Dragons & cloth armour

So, I understand that dragons are only able to wear cloth armour for the sole purpose of having access to paragons. Unmodified, it provides no cutting/blunt protection whatsoever, with both resistances at 0% when weaponprobed. However, I noticed the other day that I can sketch gebu/gebo runes on a set. When probed, it shows 4% per. Is this indeed a true, real increase in protection? Or is it basically increasing zero resistance by 4%, which is still zero?

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Probably just an oversight. Would bug it if I were you.

To answer the actual question, I'm pretty sure gebo/gebu are static increases (which means it'd be an increase for dragons), not based on the base armour stats, but I could be wrong.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ahmet said:
    Probably just an oversight. Would bug it if I were you.

To answer the actual question, I'm pretty sure gebo/gebu are static increases (which means it'd be an increase for dragons), not based on the base armour stats, but I could be wrong.
    It's a flat 4% increase regardless of base stats. Can be sketched on shields as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Perks of Runie dragons with access to cloth armour and paragons unless it's a bug.

I do know the armor rune effects become inert when you switch class and go dragon.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • So...if I rune up my cloth armour beforehand with the +4% runes, dragonform, then put the armour on...it's not actually doing anything? Even if I can weaponprobe it and still see the increases there?

• Easiest way to see this is the difference between sketched/unsketched armour. It's +4 resist. Not resist * 1.04. 52/52 plate becomes 56/56 not 52*1.04. (additional, not multiplicative).

So yes, Zbaco, you do get a benefit from it.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Got it, just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. Thanks.

• edited August 2017
    Zbaco said:
    So...if I rune up my cloth armour beforehand with the +4% runes, dragonform, then put the armour on...it's not actually doing anything? Even if I can weaponprobe it and still see the increases there?
    Dragonform is not a class switch. I meant... runing up your armor and shield... switching to bard and then d-forming... since by default, armor runes and shield runes are already rendered inactive when you change to a different class and then dform.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.