What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Been coding a system since I started Renek. A lot of ugly stuff. Finally sat down and cleaned it all up making it much more manageable to sort through and add things in the future.
  • Had a good 3v7 raid in Hashan!  It was really fun, and props to @Kenway for leading them!
  • edited May 2017
    Dochitha said:
    Why is mhaldorian green?
    My Mhaldorians are definitely blood red, my Hashani are ghostly blue-violet, my Ashtani are pagan orange, my Targossans are pure pale blue/white, and divine are goldenrod of course!

Why do I so seldom see goldenrod ... where are all the divine hiding?

• Grey for everyone because what's the point in colouring names.
  • Blue for friends, red for enemies, gray for everybody else.

• Green for Cyrenians, red for mhaldorian, blue for targossas, yellow for ashtan, orange hashan, purple eleusis, white rogue. 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    My colors go back to the olden days of citizen/enemy trackers where enemies were red and citizens were green. That's all I've got.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • No, but we can rewind time and be part of the action.
  • I've been gone for almost 2 weeks and I log back on to find my name on Eleusis' shit-list on public news:

Aegoth    - Herose    - Nyderrasethi  - Taryius
    Ailea     - Ionu      - Proficy       - Titonus
    Alrena    - Kiet      - Rajan         - Yinthatous
    Aodfionn  - Kitiara   - Saibel        - Zackery
    Cooper    - Llesvelt  - Seortiae      - Zanders
    Durian    - Lucianus  - Stheno        - Zelisia
    Hararu    - Melodie   - Suzuno        - Zii
    Herenicus

That's pretty funny. Half of those people are newbies.

And some of the combatants in Mhaldor who are way more active and have actually gone out to gank people frequently aren't even on this list.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • That's because you've extermed in the last week, according to the naturalisms and reports I've received. Those newbie have participated in over 400+ exterms in the last week. I've bountied those who are wreaking havoc on the forests and griefing us. Hundreds of exterms in a single day, multiple days in a row, is complete and utter BS. In order to maintain RP, we then have to spend HOURS every night repairing that damage, leaving some of us with no time to do anything else before we have to hit the sack for work the next morning. There is absolutely no legitimate  reason to exterminate so much. All it takes is one to start a fight. Exterms, contrary to popular belief,do NOT repair themselves very quickly, it actually takes so long, we don't even know what the time frame is. All we've heard is that it does, never seen it ourselves, and a room found RL days later will still not be healed. It costs time, gold, and resources to repair, and none of us play this game so we can spend the entirety of our time fixing rooms.
  • edited May 2017
    Merewyn said:
    In order to maintain RP, we then have to spend HOURS every night repairing that damage ---There is absolutely no legitimate  reason to exterminate so much. <snipperoo>  It costs time, gold, and resources to repair, and none of us play this game so we can spend the entirety of our time fixing rooms.
    Well. I mean. Mhaldorians have to spend a lot of time replacing totems that your asshat citizens keep uprooting and replacing with their own. Curb the asshole behaviour of your own citizenry and it will stop, that's been said more than once already. You don't want to, so you get to deal with exterms.

What is your "legitimate reason" for letting them do that, hmm? They definitely have a reason to retaliate, if you don't want to stop them doing that. It also costs time, gold and resources to restore totems, when the other side takes them. Untotemed rooms also don't repair themselves AT ALL.

I'm not even Mhaldorian and I have zero sympathy. 

PS. Open "bounties" on people aren't a thing that's permitted. Don't do it. Unless they're a mark, then go for it.
  • For a single participation, certain people get punished for it? You don't even have everyone who participated on it.

Negotiate with the leaders and those who led it. You don't go after the subordinates. That'll just worsen the situation and ruin any chance for diplomacy.

Choosing to play the griefing game doesn't justify your cause or give your org any moral high ground. It just sinks the ship with everyone on it.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Today I played government. I am tired, but it was satisfying. pls stop making me write everything tho

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Ehene said:
    Today I played government. I am tired, but it was satisfying. pls stop making me write everything tho
    I was gonna offer, but they turned straight to your literary superiority.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Merewyn said:
    That's because you've extermed in the last week, according to the naturalisms and reports I've received. Those newbie have participated in over 400+ exterms in the last week. I've bountied those who are wreaking havoc on the forests and griefing us. Hundreds of exterms in a single day, multiple days in a row, is complete and utter BS. In order to maintain RP, we then have to spend HOURS every night repairing that damage, leaving some of us with no time to do anything else before we have to hit the sack for work the next morning. There is absolutely no legitimate  reason to exterminate so much. All it takes is one to start a fight. Exterms, contrary to popular belief,do NOT repair themselves very quickly, it actually takes so long, we don't even know what the time frame is. All we've heard is that it does, never seen it ourselves, and a room found RL days later will still not be healed. It costs time, gold, and resources to repair, and none of us play this game so we can spend the entirety of our time fixing rooms.
    I'm starting to get really annoyed at repeating myself, but just in case you actually don't know despite Eleusis having been notified IC and OOC via messages and tells, having posted it several times on the forums, on several OOC clans, and in the Achaean discord chat...

The exterminations started because Greoth and Andraste uprooted double digit numbers of totems in Mhaldor when we had 0 people online, for 4 RL days in a row. We exterminated a forest for each of those RL days, and shouted about it each time making note of the totem issue along with the tells to Eleusians. We also made 100% sure that Eleusis had more than double the number of non-novice defenders available for each of these exterminations.

Eleusis responded by uprooting totems for two more days when we had 0 people online, and doing a crusade against Sartan under similar circumstances.

We exterminated two more forests, Aegoth made his post, and we were planning to stop after that even if you didn't unenemy us.

Then you made your world wide bounty post on newbies, people who hadn't exterminated, and of course pretty much the entire leadership of Mhaldor. Yep, we're going to be pretty ticked off IC about that, and we're going to do something about it. That post pretty much made us take our kid gloves off regarding our treatment of you, and you can expect daily mass exterminations and raids until you fix that situation you created.

Literally all you had to do was 'tell Andraste Stop uprooting totems in Mhaldor when no one is around;tell Greoth stop uprooting totems in Mhaldor when no one is around;ct Do not assist Andraste and Greoth in uprooting totems in Mhaldor when no one is around'.

To call what we're doing griefing and saying there is absolutely no reason for it is extremely pathetic and laughable. You and Eleusis did some really shitty things and are being paid back for it.

Also, as "High Warden", you have no clue how forest rejuvenation works. Might want to check that out.

• Merewyn said:
    That's because you've extermed in the last week, according to the naturalisms and reports I've received. Those newbie have participated in over 400+ exterms in the last week. I've bountied those who are wreaking havoc on the forests and griefing us. Hundreds of exterms in a single day, multiple days in a row, is complete and utter BS. In order to maintain RP, we then have to spend HOURS every night repairing that damage, leaving some of us with no time to do anything else before we have to hit the sack for work the next morning. There is absolutely no legitimate  reason to exterminate so much. All it takes is one to start a fight. Exterms, contrary to popular belief,do NOT repair themselves very quickly, it actually takes so long, we don't even know what the time frame is. All we've heard is that it does, never seen it ourselves, and a room found RL days later will still not be healed. It costs time, gold, and resources to repair, and none of us play this game so we can spend the entirety of our time fixing rooms.
    You're going to end up getting issued. You're not even allowed to post city bounties except for very specific circumstances, what makes you think you can just take out public bounties?

Also yeah even I know how long it takes for rooms to rejuv. Why are you high warden if you don't know that?
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Fuck yes the mortal figurehead of Nature can legitimately call for the heads of any exterminators.

Hello???
  • edited May 2017
    Sure and then the Tyrannus can just PK anyone who opposes Evil at all times. Fair's fair.

He'll be seeing you at NoNT, Krypton.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    "If ewe say sew."
    -Prophecy, probably.
  • This back and forth between Mhaldor and Eleusis is a lot more fun to read as IC public news posts and watch with deathsight. Your organisations are at war. Roll with the punches and enjoy it while it lasts. If you can't enjoy it, negotiate peace or move to Cyrene. OOC rants about griefing and fairness belong in the sewers.

Remember, cities never really get wiped from the map (Yeah, Shallam evolved into Targossas). You will win some battles, and lose others. You can't enjoy a victory without the other side enduring some loss. Achaea has drama and intrigue. It's what makes it fun, but it's better when the drama is between our characters rather than between players.

• Yay everybody will be open PK to everybody! 
  • edited May 2017
    The problem is Eleusis doesn't actually want to go to war. They want to take out 'bounties' at no risk to themselves, which is different. I really doubt anyone in Mhaldor minds the action overall, but it's asinine for Merewyn to do what she did.

If Proficy literally started PKing people and giving the reason 'enemy of Evil' and nothing else people would start freaking out. He, like everyone else, is limited in who he can actually PK, and there's a reason you can only take out one city bounty on people at a time. Merewyn's post is saying 'sure, PK this novice 30 times.'

If you want to go to war, go to actual war. Be like a popular anime pirate and put something on the line.
  • I have no issues if Eleusis or High warden or whatever wants to pay for the heads of Mhaldorians but it has be crystal fucking clear that this does not give open PK to any Mhaldorian listed...

If you want to encourage Targ or Ashtan to raid Mhaldor so they can turn the heads they decapitate into gold I'm down for that, sounds fun. But wanting city enemies and others to gank Mhaldorian novices under the excuse, some person told me it was okay is just idiotic.