Simple Ideas

Comments

• @Draedetha Classleads should probably be opening up again soon. I would submit that then. Ideas can not go anywhere for years.
  • WTB with my own gold the option to have level 2 endurance and willpower regeneration rooms for House Estates.
    Combined with the appropriate tattoo for the opportunity of level 3 regeneration would make me so happy.
  • Could be an opportunity for another gold sink, instead of a permanent upgrade option.
    10,000gp seems to be the average credit on the market these days.
    Maybe introduce a denizen or item that receives the 10,000gp from a player and the room (or that player alone) will receive level 2 regeneration for 1 hour while in that room.

I know there are other things: Crooks, grove rains, tents, etc., but it could be neat for the people who've earned a decent rank within their respected House.
  • Could we get a warning and CONFIRM option on LEGION RECALL ALL? Yes, I did that in one mine and forgot to put HERE.. wondered why my other mines collapsed at the same time.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • When building a mine the flavour text should reflect how many of each comm is used in construction. It would be a huge help when building on some partially mined lodes.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I put my wood & stone in my pack when I want to know, because then you get the message "You need X wood and X stone to build... "
  • Can we have a magical appointment book? Plug in task to do, deadline, or upcoming event and get an unmistakable magical alert (like an electric shock) that you can customize the intervals for? I would so use the hell out of this I think.
  • Antonius said:
    It never fails to surprise me that after eight years of playing this game I still learn something new almost every single day. Thank you!
  • Ahem

@Makarios

Can we have custom portal messages like Imperian, please? (If it's not already a thing)
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited July 2017
    Tysandr said:
    Ahem

@Makarios

Can we have custom portal messages like Imperian, please? (If it's not already a thing)

From the last time I asked:

"For a customised wand of portals you are looking at 1300 credits, which includes customised messages for the portal starting/completing and a customised portal description. The high cost associated with this is due to the necessary involvement of the coding team."

I assume that doesn't include the 800 credit cost for buying the wand. No idea if it's possible for ability-based portals (e.g. sonic portals), though.

• My god
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Highly doubt you can customise ability-based portals, unless you win that in an auction (which isn't up for auction this time around, but has been in the past).
    Huh. Neat.
  • I am fairly certain that is including it @Antonius , I could be wrong.  But "Customised wand of portals" makes it sound like 800cr for the artie.  200cr for starting/completing.  100cr for the wand desc.  100cr for you drawing a circle. 100cr for the portal description.

That seems to line up with like 100cr per interaction or whatever.
  • Based on previous experience, coder time is considerably more expensive than 500 credits for what seems like it would be a large amount of work.
  • I think Penwize paid over 2500 for his?
  • 2.5k cold cashes for his stuff? (or just 2500 credits?)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Being able to write in journals/projects/etc. without leaving realms.  Please.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • It would be nice to be able to further sort by design type when looking at NDS MATCH <owner>. Some people have so many designs, that just being able to sort be jewelry, tailoring, and cooking would be nice.
  • Would be great if the issue system allowed a right of reply to the issue-ee's reply. For when they lie through their teeth.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Would be great if the issue system allowed a right of reply to the issue-ee's reply. For when they lie through their teeth.
    I agree, although there does have to be a limit, so each side stating their case once kinda makes sense.

Just have to trust the admins, although when it's a serious issue that's a nervous wait time. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    They can look back and see what went down as long as you provide accurate timestamps. No need to tell the admin that someone might be lying, they can just check.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Say <dir> <text>

People can knock on doors, for instance.  How do you figure out who is on the other side?  You want to ask who it is but YELLing talks to everyone in the area.  Adding a direction to the say will SAY to the adjacent room specified as well as the room you're in.
  • That's an awful idea. There's enough shit talking in raids. :D
  • True but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.  What if it took balance to do?
  • How would I say something to the room I'm in that starts with a direction?

If the issue is knowing who is on the other side of a door there are almost certainly better solutions for that.

Right now you can open door/squint/close door all in one go using the in-game command separator. That would tell you who is on the other side and would be completely safe.
  • Hmm true.  What about... Hmm.  I'm drawing blanks on a better and more IC solution than opening, squinting, and slamming the door.

What if it was something specific to the door like you touch door <message> and from their side, since they knocked, it'd be like "you hear a (your voice setting) voice from the other side say, blah blah blah"?
  • Just add a peekhole  to doors and let people do PEEK SOUTH or whatever.
  • Instead of SAY <dir>, it could be a shorter range version of yelling (having trouble thinking of a command that isn't already in use, maybe BELLOW or something like SOFTYELL?), limited to adjacent rooms. That would have more applications than directional says.