What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• @Zulah

6398h, 4376m, 26920e, 22321w cexkdb-open cache random
    As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with blue Dragon scales talisman piece!

You're.. not supposed to get talisman pieces you can get in game (like blue dragon scales)
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    That's a piece of the pack talisman, not actual blue dragon scales.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby

Why.

• Stumbled home from the bar and wound up in a successful raid. Was a lot of fun.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Xaden said:
    I woke up (a little late), logged in while the kettle was boiling, saw we were being raided and proceeded to really enjoy the different ways we tried to oust you. 

Tesha always makes for a fun defence leader (if not always a successful one).
    Awesome raid, shame Frederich tried to ruin it. 
  • Xaden said:
    I woke up (a little late), logged in while the kettle was boiling, saw we were being raided and proceeded to really enjoy the different ways we tried to oust you. 

• edited October 2017
    Let him help you trim your beard they said.
    It will be a great bonding experience they said.
    What's the worse that could happen they said.

RIP my man beard. I am now baby face  :'(
  • Kayle said:

Never trust another human being with your man beard
  • Thalak said:No
    Kayle said:

Never trust another human being with your man beard
    Yeah my son is never helping me again
  • So level 233 is divinity status? Interesting
  • Austere said:
    Xaden said:

Shame I started moving guards because I was tired and didn't want to deal with you guys raiding after farrah QQ'd, like you guys have been doing for the past 2+ months.
  • Frederich said:
    Austere said:
    Xaden said:

Shame I started moving guards because I was tired and didn't want to deal with you guys raiding after farrah QQ'd, like you guys have been doing for the past 2+ months.
    Do you have no self awareness whatsoever?
  • Anze said:
    Frederich said:
    Austere said:
    Xaden said:

Do you have no self awareness whatsoever?
    Pretty sure that's all he has.

Frederich said:
    Austere said:
    Xaden said:

Guilty. I try not to login until she qqs. It definitely has nothing to do with real life responsibilities.  Nope, I'm just dodging Farrah. 

Unlike you, I'm willing to accept a fair fight loss and do so frequently. I don't tag in fifty more people when sanction pops or auto move guards the second I realise there's a chance my team should lose.  Maybe next time you dont want to deal with it, just don't deal with it. Your team was having fun.  Tesha was lead.  What did you really bring to the table outside off a bad attitude and a little tears? When half the Targys I talked to called bullshit on guard move, the problem isn't us.  It's you.

We've had a gentlemen's agreement among the leaders in Achaea for a long time involving guards.  Ashtan will straight unaided Security aides over things like this. Targ needs to get it's shit together on this one. 

• edited October 2017
    Austere said:
    Frederich said:
    Austere said:
    Xaden said:

Guilty. I try not to login until she qqs. It definitely has nothing to do with real life responsibilities.  Nope, I'm just dodging Farrah. 

Well, at least you're honest.

( <3 )
  • edited October 2017
    Austere said:
    What did you really bring to the table outside off a bad attitude and a little tears?
    Don't worry, at least you can take solace in the fact that he talks down to, bullshits and rages at his own side just as much as he rages at everyone else. He's an all round great guy.
  • I meant to post this earlier but had to run off super fast - @Penwize I hate you, but you put up a damn good fight against our raid attempt earlier.

I still hate Serpent. Please delete evade already.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Solnir said:
    I meant to post this earlier but had to run off super fast - @Penwize I hate you, but you put up a damn good fight against our raid attempt earlier.

I still hate Serpent. Please delete evade already.
    Who was it that kept on dying? Hmm? No love for the victims :'(

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Okay, color me stupid (because I am about some things) but is not the purpose of Guards to be used? To help in the defense of a City?

If we are "immersed" then we have to treat their usage as we would any other citizen, no?

How is calling in guards different from issuing a call for help over Skype or Discord?

Sincere questions. I know I have no clue.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

Farrah said:
    Aegoth said:
    Austere said:
    Frederich said:
    Austere said:
    Xaden said:

Unlike you, I'm willing to accept a fair fight loss and do so frequently. I don't tag in fifty more people when sanction pops or auto move guards the second I realise there's a chance my team should lose.  Maybe next time you dont want to deal with it, just don't deal with it. Your team was having fun.  Tesha was lead.  What did you really bring to the table outside off a bad attitude and a little tears? When half the Targys I talked to called bullshit on guard move, the problem isn't us.  It's you.

We've had a gentlemen's agreement among the leaders in Achaea for a long time involving guards.  Ashtan will straight unaided Security aides over things like this. Targ needs to get it's shit together on this one. 

Fred's ALWAYS like this. He complains and rages when he has even a chance of losing, and tries to tip the scales by doing lame shit such as guarding whenever he can. Meanwhile he will boast and chortle endlessly about how amazing a fight was when he wins it with 3:1 odds in his favor. Frederich is probably more toxic than Florentino was, and that's saying a lot

There are a lot of Mhaldorians who do all of that to us lately. Guards are an expectation now in our offensive raids, not a surprise. I'm not sure anyone should be pointing fingers. 

Remarks like these only encourage people to be OOC enemies and guard more just to piss people off, though. I mean, Mhaldorians have told us straight up that they don't like us and will worldburn/guard at every opportunity because of that. And they do.
    What I dont get, is how this results in Ashtan getting worldburn/guarded at every opportunity.  I understand both in an uneven fight, but when we get rushed 3x by forces equal to our own and pull wins completely out of our asses(legit no clue how we didnt die), it really leaves a lot to be desired.  It took us 14 minutes from tank drop to detonate. 0 radiances, 1 mind strip summon of a combatant already engaging. The defense was there.

We do not worldburn.  We do not move guards.  We have access to both consistently.  This isn't a "they did it so we are going to" argument from my perspective and never has been.
  • a) You don't get worldburned / guarded at every opportunity.

b) You constantly choose to engage a city with more numbers than you (with the exception of this morning, funnily enough): You don't get to choose who/how many  defends when you initiate conflict.

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited October 2017
    He wasn't complaining how many came, though? He was complaining about worldburning/guarding on top of it, when the fight is completely even (or in your favour).
    edited October 2017
    Xaden said:
    a) You don't get worldburned / guarded at every opportunity.

b) You constantly choose to engage a city with more numbers than you (with the exception of this morning, funnily enough): You don't get to choose who/how many  defends when you initiate conflict.

I'm not sure what your definition of this morning is, but I'm looking at 10 defenders, 9 raiders. 

We've been guarded 2/3 times we tried to tank Targossas in the past month.  We've been burned twice this week.

We've guarded Targossas 0/x times.  We've burned Targossas 0/x times. 

(I'm not logged in always.  Numbers may vary).

This morning(for my timezone):
    Enemies: Ada, Solnir, Xaden, Issam, Tho, Vender, Achilles, Micaelis.
    Defenders: Klendathu (incompetently!), Penwize (like a one-man army).

I don't see guard movement on logs.

edit:  @Alyxeri has it on point.  I don't care how many people defend.  It's your city.  Bring every Targossian you got.  I do care about people stacking the odds beyond the already seemingly insurmountable wall in place.  Ashtan hasn't detonated a tank since Jhui left, iirc.  The last time we got close(Hashan raid), Targossas decided to intervene and deactivate(an Ashtani tank in Hashan).  Fighting 2 factions, both with numbers capable of taking us on was essentially impossible. Even Hashan wtf'd it.  I don't remember Ashtan ever deactivating a Targossian tank in any other city either. 
  • edited October 2017
    Austere said:
    Farrah said:
    Aegoth said:
    Austere said:
    Frederich said:
    Austere said:
    Xaden said:

Fred's ALWAYS like this. He complains and rages when he has even a chance of losing, and tries to tip the scales by doing lame shit such as guarding whenever he can. Meanwhile he will boast and chortle endlessly about how amazing a fight was when he wins it with 3:1 odds in his favor. Frederich is probably more toxic than Florentino was, and that's saying a lot

There are a lot of Mhaldorians who do all of that to us lately. Guards are an expectation now in our offensive raids, not a surprise. I'm not sure anyone should be pointing fingers. 

Remarks like these only encourage people to be OOC enemies and guard more just to piss people off, though. I mean, Mhaldorians have told us straight up that they don't like us and will worldburn/guard at every opportunity because of that. And they do.
    What I dont get, is how this results in Ashtan getting worldburn/guarded at every opportunity.  I understand both in an uneven fight, but when we get rushed 3x by forces equal to our own and pull wins completely out of our asses(legit no clue how we didnt die), it really leaves a lot to be desired.  It took us 14 minutes from tank drop to detonate. 0 radiances, 1 mind strip summon of a combatant already engaging. The defense was there.

We do not worldburn.  We do not move guards.  We have access to both consistently.  This isn't a "they did it so we are going to" argument from my perspective and never has been.

Sure, but I was responding to Aegoth, who has been involved in much of the aforementioned with Mhaldor (we get worldburned about 3 times per defiling trip, no joke). I wasn't there for the Ashtan raid. Sounds like maybe there was a miscommunication between Fred and the rest of the Targ party.

Also, not everyone is on the same page regarding guards, in general. I get that you're not really guarding us, but we also barely raid Ashtan. So if we're always being guarded everywhere we go raid, it's somewhat natural for someone to think that's how things go down.
  • edited October 2017
    Well, let's roll it back since you think the teams were 'even'.

Anze, Austere, Durzaan, Hirst, Jadys, Majin, Morthif, Seragorn, Zulah

vs

Avianca, Mezghar, Tesha, Xaden (late), Antidas (late), Nazihk (late), Frederich, Vender (also late)

You were also 2 occultists, 2 monks, 2 dragons.

So the second anyone entered your room, they got warp + hound x2 , kai choke x 2, and dragonroar x 2... which pretty much instantly killed anyone that stepped in there.

Not to mention you also had truenames from our corpses from the previous rushes.. so you could instantly chunk + aeon anyone that you targeted.

"even numbers" maybe.  However in terms of people working together, and generally insta-gibbing?  You guys had us beat out every single time.

Edit: I don't have the actual list of folks, but those are the ones I recall off the top of my head + my allies list

Edit 2: Hirst has called guards on us pretty much every chance he can.  (Even called them on POOR DEFENSELESS FARRAH instead of just fucking killing her)

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2017
    You know there's like... I think we might have two people who can worldburn now? Maybe?

Guards are also always a "only if exceptionally necessary" measure, we definitely prefer to fight on our own feet. But its rare to not be outnumbered/outgunned for the last long while, which is why we do use them as we need. (Kudos to Austere and crew who fight on without guards despite that. Definitely a choice here!)

Don't get me wrong, we have a few people who go overboard and should be told/made to chill out - and if they lash out badly, please do approach us, we want to know and make sure it doesn't continue - but the fact you're defending Frederich over his consistently questionable (IC and OOC) behavior is... concerning.

Edit: Whoops, ignore this little bit that was here before, I thought we were in another thread! Carry on.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby