Quick Questions

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Monk sucks. For sure.  I still can't figure out why people think thoths and dragon is good, though.  
  • Thoth's is significantly faster than gut and incantation. 

• edited May 2017
    Dochitha said:

My personal scores without taking battlerage into consideration, artied,
    Serpent 3.9, shaman 3.3, bard 3.1, dwc 3.05, alchie 2.8, monk 2.8, fang dragon 2.5. just for comparison, DW sucks at 1.3. 

Update after Classleads 3: DW improved a lot!

Serpent 3.9, Shaman 3.3, Bard 3.1, DWC 3.05, Alchie 2.8, Monk 2.8, fang dragon 2.5, DW 2.3.

These are assuming L3 weapons if they have, and stat maxed with accessible trait, race, and L3 stats. These are DPS score, non-crit, not factoring in battlerage, defense, armor etc... Just pure DPS, measured. Also my personal measurement and scoring hitting my hippogriff vs time, you can have your scoring and belief I am not going to argue. I greathunted in Shaman mostly, and Bard if I need cantata.
  • Why factor lvl 3 stats and weapons? The number of the population that have that is tiny. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Why factor lvl 3 stats and weapons? The number of the population that have that is tiny. 

• Because that's what Dochitha has. He's just saying that's the order for him, fully artied.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/QJ1ftfEC

I tried to do AXK/hkp/hfp, but only AXK went through, the punches did not, and I do have arm balance... 
    Some odd times the punches can go through, some times no. What did I do wrong?
  • edited May 2017
    You're sending them as singular things instead of using combo, that I noticed immediately. Not sure why they didn't fire, but that will probably fix it.

Also I think you typo, hkp isn't a thing is it? You did hkp/hfp in the second combo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited May 2017
    Atalkez said:
    You're sending them as singular things instead of using combo, that I noticed immediately. Not sure why they didn't fire, but that will probably fix it.

Combo solved it, thank you!!
  • Atalkez said:

Also I think you typo, hkp isn't a thing is it? You did hkp/hfp in the second combo.

Hkp is the torso punch, nub (things I know now that I actually play monk, woo).

I don't understand why the punches didn't work in the log though... Punches don't have to be combo'd.
  • Oh, look at that.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Is there a Nexus equivalent of the fantastic Mudlet bashing script that @Keneanung made?
  • There is a not very complete and old javascript port for Nexus. If someone wants to have a look, they can at https://github.com/AchaeaBashingScript/Bashing.js (I should add the nxs file at some point, I guess)
  • That would be super helpful! 
  • @Anze There you go: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AchaeaBashingScript/Bashing.js/master/Reflex Package Bashing 2017-5-16.nxs

It may be incomplete, at some points outright broken and it's missing battlerage, because the port is from when battlerage didn't exist. But I'm happy to accept changes and additions
  • @Keneanung The release branch is out of date, but switching to the master branch in my reflexes configuration made at least the core functionality work for me (didn't try fleeing though). I'll poke around a bit more and see about adding in Battlerage support, at least, giving people on the Nexus client the option.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Does SoA proc only block cutting/blunt, or all damage types?

Tested earlier and it didn't block incantation, rend, bite, gut, punch or kick, but I think that's cause the person I was testing with is bugged.
    Huh. Neat.
    edited May 2017
    Also, is it possible to cancel Gare? (assuming you don't have eq artie)
    Huh. Neat.
  • SoA is only blunt/cutting, and certain finishers are excepted.
  • Ahmet said:
    Also, is it possible to cancel Gare? (assuming you don't have eq artie)

Paralysis stops it, if you have it when you would complete ptv

@Atalkez I meant to cancel your own gare.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Paralysis / Sleep stops PTV.
    Too bad you can't relax insomnia off-eq. Oh well.
    Huh. Neat.
  • web stops it too
  • Ahmet said:
    Too bad you can't relax insomnia off-eq. Oh well.
    You can do this if you have a diadem. You'll recover EQ before the gare completes. Why it's almost impossible to actually stop a dragon who has one, since they can dragonheal before gare completes, then it'll go through.
  • The Gare delay is pretty random, so you don't always recover EQ first, but between dragonheal and off-EQ dragonflex it is pretty hard to stop.
  • If I wanted to learn more about how the spirits in spiritlore relate to Achaean history, where should I start?
  • Are there any books on the topic? Npcs you could talk to?  If not, we can make up some stuff!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    Are there any books on the topic? Npcs you could talk to?  If not, we can make up some stuff!
    I think I love you
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If I wanted to learn more about how the spirits in spiritlore relate to Achaean history, where should I start?
    There is a journal in the New Thera library written by Bluef that has the entire event recorded of when shamans got runelore. You could start there.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.