be one new room called Up of North of New Thera.

Old Skool Trivia: There is a room up from North of New Thera and, to my shame, I've forgotten what it was called.  It had a nice cosy, English village type name (Jennings? Chambly? Bleh).  @Skye @Krypton @Cooper @Otherolddudes- help prz.  It was Clementius' hang-out room and, if you were very lucky, you got to go there sometimes or he'd hold a Q&A there.

Also so vicariously excited for the new release.  I love it when the admin do big stuff.  Rampant speculation: it must be an area.  Just the way they're using "big" means it must be, because it's quantifiable.  It's too hard to predict bigness otherwise.  Is "Killing off half the Pantheon" > New race/class > destruction of a city > Black Wave II?  I dunno.  And it's bigger THAN Meropis, which means it isn't an expansion of Meropis.  And it's unguessable so it's probably not an area that's had much of (if any) mention in the Mythos or elsewhere.  But its huge.  Sooooo, I reckon the Starmourn guesses are pretty good, or some other Vertani style invasion (from space/another plane whatever).  Or the whole of the tsol'teth world gets opened up and it doubles the size of things.  Or aetherspace with ships.  These are my guesses.  And I'm setting a reminder on my phone so that I can gloat if I'm right, or quietly delete if I'm wrong.

• That's what I said! It was too heuristically convenient when they said 'big'.

Must be area.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."