What would you like to see in Nexus?

Comments

• Frederich said:

B: Better script support (AKA: my friends can actually help me instead of going "lol i dont know nexus"
    Dunno if IRE has the ability to force people to switch from Lua to JavaScript, but I'd think that js should be more commonly known?
  • Sidonia said:
    Frederich said:

B: Better script support (AKA: my friends can actually help me instead of going "lol i dont know nexus"
    Dunno if IRE has the ability to force people to switch from Lua to JavaScript, but I'd think that js should be more commonly known?

In general, JavaScript is probably more well known. Amongst IRE players - most of whom only learn how to write code for IRE games - knowledge of Lua is probably more common. Even if you know JavaScript, without also knowing how the Nexus trigger engine and such works that's not necessarily a great help, depending on how much assistance Nexus users need.
  • edited August 2017
    Personally, I know js about as fluently as I know Lua. It's a big part of my BAs, so I didn't have much choice but to learn it...

I, however, prefer Lua to js. To me it's a hell of a lot nicer and better to write scripts in. Else I'd probably have given Nexus a shot, with all the improvements it's gotten over time.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Also would like to see the list of players in the room not display titles.
  • Nazihk said:
    The main reason why I couldn't use Nexus is the mapping.

Basically, I cannot live without the option to look up a room's vnum and then "go 22228" or whatever. As long as you don't offer that functionality, I will consider Nexus to be borderline unusable and it will continue to be a major reason why third party clients are dominant.
    Don't want to sound like a broken record...

but

Imperian had an ingame pather:
      path find 22228 | path go
    would take you anywhere.

I never really used Mudlet Mapper / Mudbot in Imperian for walking. Maybe once or twice a year.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• For me, Nexus is incredibly difficult to use because of its visual components (which I know some people do love for their functionality). I wish there was the option to load a text-only version of the client without all the bells and whistles. This is the only reason I use Mudlet over Nexus right now. That and Nexus' issues with scrolling and the prompt buttons often "sticking" so you need to re-load everything to clear them. 
  • @Truax I too really enjoy a minimalist client and the previous updates to Nexus enabled a lot of this. Gauges and buttons can all be deselected (right click on the main window for a list of options.) Scrolling is a pain and we have hopes for updates to the client to fix this, but selecting minimal in settings and then removing most of the fluff from the display makes me a much happier Nexus user.
    There is no way to hide Buttons on mobile.
  • @Makarios @Nicola

As it irritates me no end, I went back to try and see if there was an identifiable issue with the unresponsiveness of a Websocket client.

While I am not entirely sure if the Forced Redraw was the issue, finding Fastdom.js was interesting.

Would certainly request that your developers consider it for the Nexus client.

w/o Fastdom:

w/ Fastdom:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    New version of Nexus is up for testing - check out the details here:

https://www.achaea.com/news/?game=Achaea&section=Announce&number=4791
    The Balance & Equilibrium alerts (that light up to show when you have regained balance) only work on Standard interface, not Minimal interface
  • Krypton said:
    The Balance & Equilibrium alerts (that light up to show when you have regained balance) only work on Standard interface, not Minimal interface
    maybe it's CSS issue, not a javascript issue.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    Will fix it up now!
  • @Tecton thanks for all those nexuses updates, I want to mention some one annoying GMCP issue IRE.Rift.Change. it will cause Nexus to send a IRE.Rift.Request every time it happened in which i think it is somewhat bothersome and unnecessary as IRE.Rift.Change is fine as is. my two cents.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    Valaria said:
    @Tecton thanks for all those nexuses updates, I want to mention some one annoying GMCP issue IRE.Rift.Change. it will cause Nexus to send a IRE.Rift.Request every time it happened in which i think it is somewhat bothersome and unnecessary as IRE.Rift.Change is fine as is. my two cents.
    Hrrm, yeah, that does seem unnecessary, I'll check that out.
    Valaria said:
    Krypton said:
    maybe it's CSS issue, not a javascript issue.
    Yep, this should be fixed now. Might need to force a refresh in your browser to get the latest css.
    Valaria said:
    @Tecton thanks for all those nexuses updates, I want to mention some one annoying GMCP issue IRE.Rift.Change. it will cause Nexus to send a IRE.Rift.Request every time it happened in which i think it is somewhat bothersome and unnecessary as IRE.Rift.Change is fine as is. my two cents.
    All fixed!
  • Tecton said:
    Valaria said:
    All fixed!
    Although you could put a code in there that will just fetch the rift list only once after connecting to an IRE realm.

• Laedha said:
    Please stop disabling walk to during world games. I understand the intent that you want people to go based on knowledge and not systems, but since you can't stop mudlet users from using walkto, you shouldn't disable nexus landmarks and path find. 
    This for the love of fuck @Nicola

• Frederich said:
    Laedha said:
    Please stop disabling walk to during world games. I understand the intent that you want people to go based on knowledge and not systems, but since you can't stop mudlet users from using walkto, you shouldn't disable nexus landmarks and path find. 
    This for the love of fuck @Nicola

All for this as long as walk to <denizen> doesn't work in foozles. Walk to places but no auto walking to your foozle critters! Really would make Nexus feel like less of a downgrade to mudlet.
  • Hello, as a new Achaean jumping headfirst into combat, the massive lag that occurs when I log a fight and when I increase the scrollback limit is probably the biggest hurdle I'm running into right now. These have been mentioned before by others in this thread but I just wanted to add my input to theirs. I've tried setting the scrollback down to as low as 1000, it still lags. Logging more than a short time slows things to a crawl. It makes it very difficult to go back and review what happened in a fight, and is probably the biggest obstacle I'm facing right now as someone learning to fight in Achaea.

The only workaround I've found is to log in chunks and download each one individually before the lag gets too bad. Maybe there could be a feature to do this automatically?

That said I really appreciate all the work you guys have put into the web client, it's awesome in almost every way. I know of at least one novice I came up with who stopped playing because they thought they needed Mudlet to succeed in combat but didn't want to use a third party client, so any improvements really would be helpful to us newbies to Achaea.
  • @Caynix see the recent announce news post! A new version of Nexus is now live and has a lot of upgrades to combat spam handling and scrollback efficiency!
  • @Nicola Wow, you guys rock! Not sure if I'm using an older version so I'll do a forced refresh as suggested and see what's new. I can't believe you worked with Zahan for the mapping changes as well, Mapmod is literally the one package for Nexus I couldn't live without.  <3
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    edited August 2017
    @Nicola You guys are great. Thank you for all you do.

Now disable that left/right swipe-to-side-panels nonsense, and lock the scrollback view so it doesn't move when new things happen. I can't Archivist properly on Nexus. ( <3 )
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    I'm considering an alternative to the logger, which will grab the html from the scrollback buffer (complete with timestamps), and push it to a file that downloads as a log. 

Just a thought currently.

Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Talamond said:
     lock the scrollback view so it doesn't move when new things happen
    ^
  • This contest is the kind of forward thinking admins need. Good job Mak/Nicola/Tecton/etc.
  • The ability to name Events.

In Simplified Scripting, you can use Enable Reflex to enable an event, but there's no way to actually name the event.