Internal Curing System ... any good?

Or would I be much better off with all the more complicated and fully featured stuff like Svof? Because right now I don't have access to a computer and play mainly on Blowtorch client on my phone.

The serverside curing system seems to have most of the things I need - I just need to make some aliases to change priorities and settings and things like that. What does Svof have that serverside curing does not? Can I make up for it with my Blowtorch triggers/highlights/gags?

Also ... configuring curing settings is not affected by aeon ... right?

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited June 2017
    I will be thoroughly impressed if you find a way to be useful in a raid on Blowtorch, aside from sitting in the safest room in your city and spamming brazier ('swhat I do since Mhaldor never raids when I have a decent connection or my reflexes on hand).

Not to discourage you or anything. Plenty of people get by, but you're going to want Mudlet, or maybe Nexus. If you're on Mudlet, there's a number of helpful script packages to get you going (svof, wsys, ak, various others), and you can start setting up some reflexes of your own to suit your needs.

EDIT:

To  add to that, Svof has a number of helpful highlights, makes it easy to configure your defences for both keepup and defup, and swap between sets, as well as lots of utilities such as its people tracker, namedatabase, limb counters, etc.

And yes, you can configure curing settings in aeon/ret without it cancelling your action or having to wait.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Kurdock said:
    Or would I be much better off with all the more complicated and fully featured stuff like Svof? Because right now I don't have access to a computer and play mainly on Blowtorch client on my phone.

The serverside curing system seems to have most of the things I need - I just need to make some aliases to change priorities and settings and things like that. What does Svof have that serverside curing does not? Can I make up for it with my Blowtorch triggers/highlights/gags?

Also ... configuring curing settings is not affected by aeon ... right?
    Svof has a lot of QoL stuff that you don't get out of the box on Blowtorch or any other client. However, you can do most things using 'just' serverside curing.

Have you tried connecting via the Nexus client? It runs in your browser, so should be usable on a phone. 

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Ahmet said:
    I will be thoroughly impressed if you find a way to be useful in a raid on Blowtorch, aside from sitting in the safest room in your city and spamming brazier ('swhat I do since Mhaldor never raids when I have a decent connection or my reflexes on hand).

Not to discourage you or anything. Plenty of people get by, but you're going to want Mudlet, or maybe Nexus. If you're on Mudlet, there's a number of helpful script packages to get you going (svof, wsys, ak, various others), and you can start setting up some reflexes of your own to suit your needs.

EDIT:

To  add to that, Svof has a number of helpful highlights, makes it easy to configure your defences for both keepup and defup, and swap between sets, as well as lots of utilities such as its people tracker, namedatabase, limb counters, etc.

And yes, you can configure curing settings in aeon/ret without it cancelling your action or having to wait.

Don't underestimate my skill with mobile mudding ;) I've done it for years. I played a mud called Avalon which has similar balance/equilibrium affliction combat to Achaea (in fact apparently Achaea's combat was based on Avalon) and racked up a decent amount of 1v1 kills. Right now my only problem is the huge amount of spam in group fights, but I should be able to gag most of the spammy messages.

I'll have to admit though that Achaea has plenty of features that is making phone gameplay easier. Command queueing, serverside curing ... I'm liking it a lot. 

I always found playing from Nexus on my browser really weird. It doesn't really feel smooth and runs kinda slow. Maybe I'll give it a try again, but I've always felt more comfortable in Blowtorch.
  • Nexus on mobile runs a lot slower and clunkier than Blowtorch, for me.