The Big Ship Thread

1235»

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Tysandr said:
    Boredom struck while studying:

I've considered building something like that myself, but always get tangled up in knots, probably over-thinking it. From the screengrab, would I be correct in thinking you've basically just entered all of the paths, and you then read from a single table containing those paths, or have you got something super-clever that will build a path dynamically?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I do but it's easier to use hardcoded paths. The dynamic path builder I've written still has bugs in it because of my faulty logic. More importantly, as the starting data is static (the trades never change), a dynamic path builder has less to little value.

Added a cargo optimiser.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• I have most of a dynamic pathfinder built, but I stopped when I realized that it really wasn't necessary.

The optimal path for a trade is pretty easy to determine just by looking at the chart, and you're almost never going to want to deviate from it. The alternatives either involve too much fucking sailing(Suliel, Karbaz, etc), or too many 3:2 trades that gut your profitability. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I generally throw together a quick Excel spreadsheet, lots of rounddowns, takes about 2 minutes, that's why I've little incentive to actually code anything too clever

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Holy shit everything :(
     <3 
  • Klendathu said:
    I generally throw together a quick Excel spreadsheet, lots of rounddowns, takes about 2 minutes, that's why I've little incentive to actually code anything too clever
    Exactly.

(but I also hate alt-tabbing)

• edited October 2017
    Tysandr said:

The fact the 'End of Report' line doesn't line up with the other -====- lines really triggers me. Why do you always do this with your scripts. :( Your belief tracker in Imperian did this too (at least in the version I had). Whyyyyy
  • To mess with you, of course, @Alyxeri.

• I saw that after I posted the image - it's fixed on my client now.. sorry. :)

• I think I paid Proficy 5cr for his. Never steered me wrong.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Nazihk said:
    too many 3:2 trades that gut your profitability. 
    All routes ending on the same cargo have the exact same starting cargo price. (E.g., 5 spices costs 48,000 at start, no matter which route you take.)

Only difference in the profitability of different routes is from different harbour fees.
  • Sapience, when the x's are y's..

No, it's not distorted.

• edited January 2018
    A couple of ideas that I've had pending in the IDEAS queue for a while now, posting them here to see what others think.

1. A filter of sorts for FLEETSENSE, to let you control what ships show up. For example:
    FLEETSENSE - shows the full listing.
    FLEETSENSE <org> - shows the listing for that particular org.
    FLEETSENSE OWNED - Shows you all ships that you own.
    FLEETSENSE SHIP <text> - Shows you any ship whose name matches <text>.

2. A 'brief' or 'cryptic' option for Shipwarning, to make it read a bit better on the screen. Something similar to the following:
    = (Shipname) - (Flag) - (Direction) - (Range)

3. Allow the raising and lowering of flags to be visible from other vessels. This would allow 'salutes' of a sort to other vessels.

4. Change FLEETSENSE to show sunken ships, and have them marked as such. OR - add it as an option for #1 above (FLEETSENSE SUNK).

Edit: rawr, necro.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    #1 is a currently approved classlead.

#2 is an easy line replacement script.

#4 I thought this was already the case, hmm.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Krypton said:
    #1 is a currently approved classlead.

#2 is an easy line replacement script.

#4 I thought this was already the case, hmm.
    Sunk ships don't appear on FLEETSENSE but they do on SHIP LIST.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• #1 - Did not realize about the classlead. That's good to hear.

#2 - Yes, and I've been experimenting with it, just hoping to maybe see something a bit more refined than what I have.

#4 - How in the name of all that's holy did I not know SHIP LIST was a thing???!