Would You Like To See An Achaean Combat Video Game? (RTS/MOBA)

edited June 2017 in The Universal Membrane
No MMORPGs. Much of Achaea's Frankenstein'd lore wouldn't stand up in an MMORPG and they're extremely hard to make.

Graphical Pros
+Several compelling and unique classes and skills (Serpent, Occultist, Alchemist)
+Dynamic qualitative combat tactics more compelling than just quantitative hitpoints

Graphical Cons
-Curative-based combat is so fast that it would be difficult to present graphically, would be watered down and adjusted
-Content heavy, would require lots of animation

MOBA
1v1 duels in lane, plus something like Achaea's 3v3 teamfights, possibly certain arena modes.
-Difficult to translate Achaea's heavy micromanagement into MOBA controls. 
Using League for comparison, maybe swap Rune pages with Artefact pages
and swap Masteries with a user-programmable combo system with conditions to set attack patterns and reduce the micro load?
- some text abilities become 3D skillshots and there is more mobility than with Achaea's single-room mechanics

RTS
Think traditional medieval armies accompanied by mass jesters, magi, serpents, etc.
Gameplay would be similar to Achaea's raids and counter-raids, with a few powerful units invading and using auto-cast or player-cast abilities in tandem.
Possibly map levels based on Achaea's cities. Attack and conquer territories on a world map.
Certain class-based defenses and abilities would require research each match.
Faction-oriented strategies (Good, Evil, Chaos, Nature, Art, Science, etc.)
+Ship combat?
-Difficult to balance combat interactions between units, would be less macromanagement than most RTS players are used to.
-May require additional non-achaean unit types to flesh out unique factions. (Chaos knights, etc.)
-Hard to balance gameplay progression being too fast or slow.

Just doing a little thought experiment here. Anything here resonate with anybody?

Bonus question:
Which would be the hardest class to translate graphically?
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• Was gonna add an 'Other genre' option, but suggestions for rhythm games and dating sims are not welcome.
  • Didn't someone already play Achaea as a rhythm game by pking using their piano keyboard?
  • Khel said:
    Didn't someone already play Achaea as a rhythm game by pking using their piano keyboard?
    Yes they did. I remember that nerd. I don't remember which nerd but there was a nerd.
  • It was Iocun, or he was one of the ones who did
  • Let's get Earth Eternal v2.0, that game was amazing.

• Now that I think about it, a fighting game does make sense. Didn't even think of those. But the animations would have to be even more fluid and detailed since they're up close. Plus high-res models.
    MKX is basically all vivisections anyway. I'm not sure it would compete. Plus, fighting game strategy is very dependent on movement and positioning. Achaea's "footsie" game is non-existent.
  • If you could take part in the combat with a garbage can lid and a belt, then count me in!
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Kythra said:
    11/10 would want achaea dating sim. Lifelike with all the Minian loiterers. Would ship Atalkez x
    Farrah and Cooper x Proficy.
    For you it would be a rejection simulator.
  • With Dream Daddy I can finally live my bishy dreams to the max and ship Cooper x Proficy. Finally. :')
  • Cooper x Farrah dance cutscene imo.