Nexus Client Speed Issues

So I was hoping if the admin who helped make Nexus could weigh in on this.

To help someone out, I took it upon myself to build a dragon limb counter in Nexus using only the Simplified Scripting functionality (no Jscript).

It works!

It just lags the game like all heck and hell. There's a noticeable 1-3s delay between my hitting 'rend limb' and the output text.

I was hoping if someone could take a look at the settings and let me know if I'm overly abusing the server or the functionality or what not.

Thanks!

Comments

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    <- not the admin who helped make nexus.

I started coded on nexus using the "simplified scripting" (tm).  No matter what I did, once a plugin got to a certain point of complexity, it would lag.

I decided to scrap the SS and use straight javascript (and the jquery library) only.  Now I have many dozens of lines firing for events and without an ounce of lag.

The idea of the SS is nice, and it does indeed work for really small scale stuff, but it seems to fall short for the big stuff.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Agreed.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    If you want to send me through an export of your simplified scripting reflexes that are lagging, we'll take a look! tecton@achaea.com
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/68aFBfTu

Well.  Combat lag was fixed.. sort of.

Except when you explode with corpses from 15 enemies in your room.  The start of the log was the last thing I saw, and then when I died I unfroze. :(

• Edit: Nexus does not like corpse explosion.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    I'm building a scrollback logger right now.  It's pretty amazing - 0 lag, and it logs stuff that already happened!

Working on an auto feature currently.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • @Tecton
    Emailed! Sorry for the delay!