Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• That's what Vodun's for. Realistically speaking, vertigo will only get stuck if you're trying to push a tzan route, since you're right -- it's a tall order to stick all the necessary affs for a lack strategy AND throwing in vertigo at the same time. 
  • Anybody know how the mechanics of Balanceslash works?
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • I have a theory on how it works from vague memory. The balance loss is miniscule, but I think it 'stacks' onto those who are recovering balance to slightly lengthen their balance recovery time.

One thing I am 100% uncertain about is whether or not it affects those who are recovering equilibrium.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Back in the day, balance loss used to stack. So getting hit 3x by 2 second balance loss would mean 6 seconds off balance. I believe it was changed so that a single offbal attack will still add to your offbal time (once per balance use), but I could be wrong there. Should not interact with eq at all
  • Balance loss does nothing if the target is already off balance, if I remember correctly. Otherwise it would just demolish momentum classes. Still knocks off balance if they are off equilibrium as the two are separate.
  • I heard that the hypnosis charm artefact increases hypnotizing speed by 30%... but someone threw in this weird number stating that it reduces your locking speed by 70%. What do they mean by that?

From my experience with serp... you hypnotise... suggest... and then seal. Then dstab/pinshot/lightwall with venom combos until the right time to snap comes by. Where does the 70% reduced speed in locking come in? Is there some kind of hidden drawback to using the hypnosis speed increase charm artefact?

• edited August 2017
    Taryius said:
    Balance loss does nothing if the target is already off balance, if I remember correctly. Otherwise it would just demolish momentum classes. Still knocks off balance if they are off equilibrium as the two are separate.
    This. S'good for chasing.
  • Lucianus said:
    I heard that the hypnosis charm artefact increases hypnotizing speed by 30%... but someone threw in this weird number stating that it reduces your locking speed by 70%. What do they mean by that?

From my experience with serp... you hypnotise... suggest... and then seal. Then dstab/pinshot/lightwall with venom combos until the right time to snap comes by. Where does the 70% reduced speed in locking come in? Is there some kind of hidden drawback to using the hypnosis speed increase charm artefact?

Sounds like someone isn't accounting for the vigilance defence in their testing.
  • edited August 2017
    "reduced locking speed" is probably just using monk terminology (mind locking) when referring to how quickly you're able to hypnotise people. As in locking the hypnosis in place, letting you move into your dstabbing quicker, not letting you venomlock people better.
  • Lucianus said:
    If needed should be able to dstab while waiting on hypnosis to complete so you can suggest yeah? Throw up some form of hinder until then?
  • I just hypnotize on my dstabs and then pause to suggest when it lets me. If it reduced suggest balance, I would probably buy it. 

• Is alleviate stopped by a broken arm?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Have to break two, iirc

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Anyone know how long Vitiate lasts?
  • Taryius said:
    Anyone know how long Vitiate lasts?
    2min.

Anyone know how to queue up for combat spars? Can't find the help file
  • Nylian said:
    Taryius said:
    2min.

Ask Phileo join queue rankedspar
  • Nylian said:
    Taryius said:
    2min.

Is it 2 min? My testing showed 3 min. 
  • Taryius said:
    Nylian said:
    Taryius said:
    2min.

Is it 2 min? My testing showed 3 min. 
    Just tested it. Came out at 2.5min
  • The new ranked spar system is outlined in a news post. Can't remember the # right now, but searchnews announce phileo.
  • Is there any way an Occultist can hit a target with Blackout?
  • Dustbombs, which everybody can use.
  • Armali said:
    Dustbombs, which everybody can use.
    Right on, thanks bud.
  • Drag in Skirmishing: does it drag people around? What are the requirements? (impale?) does it go through mass, and does it set off traps?
  • edited September 2017
    I'm fairly certain this has been answered before, but would someone kindly give a detailed explanation of the exact, (current), mechanics of Voidfist?

And chest-strike, if possible.
    I don't like long goodbyes.
  • Natliya said:
    I'm fairly certain this has been answered before, but would someone kindly give a detailed explanation of the exact, (current), mechanics of Voidfist?

And chest-strike, if possible.

The AB file for chest is incredibly vague, but it gives the hypochondria affliction. I can never remember the specific afflictions or the order they come in, but I think hypochondria gives lethargy, nausea, and then addiction, then will give impatience if they have all three of lethargy, nausea and addiction. If we assume my order and affs are correct, and that they don't cure the ginseng affs (or hypochondria itself), on the first tick they'd get lethargy, on the second they'd get nausea, on the third they'd get addiction, and then on the fourth they'd get impatience.

Voidfist should now just be an X% chance for a herb/mineral eat to fail for Y seconds. Impaling the target while they have voidfist will prematurely remove it.

• And just what is that 'x' chance? Any idea on an exact percentage?
  • 66% I believe. Voidfist only lasts for a short duration though and is on the list of mechanics to be scrapped and changed.
  • Hey.
    Is me again.

What does Pommelstrike Do exactly? 
    Is it simply the fastest balance, lowest damage, combo-capable strike available to a Blademaster? Or is there some hidden passive about stunning or amnesia or some such?
  • Used to stun, as well as extend the duration slightly on voidfist. Doesn't do the former anymore, fairly sure I remember the latter getting removed too. Might be misremembering the second bit, though... Pretty much just speed, now. Pommel/sternum is solid dps in groups, though.
  • It's just the fastest attack BM have access to. Won't do limb damage, won't deliver your infuse, but allows for very fast striking. All its other functionality has been removed.