What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Hey man, the only way to teach a monkey to stop throwing shit is to start throwing your own.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited May 2017
    6-12 RL days does seem unduly long, in the scale of things -- when other hindrances/environmental changes, from stonewalls to darkness, last only minutes.

Even Reclamation -- which could be seen as the forestals' antithetic version of extermination -- only lasts ~6hrs if their owner is gone.

A step toward global 2 RL day automatic healing of forests -- on or off plane -- seems even modest to me.
  • Krypton said:
    6-12 RL days does seem unduly long, in the scale of things -- when other hindrances/environmental changes, from stonewalls to darkness, last only minutes.

Even Reclamation -- which could be seen as the forestals' antithetic version of extermination -- only lasts ~6hrs if their owner is gone.

A step toward global 2 RL day automatic healing of forests -- on or off plane -- seems even modest to me.
    Honestly, if it lasted only an Achaean day or two, I'd be fine with it. It'd be doubly nice if forest defenses lasted the same length and only triggered on exterms. One can dream!
  • edited May 2017
    I think @Aodfionn is probably referring to me.  Torinn attacked him three times the day the bounties came out, never got a kill (didn't really try to get one), RP'd with him, and hasn't done anything about it since.  It saddens me that people jump so quickly to "didn't have cause, it's harassment" when of all people, I think he has some of the most cause.  Someone he was very close to and looked up to headed off to Mhaldor, mutilated his son, and now here's a leader of a city offering bounties on his enemy's head.  Torinn's a member of the Mark, and between everything that's happened in the past, that, and the anger he feels inside (though doesn't like to show) I think it was entirely justified.  But.. I mean this is the internet and if there's one thing that is globally true, it's that people will cry "harassment" for anything they didn't want to have happen to them whether it's actually harassment or not.  It just sucks I had to ruin potential roleplay by revealing all this potential story building to everyone else
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Farrah said:
    Um. I told a Targ they could collect bounties after we raided Mhaldor and had the heads because I don't see why not.

If that resulted in people roaming around ganking without cause, I'm sorry. I thought people understood pk rules at least...

:(
    #impeachfarrah

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited May 2017
    Torinn said:
    I think @Aodfionn is probably referring to me.  Torinn attacked him three times the day the bounties came out, never got a kill (didn't really try to get one), RP'd with him, and hasn't done anything about it since.  It saddens me that people jump so quickly to "didn't have cause, it's harassment" when of all people, I think he has some of the most cause.  Someone he was very close to and looked up to headed off to Mhaldor, mutilated his son, and now here's a leader of a city offering bounties on his enemy's head.  Torinn's a member of the Mark, and between everything that's happened in the past, that, and the anger he feels inside (though doesn't like to show) I think it was entirely justified.  But.. I mean this is the internet and if there's one thing that is globally true, it's that people will cry "harassment" for anything they didn't want to have happen to them whether it's actually harassment or not.  It just sucks I had to ruin potential roleplay by revealing all this potential story building to everyone else
    Not a single one of us have said "harassment" throughout the entirety of this, though.

If you want to attack Aodfionn, attack him for your own reasons. Don't hide behind "but there's bounties that this random Eleusian chick who has nothing to do with me!" They're not valid mark contracts. They're not even valid bounties. They're from someone who decided to let other people do the hard work for their faction, outside of the preset game mechanics. I have absolutely no problem with people who are raiding or whatever else for other reasons and hey, you get a few heads, might as well get some extra gold. That's fine. But using that post as a reason to attack in of itself is utter and complete bullshit, and that is the only thing we have an objection about.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    none of that would explain having Talamond or Siduri coming along for the adventure, which was more of what annoyed me. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Just trying to play up the ole "you're our sworn enemy, we hate you" angle.  I honestly don't think either attacked you but of course it's hard to tell in combat.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Aodfionn said:
    none of that would explain having Talamond or Siduri coming along for the adventure, which was more of what annoyed me. 
    Sorry about that, I don't think I realised that was a gank squad. Was late, hopefully I didn't hurt you!

• TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    I did, but I was just there to make scowly faces. Sorry it wasn't fun.
  • Moghedan Genocide                   4826/5000

So close and Moghedu gets locked... :(
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Taryius said:
    Moghedan Genocide                   4826/5000

So close and Moghedu gets locked... :(
    Looks like it's 174 trips to kill the mhun in Azdun then!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    there's a couple of other mhun hanging around outside of Azdun if you know where to look.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Moghedu's locked? I was in there like 15 minutes ago.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Some people have been dumping key sigils in the first room of Moghedu. I've been locked into it twice in the past two days. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
    @Cyr someone should issue these people for abusing bugs. :)
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm not sure who exactly has done it, or if it's been the same person every time. (or even if it is actually bug abuse)

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
    It's most certainly bug abuse.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    It's most certainly bug abuse.
    Why?

Sure, it can be used by someone to lock themselves in and hunt the place, but I also felt it could have been the GOM stopping people hunting, which tbh is fine with me. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
    Because players arent supposed to be able to lock that door. Regardless of whether or not its someone keeping it for themselves or keeping others out, I dont see any possible way for that to -not- be bug abuse.
    Huh. Neat.
    If a door is lockable at all, it's not bug abuse to key sigil it. I don't have keys to a single player storeroom -- it's not abuse if I sigil outside any storeroom.
    If a door isnt meant to be locked, and has been unlocked multiple times by the admins because precisely zero players can lock or unlock it, how is that not bug abuse?
    Huh. Neat.
    If a door wasn't meant to be lockable, the door's lock would be removed...
    Whatever you say fam.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Keep it lockable but give players a way to access a key? I quite like the fact that an indoor area like that might not always be available 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Keep it lockable but give players a way to access a key? I quite like the fact that an indoor area like that might not always be available 
    That would be like Kasmarkin. Nice Idea.

• You open the door to the in.

Great rock gate (indoors).

Lying flat on the ground is a key-shaped sigil. A mhun conjuror stands here, wielding an elemental staff. Standing attentively here is a mhun guard. Bow at the ready, a mhun archer stalks the halls.

You see exits leading north, west, and out (open door).

At the foot of the Vashnar Mountains.

The stars shine down from the sky above, bathing the arid land beneath their silvery light. A massive iron door looms above you. A ladder of long, soft leaves comprises a wispy Weaver's Fern along the ground. You may ENTER the WILDERNESS map from here.

You see exits leading northeast, east, south, west, northwest, and in (open door).

The door to the in slams shut.

P. sure it isn't the key sigil that's locking it.