Year 750

edited September 2017 in North of Thera
I was debating whether I wanted to do another one of these or just post in raves, but I felt like there was enough to warrant a new thread. There were a lot of people that made these games awesome and a lot of people who worked together to support me.

@Admin team: these games were awesome, I really enjoyed the twists on the tumblerace (even though they were mildly infuriating at the time!). The retardation, tentacles, and stuns were so hard to play around with, especially with the tumblerace toys like the bananas and bombs. The Twins tournament was amazing too, double elimination was really enjoyable, and it was a blast climbing back up all the way to challenge for 1st after an early defeat. The amount of detail and work that went into the bosses for the xpevent really surprised me, each one was really unique and all of them were threatening. 

@Farrah not only did you manage to (SOMEHOW) convince me to try to go for staff, you helped make it possible to win. Seriously, the last week of practicing with you was a ton of fun. We tried so many different configurations and sparred so many times! From our Home Alone 3 strategy (that's what got us that first win vs Coopficy) to the double magi, monk/magi, tekura/magi, shikudo/magi to everything else - there was so much practice, and every moment was a blast. That door fight was awesome. I can't help but picture it as the stairs scene .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lb92tL6R4A . The help with the foozle, waking up at 5 in the morning to help with xpevent, the constant reassurances and support... seriously, thank you.

@Xaden @Braver and everyone who woke up at 5am or earlier to help... you were all beyond amazing. Fighting the RNG with mass joining but also fighting chances of getting harassed by joining at an ungodly time was difficult to pull off. I was worried about getting swarmed and y700 tumblerace'd but you guys had my back. From helping kill stuff to chasing off people who were hurting my scores or fighting off the dastardly @Medi (my GOD you're great at being a pain, those last 45 minutes...) there was no way I could have done it without you. I might have gotten fifth or sixth or something without your help in the best of circumstances, and who knows how things would have gone had that happened.

@Antonius thank you for your neverending patience with code help and for loaning me credits to buy the cape! Loaning me your artifacts and runing me so much during the xpevent really made a difference. Always been a great friend, really glad to be able to play with you. @Sylphie THANK YOU for helping me get the cape too, so much love! You're a delight to play with.

@Keorin @Shirszae you two (on purpose or otherwise!) helped so much in the xpevent, and fighting you two in the twins event was a nightmare come true. I was blown away by your strategy and had no idea tzantza was instant with enough affs. You were also the first people to use a cube against us, so that set us up for doing better later on too. You two were amazing, you should definitely be proud of yourselves for how you did.

@Solnir you are simply awesome. Thanks for your constant cheering me on! You're always fun to be around and talk with. Really glad you came to Achaea and Targossas.

@Mathilda going in the maze early just to get me information helped a ton. I knew what to expect and had a rough idea of the bosses before I even entered. This definitely got me a few extra minutes of bashing. Thank you!

@Atalkez @Achilles stepping aside so Farrah and I could go for the win was really thoughtful of you guys. I was paranoid about the math (even though everyone said it was mathematically secured) but there was no way I was going to ask you guys to forfeit for us. It was a really thoughtful gesture, especially since out of the whole tournament you two had such a great chance to beat us since you helped us practice (along with @Karren and many others) for 3-4 hours a night. 

@Micaelis @Skye @Austere your help with getting all prepped for the foozle was amazing. Between the database, fixing it for usage, and tips on stuff that's flying or in the trees etc., foozle was the one event I went from being really worried about to feeling relatively okay about. 

@Deucalion you're always awesome to interact with, thanks for that little nudge in the twins event! Really grateful to have such an awesome Divine for Targossas to play with, thanks for being so consistently great. 

@Morthif thanks for being a Good ashtani (lol) if you decided to be a pain in the xpevent, I probably would have maybe only gotten 3rd or 4th. Especially if you pulled out all the tricks and mass recruited for it. Come @Antidas

@Jadys thanks for selling me the talisman piece at a lower rate, so much love!

@Antidas it was awesome seeing you for CTF, that was a lot of fun. Old shenanigans best shenanigans. Best flag stealers ever!

@Targossas I've said it before and I'll say it again - I never approached this as a single-person endeavor. When I decided to go for the staff, it was only because everyone else decided to go for it with me. It's safe to say Tesha didn't win the staff; Targossas did. You're all a great group of people to play with and I couldn't ask for more.

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone, there's so many people who offered support and helped in smaller ways that I had to resort to logs to try to find everyone who helped out. I reallyreallyreallyreallyreally did not want to get 2nd again this time (and inevitably try again in 800). The last two weeks have been a blast. Here's to next time being as great!

i'm a rebel

Comments

•  <3 Tesha.  It's payback for all the guard deaths you caused us during the war!  If the past is anything to go by, once you get the staff you'll have to log out and never log back in that was our plan all along muahahaha
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • wow, forgot me!
  • inb4 tesha perma-rets all of Targossas <3
     <3 
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited September 2017
    Lies and propaganda, all of it. 

(Just glad you kept your end of the deal. Wtg, Tesha) 
  • Wow, I got recognized! :D 
    I've said it before, but I'll say it here too. Tesha is one of the best parts of Targossas, and it's always so much fun interacting with you, IC and OOC. Just glad I can return the favour!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    obligatory CHOO CHOO 
  • I have learned to randomly follow Divine while they're not paying attention. It gets you places. Sometimes dead, too.
  • @Nazihk!! So awesome you need your own post. Really glad you're with us, always fun to talk to and mess around with. Thank you for your help this month!!

i'm a rebel

• I'm sorry I missed it. Came home so late and woke up nearly 1pm. Logs anyone?
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Screw the Staff, and screw the credits

Did Tesha get best prize: 50 spankin' mementoes??
  • Did anyone log the award ceremony?
  • Woohoo, go @Tesha =)
  • @Tesha for Emperor-ess
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited September 2017
    Now you must unlock the secret power within :D.

Also be sure to have the staff insured. Parni likes to pop up and steal it whenever he pleases.
  • I am actually quite disappointed in the @Admin Staff for the Twins Tournament and CTF. I don't understand why it wasn't better managed. You could've had teams fight in different arenas. Coordinated those arenas to not timeout like Delos. They should have forced the issue once they seen the time for the CTF was coming up. Many people changed plans, etc to be here for the CTF. Mhaldor was left with like 4 people because the Twins Tournament went WAY over schedule. Do better next time.

@Tesha
    Well Done! I should have waited to join @Medi to harass you but I didn't read before I joined the event. I thought you could join and then select your 6 hours but meh!

• Leviticus said:
    I am actually quite disappointed in the @Admin Staff for the Twins Tournament and CTF. I don't understand why it wasn't better managed. You could've had teams fight in different arenas. Coordinated those arenas to not timeout like Delos.
    They did. It was up to the people participating what arenas they wanted to use, though.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    17 teams competed and it was double elimination.  For the most part the fights were super fast.  I dont think any of my matches win or lose went beyond 2 minutes.  Even with all that it was only a 30 minute delay.
  • The longest fights were the last ones(makes sense), and that was mainly because none of us wanted to dive retardation against Farrah/Tesha.
    The whole tournament was still close to 3 hours from registration to finish..
  • Leviticus said:
    I am actually quite disappointed in the Admin Staff for the Twins Tournament and CTF. I don't understand why it wasn't better managed. You could've had teams fight in different arenas. Coordinated those arenas to not timeout like Delos. They should have forced the issue once they seen the time for the CTF was coming up. Many people changed plans, etc to be here for the CTF. Mhaldor was left with like 4 people because the Twins Tournament went WAY over schedule. Do better next time.

It was only delayed by 30 minutes, and most of Mhaldor had already gone by the time it would have officially started anyway. Twins has usually run a bit late.

Also, we did use all the arenas, but the later fights we did in Delos so people could watch them.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I could've sworn we did double elimination last year too, but only from the semi-finals I think?

I'm really proud of @Tesha, I didn't want to give any super overt help, just a hint, but she was willing to do the legwork and stuff. Some other people would've bitched me out for not spoonfeeding.

• Makarios said:
    This was the first time we've done double elimination so there was definitely a learning curve for us there. As Cooper said I don't think the 30 minute delay changed much regarding the ctf, but we'll definitely account for it next time. On our end, we were very pleased to see so many teams turn out for it - was a very good showing!

Absolutely, I believe the more people the better. I thought the CTF was to start at 8 EST and we didn't finish the TWINS stuff until around 9:15...
  • Then you thought the CTF was at the wrong time. 

• The 30 minute delay likely had much less of an effect on participation than the fact it was scheduled for late(ish) on a Friday, rather than on a Saturday.
  • Okay okay! I take everything back! @Admin Staff, you rock!
  • Congrats, Tesha! You deserve it (from what I remember of you anyway)!