What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• If we eliminate Lyrin, then it's only fair to get rid of Rangor, and it ends up being even! Silly sylvans.
  • Picked up the harvesting and remedies tradeskill. Thanks @Mhaldor for making me feel like a legit forestal as a sentinel. Oh and replanting 131 rooms sucks btw
  • Renek said:
    Picked up the harvesting and remedies tradeskill. Thanks Mhaldor for making me feel like a legit forestal as a sentinel. Oh and replanting 131 rooms sucks btw

I'd honestly be on board with easier replanting....so long as they bring back the ability to set forests on fire >>
  • Did we really get 131? Seems like a small price to pay for andrasteoth trying to uproot totems at 8 am semi-daily.
  • Kiet said:
    Did we really get 131? Seems like a small price to pay for andrasteoth trying to uproot totems at 8 am semi-daily.
    That's what the logs said. Between EI, Black, Darkenwood and a few others yeah. Also thanks @Kiet for lvl 78 lol
  • Yeah. That was a direct response to Greoth and Andraste uprooting in city totems at 3-5am 4 separate times when we didn't have a single person online.

You can expect us to retaliate a few more times. 

• Asmodron said:
    Renek said:
    Picked up the harvesting and remedies tradeskill. Thanks Mhaldor for making me feel like a legit forestal as a sentinel. Oh and replanting 131 rooms sucks btw

I'd honestly be on board with easier replanting....so long as they bring back the ability to set forests on fire >>
    It's actually not that bad right now. Since you can't overharvest and with the rules we have set it's already easy enough. Takes about a minute for each room.  Plus when you have 5+ replanting at once it goes by quick
  • Cooper said:
    Yeah. That was a direct response to Greoth and Andraste uprooting in city totems at 3-5am 4 separate times when we didn't have a single person online.

Just sucks when we don't have the power to fight back but I understand the whole attack while they are not there. I look forward to more fun!
  • edited May 2017
    We attacked when you had potentially  2-3 times our numbers and several people with experience leading, that's hardly us attacking when you're not there (unless you mean their attack on us while we were literally not there).

Also you can have your level 78! :p Good trade for a few % at level 99.

Daeir said:
    Nobody wins when you start the game of off-peak griefing. It just escalates endlessly.
    The retaliation wasn't off-peak griefing, just regular-timezone-skirmishing.

• Renek said:
    Cooper said:
    Yeah. That was a direct response to Greoth and Andraste uprooting in city totems at 3-5am 4 separate times when we didn't have a single person online.

Just sucks when we don't have the power to fight back but I understand the whole attack while they are not there. I look forward to more fun!
    You guys had just about 25 possible defenders off your cwho, and repeatedly attacked us with groups of 10 or more. The biggest our group got was 11 at the same time. This was peak online time, just after serenade on a Saturday.

Like usual @Daeir doesn't have a clue what happened but jumps into the conversation anyway.

• Cooper said:

What has 3-5am got to do with it? You do realise there are people that play this game outside of the US and outside of a standard 9-5 working day?

Time zones are a cop out in the "You did this, so we will do that" argument. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Cooper said:

What has 3-5am got to do with it? You do realise there are people that play this game outside of the US and outside of a standard 9-5 working day?

Because they came in and uprooted totems when we had 0 people online. Not 1 or 2, 0. We've had to re-ink probably 50 totems, implant 10-15, and uproot several of theirs.

They also flame sigiled about 40 pairs of panties all around Mhaldor.

Nothing about what we did was over the top. At the beginning of our attack we made sure they had plenty of people around to defend, it was peak playing hours, and I set a max time limit of 2 hours for us to skirmish/exterm. We only ended up using an hour and 10 minutes of that time. The time they did it was irrelevant, the 0 people for us was the relevant part.

• I don't think noting the time of attack has anything to do with someone being self-centric. Peak times for each city are pretty easily definable.
  • Does not seem like it's an unfair retaliation. Should do it more, because I hardly seem to be around at timings when these things actually happen!
  • First post.

As a new forestal, I've got to say that last night's exterms were a really enriching experience. Obviously it would have been better if we had been able to stop you, but it was great seeing Eleusis rally together. It's the most community-building I've seen in my relatively short time here.

It also helped me realize that I really need to learn how to fight, since I was basically stuck spamming thornrend like a useless idiot. However, this blind squirrel somehow did find a nut in the form of @Cooper, which is just fantastic for my story equity.

Sorry about the lucksack shot, @Cooper.

• Haha, it's all good. We held off targeting you until the end of each skirmish because we knew you were newish. I did get bodied hard in one of the last skirmishes.

• edited May 2017
    If Andraste/Greoth only played at 5 am EST, it'd be sort of understandable.

They have playtimes spanning several hours every day, and very obviously try this when there's no one on QW MHALDOR.

You're naive or obtuse if you think this has anything to do with them being unable to play at 'better' times. Mhaldor is only fully empty about 1-2 hours a day, and they did this repeatedly.
  • 5am EST I usually see like... 4-5 Mhaldorians on QW.

Usually Reyson, Vika, Alrena, and Kiet.  Don't get me wrong, I ain't defending them because I've been hearing shit of Andraste griefing anyone that raids.  Killing them for infamy until they're not infamous.. then taking the city bounty placed on them to kill them some more.

All in all, 9/10 would have loved to watch.
  • My schedule's irregular, but the one time I caught them doing it it was closer to 7 AM EST, so you're right.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    edited May 2017
    EDIT: Disregard. Thought Renek was Reyson.

• Harvesting is definitely a no-no in Mhaldor. I think Renek is Eleusian though. He just meant thank you for exterminating because it gave him the pleasure of replanting.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Cooper said:
    Harvesting is definitely a no-no in Mhaldor. I think Renek is Eleusian though. He just meant thank you for exterminating because it gave him the pleasure of replanting.
    Yes, you're right. Edited my post.

• edited May 2017
    Good thing we're getting even! How dare they uproot totems while someone is asleep!

Lol.

Slap on something IG though, dropping panties around Mhaldor is just outrageous.

Every new player has to learn that uprooting totem is fun, but reimplanting your own as a consequence is not as much fun. Uproot our totems instead!
  • Cooper said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Cooper said:

Because they came in and uprooted totems when we had 0 people online. Not 1 or 2, 0. We've had to re-ink probably 50 totems, implant 10-15, and uproot several of theirs.

Nothing about what we did was over the top. At the beginning of our attack we made sure they had plenty of people around to defend, it was peak playing hours, and I set a max time limit of 2 hours for us to skirmish/exterm. We only ended up using an hour and 10 minutes of that time. The time they did it was irrelevant, the 0 people for us was the relevant part.
    I'm not saying you have no room to be pissed, raiding / damaging a city in a multiplayer game when you know there isn't anyone to oppose you is poor form. I just see no need to post times, it's very.. American centric of you

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Cooper said:

Honestly, the only thing that is funny and awesomely so about this whole thing.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
          foraymappieces
        1 The top of a map fragment              1     forays     mapfragmenttop
        1 The bottom of a map fragment           1     forays     mapfragmentbottom

Rave: Two down

Rant: Thirty to go
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited May 2017
    You right @Cooper and @Kiet our cwho did outnumber your cwho. But our defense group was 2-3 short of yours when I joined up. And I was more referring to your groups combat ability against ours. Most of your group was known for 1 on 1 abilities sans like 2 or 3 of your group that I have never heard of. Our group had like 2-3 decent people.  Also leading experience does not equate to combat experience. It's very easy to say follow me and say target x person. Most of Eleusis group combat consists of <insert hunting attack here> with very few people actually hindering/venoming properly. Its something we are working on teaching new combatants but usually when something like this goes on we tell all the little ones to run and hide. Plus not everyone was defending last night. A good group of people were rejuving and harvesting to be ready to fix everything.  But don't get me wrong. I enjoy a good challenge and fight. I expect people to raid/exterm us. Its what I excepted as part of my IC ideology. However I cannot speak for others in this city nor will I try. /forumrp SO BRING IT ON HEATHENS. DEATH DOESNT SCARE ME/forumrp.

my log counts 18 people when I logged in. 4 of those being small noncomms and 2-3 of them harvesting or afk. We had like like 11 of us grouped to attack. To your 14. 
  • But like I said. I ain't mad. I enjoyed it.
  • I counted 21 non gemmed Eleusians when they started. Though I might of recognized 3 of them