Classleads

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Armali said:
    @Austere
    Why aren't you guys complaining when I used Mayology on you guys :(
    Mayology pisses me off like nobodies business.  I didn't have any reasonable solutions to fix it though outside of nerf stick, so I was watching all the other cryers and hoping Mak had something up his sleeve that doesn't allow a single person to tear through raid groups. It really is ridiculous right now though, so I've chosen not to bother fighting it with the kinda odds we normally bring. 
  • Can't you just target and kill the person who has Mayalogy up..? Pretty sure you just need 2-3 people sync'd to shut down someone.

Mayalogy in duels as a self-deny tool when prepped is still pretty retarded

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Armali said:
    @Austere

I didn't know dragon form had mayology.
  • RomRom
    edited October 2017
    Lyrin said:
    Armali said:
    @Austere

I didn't know dragon form had mayology.
    You could imbibe mayology and dragonform before it wore off, before I bugged it persisting. Made me wish I had Elder for a few days. :s
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • ????

They didn't fix that. They just turned it into an artefact for a promotion. It's called a golden phial, no class restriction!

(obv I'm joking about not fixing it persisting in dform, but it was given back through a gate!)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Kiet said:
    Farrah said:
    Who even defended Mayology in its current form? Rom and I were discussing nerfs the day I started using it. That doesn't mean the nerfs suggested by some aren't overboard.

Gem rezzes have been a thing I have dealt with from the other side for ages. It's somewhat insulting that you accuse me of bias over that. Find posts of me whining this incessantly when I was fighting against it. You won't. I just deal with it, and now I use it. It isn't biased for me to expect others to deal with it too.

To be clear, it's fine to have a different opinion. But some people seem to not think it's a problem when it's their side using it and only get extremely loud when the other side starts. That's bias, and a double standard.
    I think you're generally one of the less biased people about your own abilities, tbh (other than the rezzes).

You also didn't have to fight it that incessantly, given Rom has the activity of a turtle with chronic hibernation patterns! Obviously I'm not gonna be loud when Rom's the only one that used it because a) who's even noticing and b) I'm not trying to give people ideas. That doesn't mean I wouldn't try to nerf it, just like it doesn't mean I find the new vitality artifact remotely reasonable.

A lot of this issue is, though, as everyone ever predicted, the result of the increasing power creep of talismans/promo items.

I'm also of the opinion that if alchemist is bad without mayo, that means alchemist needs a rework, not that mayo needs to stay.
    People tend to forget about how much money people have paid to have an advantage. The vitality artefact might not be reasonable but it came at a HIGH price (Bashing or Money)
  • Leviticus said:
    Kiet said:
    Farrah said:
    Who even defended Mayology in its current form? Rom and I were discussing nerfs the day I started using it. That doesn't mean the nerfs suggested by some aren't overboard.

Gem rezzes have been a thing I have dealt with from the other side for ages. It's somewhat insulting that you accuse me of bias over that. Find posts of me whining this incessantly when I was fighting against it. You won't. I just deal with it, and now I use it. It isn't biased for me to expect others to deal with it too.

To be clear, it's fine to have a different opinion. But some people seem to not think it's a problem when it's their side using it and only get extremely loud when the other side starts. That's bias, and a double standard.
    I think you're generally one of the less biased people about your own abilities, tbh (other than the rezzes).

You also didn't have to fight it that incessantly, given Rom has the activity of a turtle with chronic hibernation patterns! Obviously I'm not gonna be loud when Rom's the only one that used it because a) who's even noticing and b) I'm not trying to give people ideas. That doesn't mean I wouldn't try to nerf it, just like it doesn't mean I find the new vitality artifact remotely reasonable.

A lot of this issue is, though, as everyone ever predicted, the result of the increasing power creep of talismans/promo items.

I'm also of the opinion that if alchemist is bad without mayo, that means alchemist needs a rework, not that mayo needs to stay.
    People tend to forget about how much money people have paid to have an advantage. The vitality artefact might not be reasonable but it came at a HIGH price (Bashing or Money)
    No one forgot, I personally believed were starting to get into power creep levels that make the game unappealing for anyone who isn’t already kitted out.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Starting?

It's been like that for a while now

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sure, in many respects. Though, talismans have made that gap much wider, imo.

• Atalkez said:
    Sure, in many respects. Though, talismans have made that gap much wider, imo.
    Very, very much agreed on that 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Or make all purchasable talismans obtainable through IG means like dragon
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Torinn said:
    Or make all purchasable talismans obtainable through IG means like dragon
    Via mementos from resolutions, perhaps. The current memento-purchasables have little appeal to me. Not sure whether there's many people still taking and completing new resolutions any more.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Torinn said:
    Via mementos from resolutions, perhaps. The current memento-purchasables have little appeal to me. Not sure whether there's many people still taking and completing new resolutions any more.
    100 Kills / 100 deaths every month. Never the bashing ones though. 10 mementoes to do Prin 150 times? No thanks.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Klendathu said:
    Torinn said:
    Mementos or like.. Delosian Eagles. or both

• Xaden said:
    Klendathu said:
    Torinn said:
    100 Kills / 100 deaths every month. Never the bashing ones though. 10 mementoes to do Prin 150 times? No thanks.
    Fuck Prin. @Mathilda knows.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Klendathu said:
    Torinn said:
    This is probably one of the most reasonable and fair ideas for obtaining talismans IG that I've heard in a while.  Talisman caches for mementos.  It's limited, not endlessly farmable, but still obtainable for everyone in game.
  • I doubt the admins would do something like that because it would affect the monetary value of talismans/caches.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I doubt the admins would do something like that because it would affect the monetary value of talismans/caches.
    QFT!
  • So Clumsiness no longer has the 5s thing that stops it from affecting you?

• Correct. Apparently Makarios wasn't happy with how that was working out.
  • I like it.

• We might revisit clumsiness later if we have a better idea, I'd prefer a more middle ground rather than one of the two extremes. I feel the current (no cooldown) extreme is less problematic over all though.
  • Makarios said:
    We might revisit clumsiness later if we have a better idea, I'd prefer a more middle ground rather than one of the two extremes. I feel the current (no cooldown) extreme is less problematic over all though.
    How about stages for clumsy, lets say the first time you are afflicted with clumsy in say 10 second window you are afflicted with horrible clumsy, the next time, moderate, and any other times mild until the 10 second window expires.  Where obviously each one is less and less severe. 
  • Most of the time you don't even get to cure clumsiness because you have to eat bloodroot/magnesium for paralysis, and herb balance only occasionally lines up with your opponent's attacks to allow you to cure two afflictions (how frequently this occurs depends on what class you're fighting). Then add in higher priority afflictions or just the uncertainty of what you'll cure when you have multiple kelp afflictions.
  • @Atalkez - thank you <3!
  • I feel fairly confident that Antonius won't bleed to death with even 1000+ bleed and instead, throw up two middle fingers and rub it in your face.
  • Armali said:
    I feel fairly confident that Antonius won't bleed to death with even 1000+ bleed and instead, throw up two middle fingers and rub it in your face.
    Why would I rub my blood in his face? That's gross.