What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Wtf. This isn't even that griefy. Try off-peak elder chopping wars.
  • ALWAYS WITH THE EVENTS ON SUNDAY
  • It's Saturday for the majority of the player base. 

• No.  The event conclusion happens on sunday.
  • I'm really mad I'm not on Eleusis' shit list!!!
    I always like making those kinds of lists.

parents are in town :( but also :)

• edited May 2017
    I honestly think it's fun and entertaining.  Anybody with half a brain would know not to PK the same person over and over and over simply because there's an "open bounty".  Not only that but Mhaldor has options.  It's certainly not zero risk for Merewyn.  You might just have to step up your game.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited May 2017
    Relying on the sense of common decency of Achaeans is naive or deeply ignorant, pick one. Already we've had people gank the same person repeatedly.

This would probably go over a lot better if Eleusians wouldn't immediately issue if something similar happened to them (based off them literally issuing over similar things in the past).
  • You've got to do it the Chicago way ...

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    It'd feel a little less like bullshit if Targossians weren't rolling in groups trying to collect on Eleusian bounties, but to each their own. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aodfionn said:
    It'd feel a little less like bullshit if Targossians weren't rolling in groups trying to collect on Eleusian bounties, but to each their own. 
    Name and shame.

Its against our law to assist enemies :)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • We're just decapping during the raids and selling them to get money for the city. :(
  • If that was all that was going on Aodfionn would probably not have posted what he did.
  • Kiet said:
    If that was all that was going on Aodfionn would probably not have posted what he did.
    I mean, did you even consider the possibility that maybe he was mistaken? Sounds like you didn't lol. Not that I have any idea either way, have barely logged on in days...just saying, if you don't actually know whats going on, probably shouldn't just automatically assume the guy on your team is correct!

• edited May 2017
    But maybe I do know what's going on and knew about it before Aodfionn posted?
  • All i'm saying is one of my people got touched..... I am pretty sure after all the years most of you have dealt with me, there has been nothing in my actions that would give any doubt about me doing what I said I am going to do.

• Klendathu said:
     (curare + epic = wasteful!)
    Depends on how your balance and song balance line up against their herb balance. Jab curare, eat bloodroot, sing epic definitely isn't wasteful.
  • And BTW, I love how you all let someone who never even Achaea's anymore, decide your fate....

Merewyn is here for like 5-10 minutes TOPS a day... Just logs on, throws you all to the wolves with a "cliché" 1-liner or 2 and then logs off. I think she has done more work here on forums the last 24 hours than she has in realms in a long while... But anyways that's that Green leadership for ya

• Given your hissy fit about @Alrena's pride in her combat in the Rants section, you saying something like "And if you have to lambast other people OOCly to demean their character in game, fuck off down the hole you crawled out of. " is pretty laughable, dude.

But, you're of the 'Do as I say, not as I do' crowd, right?
  • Daeir said:
    Man, this shit again. Exterminations always bring it out.

If a group of people are saying something isn't particularly fun for them (exterminations), they probably mean it. Especially when they've said it dozens of times every time the cycle of exterminating comes around again. "Nobody forces you to exterm they heal themselves naturally" is an absurdly dumb thing to say to a faction which has the chief goal of wardenship and protecting the forests. Of course they're going to feel compelled to fix what you've done - how can they justify to themselves ICly to simply leave it be? What kind of warden of the forest just leaves the forests be?

That's the kind of attitude that makes Exterms feel like obligations. Forests do heal themselves naturally. Taking it as a sign to show that no matter how many times they're burned down, they rise up again without help and seeing it as proof of Nature's strength. That's just one option. 

The whole problem is that you say "the chief goal of wardenship and protecting the forests" is the chief goal of Eleusis. But it's not. Unless they changed it back, Eleusis' goal is the wellbeing of ALL Nature. That does not mean jumping up and rushing to defend/rejuvenate, that means doing what you can to further the cause. 

Nobody is telling them to just enjoy rejuvenating dozens of rooms every day, ofcourse that's boring. Exterming in itself is also boring, it's only fun if we get a response and a fight. But it's absurdly dumb to say that they can't change their RP to make it more fun for them, or less of a chore. Who says those forests have to be extermed right away? Who says you gotta rush a ten man group by yourself and die for it? Those are choices you make as individuals. Without active Gods, it's entirely possible for Eleusian leadership to give some leeway to their members with some inspiring "Nature will overcome!" in the face of mass exterms.

That or exterms and forest defs get changed/deleted and this point is moot. But it's really no different than feeling you HAVE to re-raise all your shrines right now. I know Mhaldor for a time didn't bother raising them again, despite Sartan being their number one priority. If Mhaldor, under the iron fist of Sartan, can make that call, why shouldn't Eleusis?

tl;dr: if the RP is ruining your time online, change the RP. Yes, you can.
  • That or just don't log in. I think the problem is more behind the mechanics than the actual RP though.  It takes what ~10-15 seconds to exterm a room with no cost. Reducing and replanting that one room takes upwards of 2 minutes plus freshly harvested plants plus ice comm which can get pretty pricy when doing 100+ rooms a day. 

I have no quarrels with it though. As a long time player I knew getting into Eleusis I was going to have to face it. Just sucks when (esp with my schedule) you log in to play for the little time you have and it's spent defending/rejuving the entirety of that time just to log out and be like "I got nothing accomplished today on a personal level".

Yes people are being dicks about the retaliation. Yes the government's have the option to step in and tell certain people to quit being said dicks. But at the end of the day people are going to play the game their way. -shrug- oh well. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Antonius said:
    Klendathu said:
     (curare + epic = wasteful!)
    Depends on how your balance and song balance line up against their herb balance. Jab curare, eat bloodroot, sing epic definitely isn't wasteful.
    That did actually happen a couple of times, but by accident rather than design!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Maybe not in this specific scenario, but Eleusis would get a lot less exterms if they didn't for some reason ignore city raids but respond to exterms.
  • Um. I told a Targ they could collect bounties after we raided Mhaldor and had the heads because I don't see why not.

If that resulted in people roaming around ganking without cause, I'm sorry. I thought people understood pk rules at least...

:(
  • edited May 2017
    Alrena said:
    Actually, forests repair themselves in 6 RL days if Wispwalking ritual (Aeguary ritual) is completed. 

Second, it's hard for High Warden to claim being separate from Eleusis when they are a Hierophant. This is exactly why the first High Warden was deliberately NOT a Hierophant of Eleusis. It was a big surprise for me to see @Merewyn become Hiero when we were told by admins at the time that this was not supposed to happen. I'm not complaining that it did, but it makes the claim "I'm autonomous and separate from Eleusis" not carry much weight to Mhaldor. You put a price on our heads, being a High Warden AND a Hierophant of Eleusis. You can't turn off one title when it's convenient. Trust me, I know.

That said, just roll with it IC. I know some Mhaldorians are making efforts to make sure we don't get too griefy, but mass exterming is not griefing. It's something you can learn to deal with. Focus on only certain forests, let Nature repair itself. It's a week, sure, but we can't exterm what's already extermed. Nobody forces you to repair exterms, and nobody forces you to respond to exterms. I've been on Eleusis' side of things for longer than I've been on Mhaldor's. Fight when you feel like fighting. Rejuvenate if you feel like rejuvenating.

There's a lot you can do here, really. Talk to Mhaldor leadership, set terms for a (not official) war. Or negotiate terms to stop exterming. Rally Eleusis to raid Mhaldor, defile shrines. Lots of options!
    If no one is forcing them to repair exterms, I'm going to start. Weak sauce! Rolling with things IC is much better than ranting on forums. agreed. War system is stupid. Agreed. Not even when we had the numbers and people to rolfstomp Mhaldor several times over. Your terms to stop exterminating were ridiculous, ignored.