Not a rant or a rave

My brother was deployed to Afghanistan today. Doesn't feel real yet, but it'll set it. So thankful for people like him that make what I have possible.

Thank you to all military and military families.

Comments

• Well, I took a nap and didn't see any of the things posted, so I think we're good.

I want this thread to be something like life updates that may touch on emotions that you can't quite identify or things you really just want to say just to have said.

• edited October 2017
    He's flies Blackhawks @Kogan
  • Peak said:
    He's flies Blackhawks @Kogan
    Oooo so he's a Warrant Officer?
  • My old man flew Blackhawks and OH-58Ds before he got out. If all is well when your brother gets out, tell him there's stupidly good money for pilots with Department of State contracts. My dad was making something like $700 a day in Kirkuk, and nobody caught a bullet in the three years he was doing it.

• KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US
    edited October 2017
    Hope your brother stays safe @Peak. Takes balls to choose a path in life that can put you in those situations. My Grandfather used to be a pilot as well, but he didn't fly helicopters. 
  • Much love for the Blackhawks.  Had two juuuust touch down in Hit about a minute before I got blown up 5 minutes from that base.  They popped back up and got me back to Al Asad lickety split.  Otherwise I would have been bleeding for about 30-60 minutes more w burns to boot.  

• The Army guys in their Blackhawks are badasses. They're the only casevac we had that would come no matter what and they fly those things like they stole em. Hope your brother stays safe and comes back. Like someone else said, letters, messages, and letting him know he's not forgotten is a big help.

• Hey @Peak. Haven't seen you around in a while, but this thread and your family crossed my mind earlier so I thought I'd post to see if you could give us some kind of update. Hope everything is going well and you've been able to stay in touch. At least as much as can be expected. Still keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.
  • @Kogan thanks for asking. I've been here and there, mostly working and contemplating dropping out of school (not actually, but this finals bs is terrible)

As for my brother, terrorists, apparently, love to knock out internet for soldiers during the holidays, so it's been touch to keep in touch. I have had some communication, though. Funny enough, he's actually flying with a guy that was in his Corps of Cadets company at A&M. We Aggies are everywhere.
  • Heh. Yeah a lot of Texas A&M officers floating around out there. Sucks someone knocked out the internet for the holidays. :disappointed: Sounds worthy of a dirt nap to me. 
  • A good friend of mine told me she just discovered she has stomach cancer. They caught it early, but she's still scared. She's asked me to be the person that keeps her grounded and reminds her she's a person. Then she told me she loves me.

Lotta feelings right now.