Reminisce

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Jarik.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I miss my old Hashan days with the Black Lotus.  Interacting with the house changes as the first Knight in the house made my time in Achaea so worth it. I was the first one with a House falcon and got to be apart of an event with everyone. My falcon was taken from me and it ensued a week long event where my character was trapped in a statue until the house broke me out. I'll never forget that
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Jarik. Shakti. Lemon zeres Silverstorm morlana geimen gelphend mistral yig mordyval malaclypse Orem....i can go on. Occult theft. Good I miss that. I remember robbing mahanaxar once when mhaldor was just getting going and he had the city treasury and all their commodities. Half the city issued me and Sarapis made the open pk for a week law and messaged me telling me to stop being such a dickhead. That was like 16 years ago.

• I miss the old crowd, 'specially some of the the no-longer-active Paladins. See ya, space cowboys.

• Kayle said:
    I miss my old Hashan days with the Black Lotus.  Interacting with the house changes as the first Knight in the house made my time in Achaea so worth it. I was the first one with a House falcon and got to be apart of an event with everyone. My falcon was taken from me and it ensued a week long event where my character was trapped in a statue until the house broke me out. I'll never forget that
    I remember this event, but I don't remember the character's name - pretty sure I was there when we broke you out though. My first toon was in the Black Lotus for ages before he left Hashan for Mhaldor. 

• I started out Maldaathi and that was super classy. There was great city unity and great roleplay. Each fight was a thing of honour and you stuck it out even if you died. None of that PK rule issue stuff mattered. And if someone was picked on a whole group came to defend and revenge. I feel guilds, though often run badly, had more unity and the game was not about investment and results, but about getting lost in your character and really role-playing it out.
  • I miss Tekumza Sindri Metzger Shiro. I miss Aerek Kenway. Underworld. Sea without pirates. Wheel spin purchasable with bound credits. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I miss wheel spin giving 50% xp at Level 80.
  • Sayenna said:
    I miss Tanris.

Damn careless bus drivers. :(
    O_O What happened to Tanris?! BUS? What?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Xith said:
    Sayenna said:
    I miss Tanris.

I'm trying to decide if you're being serious or not. So far pretty uncertain :|

• Xith said:
    Sayenna said:
    I miss Tanris.

We all told Tanris he should've drive a bus, but he seemed pretty adamant. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Antidas said:
    Kayle said:
    I miss my old Hashan days with the Black Lotus.  Interacting with the house changes as the first Knight in the house made my time in Achaea so worth it. I was the first one with a House falcon and got to be apart of an event with everyone. My falcon was taken from me and it ensued a week long event where my character was trapped in a statue until the house broke me out. I'll never forget that
    I remember this event, but I don't remember the character's name - pretty sure I was there when we broke you out though. My first toon was in the Black Lotus for ages before he left Hashan for Mhaldor. 
    Demfrax
  • Antidas said:
    Xith said:
    Sayenna said:
    I miss Tanris.

I'm trying to decide if you're being serious or not. So far pretty uncertain :|
    I haven't been active since 2014. I'm seriously asking. Sayenna's post sounded pretty ominous...
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I miss the old houses mostly, as they had more of an identity. Everything now seems to be a little bit too diluted.

I wish the houses that where around today, would put time into creating a lore and or items that could bring them together a little bit more. From what I understand there are some places that are doing well, while others that are lacking.

Maybe its why I collect all the older items I can get my hands on, as they represent the times I loved the most. I think my favorite houses/guilds to be involved in where the Ashura, Maldaathi, and Naga.
  • I also really miss the Underworld, why did they have to take that away from us again?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cuz theyre making it better.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I miss Clem and Mithraea (Hers was my first Order ever). I miss Shallam. I miss when it was acceptable and widespread to have differing views on your faction's worldview/outlook/theology. I definitely miss having more Divine around in general. Occasionally I get nostalgic for old IC relationships and friendships. I miss the Druids and the Sylvans.

That said, I'm probably happier now as a player than I've ever been because I fit better in the faction I'm in and it took me until now to get there, so I wouldn't necessarily trade it for the old days. But I do get nostalgic sometimes.
  • I miss Mhaldor's assorted testicles on a skewer. Those were my favourite. :(
  • Divine interaction is what stuck in my mind after starting almost 11 years ago and coming back. I remember when I first made my character, he was a Bard. In order to enter Ty Beirdd, I had to audition. I'm not sure if I had the emotes hotkeyed or on alias but surpsingly it worked.

I was then instantly teleported to a new area and had to perform in front of many gods and goddesses as part of a festival going on. Talk about nerve wrecking.

I spent most of my time after that role-playing in the bar, getting drunk and singing nonsense.

Beyond that, being part of daily chorales in Cyrene was pretty cool. I felt there were dozens of bards on, ready to grant experience to those ready to listen. Cyrene felt very busy and bustling, like a real city.

I don't miss the combat though. I remember being miserable back then hunting with just doublejab. 
  • Chubbs said:
    I miss Mhaldor's assorted testicles on a skewer. Those were my favourite. :(
    Those weren't a Mhaldor thing, they were a Katia thing. Thankfully now that times have changed Mhaldor has moved along a bit from the whole pigshit, blood and gross shit aesthetic, though not entirely.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Waiting for your 'Grosspigshit, by Trey' perfume series.
  • Trey said:
    Chubbs said:
    Those weren't a Mhaldor thing, they were a Katia thing. Thankfully now that times have changed Mhaldor has moved along a bit from the whole pigshit, blood and gross shit aesthetic, though not entirely.
    Katia's stuff were great.
  • Chubbs said:
    Trey said:
    Chubbs said:
    Katia's stuff were great.
    They were fucking terrible.

• Krypton said:
    Waiting for your 'Grosspigshit, by Trey' perfume series.
    Working on more! Mhaldor has a perfume already, albeit not that.

• Biggest thing I miss is Clementius. I miss him having me(occie) astral into Shallam just to poke guards to have him pop in and keep me alive. I miss tripping mushrooms(IRL) while in the black forest(IC) chatting it up with him when we found a bug.

Also occie theft
  • Not a old school Achaean, so more IRE wide.... hope ya don't mind! 

I miss Juganothion Stavenn.

Miss OG thanatos (rip).

Miss my very first fights with Valarouko(sp?) and Dregaur.

I miss the amazing feeling of finding some new area long before mappers by using the old school hand drawn maps to get around.

I miss randomly running into Lepet in creepers.

I miss bugging Asyrin/Inyvon for practice fights. 

And after reading these posts - I super miss when classes were locked to guilds and there was no multiclass. Other players I met had such presence being uniquely tied to their class. You would recognize them as there class and it gave them serious RP chops. 

I miss Stavros (rip) 

• Oh, and I miss yank bashing Janus mobs in his grove area west of Canaae. Because the lols and lightning strikes. 
  • Trey said:
    Chubbs said:
    Mhaldor was not like that in the beginning, I think that was more a Ruth Era thing. Any old original Infernal would have been pissed about the whole dirty-bog-horror show that became Mhaldor for a minute or so.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    nah the gross aesthetic has been a part of Mhaldor for a pretty long time. All the tortured bodies hanging in the city did kind of add to that.