Limbtracking Code Reward!

Hi guys!

I'm willing to pay someone 150cr to code me an accurate limb counter for magi staffstrikes and handaxe throws. Bonuses are as follows:

- must respect parry/rebounding
- MUDLET code only!
- extra 50cr if you can get it to track enemy rebounding on their own limbs!
- extra 100cr if you can code it to track other hits on target limbs 
- extra 50cr if you can get it to track staffstrike AND handaxe hits combined (like if I want to switch from axethrow to earthstrike/airstrike)

Serious inquiries only! 

Comments

• I messaged you on Discord. I can do that stuff pretty easily, if you want!
  • LOL... like I'm gonna share mine. You didn't even save me a chicken wing!

• Caelan said:
    LOL... like I'm gonna share mine. You didn't even save me a chicken wing!
    istg you will eat those wings
  • @Aegoth I will pay you for it +50cr if you ship it to me after testing!!!
  • edited September 2017
    Either I'm severely underestimating the complexity of this or 350 is way too much for a simple coding project :/

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited September 2017
    It is pretty complex
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    The base script is pretty simple. He's probably offering more than its worth. On the other hand, the first two extras requested are the exact opposite, probably worth a decent bit more than offered. Especially the second. Is actually not feasible, if Im understanding right (tracking someone else hitting their limb too).
    Huh. Neat.
  • Well it would tell you they swing at your right leg and then it hits your rebounding so I don't think it's that hard. But I'm also a potato at code so I dunno 

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited September 2017

It's all feasible as long as you're willing to accept that it likely won't be 100% accurate, as you'd need to make some assumptions about limb damage from other sources (weapon damage, artefact knuckle levels, etc.). That might not actually make a difference in practice depending on the target, though.

The coding part isn't difficult. My limb counter is already built to work with percentages (where 100 is broken and 200 is mangled), so you just need to be able to calculate a percentage of limb damage for each attack as part of the trigger. The difficult part - and what Aegoth is really paying for - is accurate formulas for several different attacks so that they work together nicely.

• Done. Mostly. :)
  • I know Austere tracks multiperson, also tracks multiple hits on the same person's limb from different attacks, including rebounding...
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited September 2017
    Dochitha said:
    I know Austere tracks multiperson, also tracks multiple hits on the same person's limb from different attacks, including rebounding...
    Kinda. I run everything though the same core function and split it off from there into percents like Antonius. If I don't have any data points for a scenario, it just ignores it, but I auto message myself what the attack, weapon, and class is so I know what I'm missing.  I make a lot of guesses for nontarget limbs though because i don't actually track their applies(and don't always have their health). Rebounding,  I just convert my who variable into the attacker. If I track something one way, I track all other combinations of it too. 

Ak.limbhit(who,attacker,weapon,class, augment, augment)

I pull classes and max health as local values. If it helps, I can post more when I'm in front of it. 

• Autobots, roll out!

:trollface:

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited September 2017

Double.  Oops

• Solnir said:
    Autobots, roll out!

:trollface:

Yes.  I automate my limb counting.  Most are easy enough to count in your head, but when you start mixing multiple weapons, it's kinda tough. I also don't use rebounding a lot of the time against classes that self break just because of the room for error there.  It's hard enough counting for two weapons on my end.  
  • Who DOESN'T automate limb counting? FFS, I couldn't even count to three on multiple limbs in dragon.
  • Armali said:
    Who DOESN'T automate limb counting? FFS, I couldn't even count to three on multiple limbs in dragon.
    I always think of this when manually counting limb hits

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I'm trolling, 100%. But it is funny how far the game's come.
  • I need more automation. Open AI beat top DotA player... I need to learn AI....