Mudlet 3.0.0 Delta -Major Issue

Good afternoon!

I am still on Mudlet 3.0.0 Delta. Today and yesterday I've run into the issue that when I try to open the trigger/alias/code/button editing window it will not work. A new mudlet window opens out of focus, but the window is blank and I am unable to bring it into focus/to the top.

I have tried restarting mudlet numerous times and restarting my computer. No luck. Any suggestions?

I know there is a new mudlet out but I had everything as I wanted it with Delta. I did not want to really be forced to update like this.

Comments

• Tahquil said:
    Good afternoon!

I am still on Mudlet 3.0.0 Delta. Today and yesterday I've run into the issue that when I try to open the trigger/alias/code/button editing window it will not work. A new mudlet window opens out of focus, but the window is blank and I am unable to bring it into focus/to the top.

I have tried restarting mudlet numerous times and restarting my computer. No luck. Any suggestions?

I know there is a new mudlet out but I had everything as I wanted it with Delta. I did not want to really be forced to update like this.
    You won't lose anything by updating. Your profiles persist through updates.
  • 3.1 is really solid. 10/10 worth the upgrade
  • Upgraded.

Shit still broke.
  • I recently reverted back to Mudlet 2.1.

I was running Mudlet 3.0.0, and it worked perfectly until I went to create a more complex script. After asking several people, the script should've worked, and the only difference between my version and a version I sent a friend to test is that I was on 3.0.0 and he was on 2.1. I switched back, tested the script, and it worked perfectly. Pretty frustrating, and I'll never upgrade past 2.1 again.

• Tahquil said:
    Good afternoon!

Maybe something changed with your video card recently? Could you post a screenshot of what happens?
  • Solnir said:

I recently reverted back to Mudlet 2.1.

I was running Mudlet 3.0.0, and it worked perfectly until I went to create a more complex script. After asking several people, the script should've worked, and the only difference between my version and a version I sent a friend to test is that I was on 3.0.0 and he was on 2.1. I switched back, tested the script, and it worked perfectly. Pretty frustrating, and I'll never upgrade past 2.1 again.

Sorry to hear about your experience! Would love to fix the problem - could you PM me the script so I could have a look at what's wrong?
  • @Vadimuses  : Very hard to take a screenshot of it. Clicking any of the top row alias/trigger/buttons/script buttons opens the usual extra window that would be on top and the editor. Instead it is blank and I can't bring it to the top.

Hovering over the blank box.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Does this happen on all profles? Could be a video setting, try clicking the restore icon so you're not viewing mudlet in fullscreen - maybe the scripting window is on another (non-existant) screen

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Vadimuses I'll send you the script and an accurate description of the problem when I get home from work (2-3 hours).
  • Script sent.
  • Will have a look!
  • We got the issue resolved but I'm not sure what was the problem :/. The code was assuming all GMCP tables were prepopulated all the time so I premade a few empty ones to reduce the errors so we could see the real problem, but then just initialising the system worked!
  • Tahquil are you still having your problem?
  • I will, at some stage, have access to a second monitor again this weekend. I'll update when I investigate that line of enquiry, 

@Vadimuses
  • Oh, so it's not an issue on a single monitor?
  • @Vadimuses

The issue was that I was on a single monitor. I've had the chance to plug in a second monitor again and Klendathu was right, it was trying to display the scripting monitor on a non-existant second monitor.

I've fixed it now, dragging everything for mudlet to display on the main monitor only.
  • Thanks for following up on this!