Day 19 of waiting for crafting response

edited September 2017 in General Questions
I submitted several recipes for a commission on August 17th. It's now 19 days later, and the recipes in question are still queue up in DESIGN LIST. Is anyone else experiencing significant delay for cooking recipes? I know that several other crafters have received tailoring responses in as little as 6 days, both submitting after I submitted and receiving before I have received mine. This is the part that confuses me most.

Is there anything I can do other than squirming? Is it possible I've done something to get it put on the back burner? I did ISSUE ME about 9 days ago, and they said they'd get to it. Did an ISSUE ME 2 days ago, and still waiting for a response.

Comments

• Afaik, the people who go over designs are completely volunteer, and therefore have a lot on their plate. Best advise I can give is to be patient, they will get reviewed, it just may take awhile.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    The 750 stuff will have taken priority, and the volunteers are probably burned out!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • This is very likely because the admin were entirely focused on putting together the Y750 games. They will probably clear the backlog up between now and the Y20 celebrations. 

• I considered the 750 backlog, but this can't be the whole story. I'm wondering if cooking recipes in particular are the issue, because some other non-recipe submissions (not by me) are getting through in 6 days or so. Not complaining, just trying to understand. 
  • It's possible that the people who approve cooking recipes and the people who approve tailoring designs are different people. Or someone only had time to go over a few designs and happened to pick tailoring, or tailoring approvals are less work. There are plenty of reasons it might not be first-come-first-served across all design types.
  • Sena said:
    It's possible that the people who approve cooking recipes and the people who approve tailoring designs are different people. Or someone only had time to go over a few designs and happened to pick tailoring, or tailoring approvals are less work. There are plenty of reasons it might not be first-come-first-served across all design types.
    This seems quite reasonable. Thanks, Sena.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Having submitted for both, I have reason to believe the queues are separated by crafting type.

Hence it may also have to do with the fact that there are many more tailors and clothes being designed than food items. Afterall, wanting your very own special outfit is a pretty common occurrence, every other player who comes into some money and wants their unique look is likely to do so. That queue fills up fast.

Wanting your very own special cookie isnt something people ask for that often if at all so the queue looks small and not very urgent. I know I've had designs sitting unreviewed for weeks at a time. I did just receive two cooking designs back this morning though, so yours should be back by now too.

• The seven I was most concerned about were returned indeed!