What are you reading?

Comments

• I'm just sitting here waiting for Winds of Winter, Peace Talks and the next instalment of the Charlie Parker series :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Lisichka said:
    The Ender Saga! Finished the four Ender books, and the four Ender's Shadow books, now reading Ender in Exile. 
    There are five Ender's Shadow books, eventually to be a sixth.

• And none of them are very good.
  • I am re-reading the blood brothers trilogy of the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. I wish someone would make a movie about this series. If you like fantasy-horror definitely check this out if you have not already.
  • Finished Books 1 and 2 of "The Dark Tower" (never read them if you can believe it)
    Started Book 3.  Lost a little interest

Started reading "Into the Land of Bones: Alexander the Great in Afghanistan" and it is enthralling.  Almost done with it.

• Finishing book 3 of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Murder mysteries aren't my thing usually -- big Song of Ice and Fire fan myself -- but this is a surprisingly good series. I'm a fan of good writing. (Which implies I should never ready anything I ever write.) Author died before they were published. Series is technically called the Millennium series or something.
  • Currently two, Fictionwise? I'm re-reading the Old Kingdom fantasy series by Garth Nix. The original 3 books (Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen). Not the Prequel or the new one.

Non-Fiction, for when I'm not in the mood for undead and what not. The Lord of Misrule: Christopher Lee's Autobiography

• (Okay slight update, I finished Sabriel but have now switched to the Malazan Book of the Fallen series)

So, now I am reading Gardens of the Moon. Thank you for the nudging telling me to read it @Shirszae
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Venmara said:
    (Okay slight update, I finished Sabriel but have now switched to the Malazan Book of the Fallen series)

So, now I am reading Gardens of the Moon. Thank you for the nudging telling me to read it @Shirszae
    Hope you like it! I enjoyed it immensely, much like the rest of the series, but it can definitely be hit or miss.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Venmara said:
    (Okay slight update, I finished Sabriel but have now switched to the Malazan Book of the Fallen series)

Hope you like it! I enjoyed it immensely, much like the rest of the series, but it can definitely be hit or miss.
    I'll be sure to let you know how I'm finding it, after enough time to truly sink my teeth into a few chapters ^_^
  • As a note, Gardens of the Moon is easily the worst book in the series. Erikson wrote it maybe a decade before the others in the series and he greatly improved as a writer in that time. Just stick with it and muddle through it if it gets confusing, because Deadhouse Gates is awesome as fuck and totally worth it.

• Reading A Heart of Darkness

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I just started reading R. A. Salvatore's 31 book "The Legend of Drizzt" series for I believe the fifth time.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Khurgen said:
    I just started reading R. A. Salvatore's 31 book "The Legend of Drizzt" series for I believe the fifth time.
    Im aalso re-reading this series (on the fourth), but never knew there were more than 12 or 13 books :open_mouth:

Looks like I know what Ill be reading for the forseeable future.

Planned on reading the Last Mythal series after, but that wont be happening any time soon, now.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I remain to this day a huge fan of the Deathgate Cycle.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• "The Way of Kings", by Brandon Sanderson. Pretty unique setting with the promise of a lot of backstory to be developed over time. First book in his new Stormlight Archives series, and it's pretty interesting. I was intrigued by his writing with the way he managed to wrap up "The Wheel of Time" series after Robert Jordan passed away.
  • I just started rereading The Gentleman Bastard series written by Scott Lynch. One of my all time favorites. Wish there were more books in the series.
  • Zulah said:
    I just started rereading The Gentleman Bastard series written by Scott Lynch. One of my all time favorites. Wish there were more books in the series.
    We're all going to be waiting forever for the next installment.
  • My guilty pleasure is YA novels and I'm currently reading the Shadow & Bone Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. The problem is the books are not large enough so I read them in 3-4 hours and I am left with a void. :(

• Oh god YA novels. My brother brought home the entire Uglies series in paperback that someone threw away with their junk on the sidewalk. I was bored one day and decided to read it all in one sitting. I felt so dirty. I felt even dirtier that I sort of liked it.

@Shayde you should check out the Scorpion Shards trilogy by Neal Shusterman, it was one of my favorites as a kid. It's YA for boys instead of girls though, which means less romance, more super cool action and fighting bad guys and saving the world. The guy is also a baller writer, apparently Orson Scott Card offered to let him write parallel novels to the Ender series but he couldn't do it, so Card later wrote Ender's Shadow etc himself.
  • Caynix said:
    Oh god YA novels. My brother brought home the entire Uglies series in paperback that someone threw away with their junk on the sidewalk. I was bored one day and decided to read it all in one sitting. I felt so dirty. I felt even dirtier that I sort of liked it.

@Shayde you should check out the Scorpion Shards trilogy by Neal Shusterman, it was one of my favorites as a kid. It's YA for boys instead of girls though, which means less romance, more super cool action and fighting bad guys and saving the world. The guy is also a baller writer, apparently Orson Scott Card offered to let him write parallel novels to the Ender series but he couldn't do it, so Card later wrote Ender's Shadow etc himself.
    No lie, I fucking love Neal Shusterman's The Downsiders.

• Caelan said:
    Finished Books 1 and 2 of "The Dark Tower" (never read them if you can believe it)
    Started Book 3.  Lost a little interest
    Book 3 is okay, Book 4 is where it's at. Book 4 can stand alone even without the rest of the series.

"I do not kill with my gun...he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."

<3 Steve King
  • The original book 1 is great, and book 4 is also great.

The others range from "meh" to "shit".
  • Book 3 takes a little effort but is worth it. the other 6.5 books are great.
  • Just finished Stormlight Archive 1 & 2 for the nth time. Finished Edgedancer. Now reading the chapters they've released of Oathbringer before the launch. Can't wait to go meet Sanderson (again) and get a signed book.
  • Hirst said:
    Just finished Stormlight Archive 1 & 2 for the nth time. Finished Edgedancer. Now reading the chapters they've released of Oathbringer before the launch. Can't wait to go meet Sanderson (again) and get a signed book.

I am reading Provenance, a standalone from the same author who wrote the Imperial Radch series. So far its been pretty entertaining. Its quite nice to continue exploring the same universe

• Well now that I am single I have more time to read things I find on the ground.

Image result for abe simpson condom
    So, after starting on it numerous times but failing to get really invested, I am finally reading The Lies of Locke Lamora. Calo and Galdo are awesome  :3

• Re-reading the Barsoom series. Need me some more Dotar Sojat.