The "Is it a Bug?" Thread- NO EXCUSES

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Didn't Tahquil have, like, 800% on the last GH?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Profithyst is only 40%.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Is there an arena add on or something that allows runes/tattoos to persist when leaving without using the resources? Most arenas wipe the body runes or tattoos you ink inside but in Cyrene they stick around?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I think it was 665% but remembering numbers was never my thing.
  • Jovolo said:
    Who do you wish to catcall?
    lol fuck this bug. Hate trying to figure out who's trolling me with blank lines
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    UPDATE

2017/5/02/22:16 Greetings! Regarding your issue #79556: I can confirm that using 
    gare and jumping planes when a ship is at sea is intentional! If you have any 
    further queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us via ISSUE ME 
    <your question>!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Well I suppose if you want to leave your tub floating about on the open water at the mercy of pirates, that's your prerogative...

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Jinsun said:
    UPDATE

2017/5/02/22:16 Greetings! Regarding your issue #79556: I can confirm that using 
    gare and jumping planes when a ship is at sea is intentional! If you have any 
    further queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us via ISSUE ME 
    <your question>!
    Jinsun you bloody cheat, doing things within the rules. Asshole

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Using the Rajamalan whispercloth thing to silence your own heartstop/deathcoil break.
  • Frederich said:
    Using the Rajamalan whispercloth thing to silence your own heartstop/deathcoil break.
    Oooooooooooooo

Never thought of that. These ideas continue to amaze me.
  • Well.  Coil is meant to be a better version of Hearstop.  Heartstop shows your death as "Misadventure".

Deathcoil is you killing yourself for ??? reason.
  • Frederich said:
    Using the Rajamalan whispercloth thing to silence your own heartstop/deathcoil break.
    I'm confused... What possible issue could there be with this?
  • I made a bit of an error.  It only really applies if you kill yourself via deathcoil (or voyria yourself, I guess).

Heartstop labels your death as misadventure.  While Death Coil is supposed to be a less-costly version of heartstop.  It's weird.
  • I still have absolutely no clue what it is you think might be a bug... Are heartstop and deathcoil interacting differently when using whispercloth?
  • edited May 2017
    Antonius said:
    I still have absolutely no clue what it is you think might be a bug... Are heartstop and deathcoil interacting differently when using whispercloth?

He's not being very coherent, but I think he means using whispercloth to hide the death coil deathsight so you can break into places with gem without people seeing you die first. I don't think that's a bug.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited May 2017
    He means it's inconsistent for whispercloth—which is supposed to hide when you are the killer—to hide heartstop, if misadventure is the "killer".
  • What Krypton said.

I was super tired when I posted that, rofl
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Technically speaking, though, you are killing yourself. 'Misadventure' is just what appears on the deathsight.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Heartstop being Misadventure (even tho you're killing yourself) and Deathcoil being killed by yourself is the inconsistency that allows for Whispercloth to do it's shenanigans.

If it doesn't work for one, likely shouldn't work for the other.
  • edited June 2017
    Here's a good one for the bug abuse thread:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/-B1a6cTH

I originally bugged this more than 10 months ago when Proficy was using his duanathar(ic?) wings to escape when he got petrified.    That has since stopped but now he's moved on to using the urn pets to escape after being petrified.

First question, does this count as bug abuse?   Second question, any chance the bug can be fixed?
  • Looks intended to me. Fuck sentinels
  • Stumbled across a location somewhere today that had a bunch of stuff buried in it, which I promptly took a bunch of. Turns out, there is a location in the game where buried stuff eventually goes - its not supposed to be accessible by mortals, but at least for the moment, it appears that it is. I won't say where because I don't want someone to abuse my sharing this info with people to go clear it out, but suffice to say, if you happen to stumble across a buried trove of random shit and it seems too good to be true, it probably is and its probably the same bug I stumbled across today allowing you to access this room. Don't do it!

• Antidas said:
    Stumbled across a location somewhere today that had a bunch of stuff buried in it, which I promptly took a bunch of. Turns out, there is a location in the game where buried stuff eventually goes - its not supposed to be accessible by mortals, but at least for the moment, it appears that it is. I won't say where because I don't want someone to abuse my sharing this info with people to go clear it out, but suffice to say, if you happen to stumble across a buried trove of random shit and it seems too good to be true, it probably is and its probably the same bug I stumbled across today allowing you to access this room. Don't do it!
    Now everyone will go treasure hunting.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Antidas said:
    Stumbled across a location somewhere today that had a bunch of stuff buried in it, which I promptly took a bunch of. Turns out, there is a location in the game where buried stuff eventually goes - its not supposed to be accessible by mortals, but at least for the moment, it appears that it is. I won't say where because I don't want someone to abuse my sharing this info with people to go clear it out, but suffice to say, if you happen to stumble across a buried trove of random shit and it seems too good to be true, it probably is and its probably the same bug I stumbled across today allowing you to access this room. Don't do it!
    Pretty sure the admin are aware of this one because Althena came across a bunch of buried shit from like 2013-2014 from when Kinilan and I buried things like non-decay figureheads. It's almost a bit like finding a time capsule you forgot about when you get randomly contacted and have stuffed returned to you.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    IS IT BANANA ISLAND?!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I like how everyone just calls it banana island. At this point they may as well just officially name it so.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Because it is a Banana. This isn't difficult 
  • I'm bringing this one here just for attention. I'm 99.9% sure this shouldn't be this way. While doing an instant that can't be interrupted or it will cancel.... doing setalias or changing curing prios via the CURING command cancel the instant. Seems like something so OOC should not interrupt an instant. If there is something I'm missing here please let me know.
  • Kogan said:
    I'm bringing this one here just for attention. I'm 99.9% sure this shouldn't be this way. While doing an instant that can't be interrupted or it will cancel.... doing setalias or changing curing prios via the CURING command cancel the instant. Seems like something so OOC should not interrupt an instant. If there is something I'm missing here please let me know.
    Not strictly a bug, but it should be changed. Commands that can be considered semi-OOC (SETALIAS, CURING, QUEUE) should be excluded from the normal checks for commands. This is already the case for aeon/retardation, and I believe amnesia, but clearly nobody has considered (some) channeled abilities; I'd file a bug and/or classlead it.