Achaean Raves

Comments

• Renek said:
    Caelan said:no
    Rangor said:
    Lots of fun skirmishing and raiding with Eleusis today!
    Damnit. Left work and sitting at my son's soccer practice for another hour. Sonofa...
    Better than doing yard work all day
    That is what my weekends consist of.  And soccer.  Except this weekend is supposed to pour rain.  So my yard work will be pushed back most likely, causing an even bigger backlog.

• Rave for everyone who has made me feel welcomed back to the game. I left the game feeling like I didn't really make an impact, and it meant a lot to see and hear from people who remembered or missed me. :')

Additional rave for the myriad of changes that have occurred since I left. Seeing so many systems (that I was told would NEVER happen) being implemented for the good of the game means that the administration is taking feedback seriously and they're making a much more dynamic, interesting game by extension.
  • Chord said:
    Rave for everyone who has made me feel welcomed back to the game. I left the game feeling like I didn't really make an impact, and it meant a lot to see and hear from people who remembered or missed me. :')

Additional rave for the myriad of changes that have occurred since I left. Seeing so many systems (that I was told would NEVER happen) being implemented for the good of the game means that the administration is taking feedback seriously and they're making a much more dynamic, interesting game by extension.
    Oooh! Was wondering if you were coming back after taking to you last! Super excited to have some "family" be around!! Welcome back!!
  • edited May 2017
    Oops wrong thread

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Rangor said:
    Caelan said:
    Rangor said:
    Lots of fun skirmishing and raiding with Eleusis today!
    Damnit. Left work and sitting at my son's soccer practice for another hour. Sonofa...
    Put away the phone and start cheering for your son. If he's not embarrassed by the end of practice you're doing it wrong! This is the only way to escape years and years and years of soccer matches.
    My mom used to do that to me.  She used to yell all kinds of shit during games.  Baseball and soccer.  Like, MA STFU!!!   She told the biggest dickhead in school who liked to try and fight me (at the time, probably the scrawniest dude in school) "Shut the fuck up Tony, you're full of hot air!" at one game.  Was hilarious but.. damn it ma!     I cheer him on at games but 2 practices a week, all weekend of soccer matches because the coach apparently has no life, tournaments over every goddamn holiday...  He can just practice. :D   Plus, there's high school soccer too.  FML That's coming up again too!

• Ever considered adoption?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    Ever considered adoption?
    I think you're too old to be adopted.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Caelan said:
    but 2 practices a week
    That's it? Only two? Lucky! Try 5 nights a week and every saturday morning! Also, Christmas break is considered "hell week". 6 am practice every day of break.
  • Haha. Ya. Going to have to give you that one. One enough for me!
    Xaden said:
    Klendathu said:
    All you people with just one or two kids. Easy street. I have 5.
    No televisions in Wales?
    S4C :(

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Jadys said:
    Caelan said:
    but 2 practices a week
    That's it? Only two? Lucky! Try 5 nights a week and every saturday morning! Also, Christmas break is considered "hell week". 6 am practice every day of break.
    You missed the part with high school soccer, which is every day.  So every day for high school, then 2 of those nights I'm running to his other practice (with weekend games), then Friday nights he has drum lessons..  and then band practice... :D  

• Klendathu said:
    All you people with just one or two kids. Easy street. I have 5.
    I have 3.  One in college, one's a junior in high school, my youngest is a freshman

• edited May 2017
    When I had football practice, I would pick up my shoes, say bye bye to my parents and run 300 m to the football field. You guys have it rough.
  • Uphill both ways?   And I said soccer, not football :D:D:D

• Is soccer the one where the have a fashion catwalk leading to and from the stadiums?
  • Xaden said:
    Rango is European, there's no such thing as soccer. It's football. Not your American hand-egg shit.
    I'm pretty sure that was the entire point of the  =)=)=) at the end of his post.

Damn Americans stealing shit and just renaming it... At least when they stole rugby, they changed it slightly by adding padding to protect their sissy asses.
  • Xaden said:
    Rango is European, there's no such thing as soccer. It's football. Not your American hand-egg shit.
    The term soccer was invented in Europe.

• Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:
    I'm pretty sure that was the entire point of the  =)=)=) at the end of his post.

Damn Americans stealing shit and just renaming it... At least when they stole rugby, they changed it slightly by adding padding to protect their sissy asses.
    You mean like how rugby stole its name from association football?  heheh.  

And @Cooper is right.  Well played!

Cooper said:
    Xaden said:
    The term soccer was invented in Europe.
    Just one of the many reasons for Brexit. :trollface:

• edited May 2017
    Caelan said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:

You mean like how rugby stole its name from association football?  heheh.  
    Wat. Two entirely different games, friend. 
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited May 2017
    Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:

If Rugby players hit one another anywhere near as hard as NFL players, they'd likely be dead or permanently maimed before the end of their first contract. That's why the President of the United States had to sit down with the football powers and demand things like pads and helmets. 

Bitch please. 

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • edited May 2017
    Aodfionn said:
    If Rugby players hit one another anywhere near as hard as NFL players, they'd likely be dead or permanently maimed before the end of their first contract.

If you've seen some of the injuries that have occurred in rugby you wouldn't have had to make this post.
    Here's a list to name a few. And they're not even close to being the worst ones.

Please.

eta: Here's some more. (graphic warning for this one, click at your own risk) - look at the last one, lol.
    eta2: You can easily find more, worse ones, with a quick 10 second google.
    eta3: Decided to rejog my memory a little bit. People HAVE died playing, and not in pleasant ways.
  • Are we really arguing over which people sports the hardest. Sportsing is for nerds, anyway
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    sportsing is for people who play D&D and fire magic missiles
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Any proper contact sport can leave you pretty messed up, as long as it's a full contact sport. Besides, trying to call out your toughness based on sports played by others is already weak, I only played for little local stuff for Aussie football and I ended up with numerous concussions, shattered hand, elbow, tailbone, not including boatloads of punctured skin, teeth through my lips, bleeding and all the good stuff.

It hurts, but it was an awesome part of my life.
  • @Dochitha, @Keorin, @Klaw, @Torinn, thanks lots for being around to help with House required fights. Was a fun afternoon!