The "Is it a Bug?" Thread- NO EXCUSES

Comments

• Antonius said:
    Kogan said:
    I'm bringing this one here just for attention. I'm 99.9% sure this shouldn't be this way. While doing an instant that can't be interrupted or it will cancel.... doing setalias or changing curing prios via the CURING command cancel the instant. Seems like something so OOC should not interrupt an instant. If there is something I'm missing here please let me know.
    Not strictly a bug, but it should be changed. Commands that can be considered semi-OOC (SETALIAS, CURING, QUEUE) should be excluded from the normal checks for commands. This is already the case for aeon/retardation, and I believe amnesia, but clearly nobody has considered (some) channeled abilities; I'd file a bug and/or classlead it.
    Thanks, wanted to check to make sure there wasn't some reason behind it I wasn't thinking of. Bugging now.
  • If someone starts inking you and you curing off (or someone with wsys uses pp) it disrupts it. Annoying.
  • On that note, you can't change targets while stunned if you are using the server side targetting, that seems like a bug.
  • @Kythra and @Accipiter Submitted both of these as well.
  • edited July 2017
    If you're disarming a tank, and turn your curing off, it also stops the tank disarm.

Which fucking sucks if you have certain things on upkeep (such as mass) and want to turn them off mid-way through a disarm.

Edit: Mistyping something will also incur this same penalty.  So if you were to do curign off it'd still stop disarming.  It's kind of dumb.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Frederich, just buy a shackle :)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    It's because it's 2 words, which makes it 2v1. :trollface:

But yeah, mistyping a command shouldn't interrupt channelled actions.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kyrra said:
    @Kyrra But shackle damages you while running from place to place :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Kyrra said:
    @Kyrra But shackle damages you while running from place to place :(
    You know you can remove it and it instantly removes the mass defence, right?
    Yes, but you could just use mass instead and not have that problem :innocent:

On that note, it's rare to see an artefact that actually has drawbacks. I like the tradeoff.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2017
    It isn't a tradeoff it's the same damage effect as moving too quickly with normal mass. 

Edit: only drawback is not using mass keepup to keep you from timing out. Though I guess with SS that doesn't work anymore 
  • Uhhh, they're the exact same defence, just shackle gives you the option to remove it at will. Shackle has no drawbacks.
    edited July 2017
    You do not take damage moving too quickly with normal mass or asthma anymore.

EDIT: Though I guess shackle still taking damage could just be an oversight. Will confirm.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:

EDIT: Though I guess shackle still taking damage could just be an oversight. Will confirm.
    I can guarantee you that you are wrong on both accounts there.
  • You don't from mass, anymore.

I've followed Farrah when she's moved 100 rooms at lightning speed with like 4 rooms tick.

I, not once, took damage from it.

So maybe something is wrong, but I'm not from mass.
  • Alrena said:
    Ahmet said:

I can guarantee you that you are wrong on both accounts there.

He's not. This was changed recently, I just cba to go through the announce.

You don't take damage from mass running anymore.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited July 2017
    I'm not sure if the shackle still conveys the damage from running that mass doesn't since this is news to me as well, but in the case of shackle doing it and mass not it seemed to me like applying mass and then wearing/removing shackle dropped mass def. Which may be an unintentional way to not take damage using normal mass and still be able to drop mass whenever.
  • You shouldn't be taking damage at all from mass movement. If you are, that's a bug.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Every once in a while I have to deal with shop policy nonsense as Chancellor and this most recent time resulted in the discovery of an apparent bug where people were implementing negative policies in order to price items above the 999,999 price limit.

The following notes were included: will be live soon : shop policies will no longer allow prices to exceed 999,999 gold.

Figured I'd leave this here for folks as an FYI.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Kyrra said:
    Every once in a while I have to deal with shop policy nonsense as Chancellor and this most recent time resulted in the discovery of an apparent bug where people were implementing negative policies in order to price items above the 999,999 price limit.

The following notes were included: will be live soon : shop policies will no longer allow prices to exceed 999,999 gold.

Bug abusers need to go leafy for a while with more regularity, especially repeat offenders.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kyrra said:

The Divine voice of Someone Powerful echoes in your head, "The shop prices change is now active."

• Klendathu said:
    Kyrra said:

Bug abusers need to go leafy for a while with more regularity, especially repeat offenders.
    Not really sure what the issue is with pricing above 999,999. Definitely doesn't seem like bug abuse worthy of shrubbing.
    Antonius said:
    Klendathu said:
    Kyrra said:

Not really sure what the issue is with pricing above 999,999. Definitely doesn't seem like bug abuse worthy of shrubbing.
    Perhaps, perhaps not. Bug abuse is bug abuse.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    It is neither a bug, nor an abuse.

It's just something the Garden looked at and decided to change.
  • some items are worth more than 999.999 gold.
  • But the best things in life are free....?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Rangor said:
    some items are worth more than 999.999 gold.
    Then don't stock it in a shop!

• Krypton said:
    It is neither a bug, nor an abuse.

It's just something the Garden looked at and decided to change.
    It was both a big and abuse.

The intended cap on shop items is currently 999,999. People used an unintended method (bug) to price things outside of that cap (abuse).

That doesn't mean they won't adjust the price cap in the future, though. 

• edited July 2017
    If any form of bug abuse got people shrubbed, just imagine how non-existent the game's population would be, considering pretty much anyone who fought somewhat constantly had command stacking inside of ret/aeon before it got fixed.

Perspective is indeed something.