Should I Just Start Over?

Comments

• Yeah, I'm just going to start over in any city but Mhaldor. -_-;
  • Marisella said:
    Eleusis is always an option, if you want to preserve the lessons you've invested in your class skills. But I caution you to learn a little bit about Eleusis before making that decision, because it's also changed a bit.
    Right. I doubt you can actually join any city other than Eleusis without quitting your class, anyway. But Eleusis will want you to be against Mhaldor, Targossas, Ashtan, and Hashan ideally, so like Marisella said, make sure you learn about it first. Otherwise you'll end up in the same conundrum as you just now had with 'but I only want to oppose one thing'
  • Kiet said:
    Marisella said:
    Eleusis is always an option, if you want to preserve the lessons you've invested in your class skills. But I caution you to learn a little bit about Eleusis before making that decision, because it's also changed a bit.
    Right. I doubt you can actually join any city other than Eleusis without quitting your class, anyway. But Eleusis will want you to be against Mhaldor, Targossas, Ashtan, and Hashan ideally, so like Marisella said, make sure you learn about it first. Otherwise you'll end up in the same conundrum as you just now had with 'but I only want to oppose one thing'
    Long ago, I tried to join Shallam, because I didn't understand that I couldn't, and when I tried to go back to Eleusis, the current leader was like, "No, screw you for being new and not understanding how important your allegiances to cities are." (No offense if he still plays. I understand his actions, but it was devastating at the time.) So I was like, "I seriously don't know what this game wants me to do." =_= 
  • edited May 2017
    You can either:

a) stay Mhaldorian and druid
    b) join Eleusis and stay druid
    c) go rogue and be druid

Or change class. Those are your only avenues for keeping your class, but three choices is pretty decent.
  • Unfortunately, all I can say now is that I'll think about it.
  • Or you can completely reinvent your character. It's been a long time since you've awakened, could be that your values have also changed since then. I did the same when I reawoke, and it's done me well so far!
  • Best thing to do is join a city you'll be happy in both from an IC standpoint and an OOC standpoint. If either of those isn't the case, leave the city. Best place for a Druid is Eleusis, they just accept you more than anyone else, especially from an RP standpoint. People are pretty accepting when it comes to long dormancies usually.
  • It really sounds like you are just trying to find any excuse to quit mhaldor, because several mhaldorians have said you will be fine in mhaldor. If you wanna drama queen it up over something as insignificant as forest enemying, then just close the thread and gtfo
  • edited May 2017
    Adiós! Ciao! Hasta luego! Dueces!

Good luck.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Aloha 
  • Aegoth said:
    It really sounds like you are just trying to find any excuse to quit mhaldor, because several mhaldorians have said you will be fine in mhaldor. If you wanna drama queen it up over something as insignificant as forest enemying, then just close the thread and gtfo
    I'm a Druid, so if I recall correctly, being an enemy of the forest it is that bad. I absolutely want to stay in Mhaldor, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the game has changed to the point where playing in Mhaldor as a Druid has deteriorated far beyond when I left.

I really don't think trying to make an informed decision makes me a drama queen.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    A forums brainstorming session is not the key to making an informed decision.

You should be exploring your options IC... i.e., playing Razara to see firsthand if you can still make it as a Druid in Mhaldor; and testing other options (Druid in Eleusis, X class in X city, etc.) with alts, whatever, to see if something else suits your fancy better nowadays.

Also, in case it turns out being the latter, character retirement/credit transfer (HELP RETIREMENT) is a thing now.
  • Krypton said:
    A forums brainstorming session is not the key to making an informed decision.

You should be exploring your options IC... i.e., playing Razara to see firsthand if you can still make it as a Druid in Mhaldor; and testing other options (Druid in Eleusis, X class in X city, etc.) with alts, whatever, to see if something else suits your fancy better nowadays.

Also, in case it turns out being the latter, character retirement/credit transfer (HELP RETIREMENT) is a thing now.
    Asking for an opinion on the forum can't be all that bad, since it would have taken me substantially longer to know that character retirement was an option by creating an alt. Thank you.
  • Razara said:
    Aegoth said:
    It really sounds like you are just trying to find any excuse to quit mhaldor, because several mhaldorians have said you will be fine in mhaldor. If you wanna drama queen it up over something as insignificant as forest enemying, then just close the thread and gtfo
    I'm a Druid, so if I recall correctly, being an enemy of the forest it is that bad. I absolutely want to stay in Mhaldor, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the game has changed to the point where playing in Mhaldor as a Druid has deteriorated far beyond when I left.

I really don't think trying to make an informed decision makes me a drama queen.
    People have told you multiple times, as forestals and as Mhaldorians both, that it's not actually a big deal. You're not listening.
  • How do I close the thread if most comments are no longer constructive in any way?
  • How is telling you that your conceptions about what being a druid enemied to a forest is like are wrong not being constructive? You're wrong about something, and you're stubbornly sticking to it as if you're willing it to be true so that you have an excuse to.. I don't even know what. 

BEING ENEMIED TO THE FOREST DOESN'T MATTER AS A MHALDORIAN DRUID. IT JUST INCREASES YOUR SUNLIGHT COST FOR SKILLS
  • I have all the information I need, so there's no need to get angry.
  • @Nicola @Makarios

As said above.

Should just close the thread now before any more toes are stepped on. :)
  • Verquisse said:
    @Nicola @Makarios

As said above.

Should just close the thread now before any more toes are stepped on. :)
    I wholeheartedly agree.
  • edited May 2017
    Instead of arguing how this dude is a quitter, how dare you leave Mhaldor let's try and educate them on modern Achaea factions, hmmm?

@Razara
    In recent years big steps have been taken by the administration to strengthen factual identities. You'll find every city (except Cyrene) now solidly focus on their individual goal. Each city wants to put their specific goal first. This has the potential for conflicting with all the other current factions should the storylines be swung that way.

While Hashan, Ashtan and Eleusis may allow you to step away from conflicts and support your faction in other ways such as supplying herbs to fighters or not raiding a city, Mhaldor and Targossas (New Shallam) do not.

Mhaldor and Targossas are ruled in absolute. If Sartan/Deucalion/Aurora say jump, don't even bother asking how high, you just start jumping. There is no room for personal preference or consideration in these two cities. You belong to their respective Gods and their representatives to do what they please. If the Tyrannus/Dawnlord say jump, you might have a moment to ask if your jumping is sufficiently pleasing to their requirements, but their word is still basically law.

EDIT: So if these people tell you to raid Eleusis/Hashan/Ashtan, You're going to be raiding. If they tell you to burn down a forest I hear your first born makes good kindling. If they want you to make them a sandwich, get in the kitchen and locate a frilly apron.

It sounds like you don't want to live in a city that is ruled absolute. Despite the Mhaldorians throwing a god damn hissy fit over it, that is fine. Find what fits best for you even if it means going rogue for a while to figure it out. If you want to join Mhaldor again once you find your feet in the complex political world we play in, you will probably return with a better understanding and appreciation for the city.

Don't worry about those guys throwing around phrases like 'giving up'. They drank the cool-aid and asked for seconds.

I hope this helped a bit to help you understand the state of the game.

Welcome back.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited May 2017
    damnit
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Tahquil said:

stuff

No one is ever forced to raid in Mhaldor or (especially) Targossas. Stop spreading misinformation.

Also literally no Mhaldorian is throwing a hissy fit, people from various cities are growing frustrated because words aren't being read. I doubt a single person in Mhaldor cares either way if the OP quits or leaves, it's their choice and some random person coming back isn't anyone's priority unless they decide to make an effort to fit in.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Tahquil just has an epic rageboner for Targ, and seemingly for Mhaldor. Some folks ain't ever gonna be happy with the state of things, but pretending that anyone is forced to raid is just silly.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Tahquil normally has a good bead on things, but I am living proof that nobody will force you to raid in Mhaldor. Defense is a different story, but even that's like, a slap on the wrist/execution, which is essentially nothing.

• I have read this entire thread, since I have an old occie alt in Mdor that's staying dormant until/unless I'm sure that she will not be made to change her class. I have zero intention of unMhaldoring her. Either she will be dormant, or I might try to play her again.

what I'd really like to do with her (and I know it's a pipe dream) is to change her class to... hmm, what was the name of that class for occultists who wouldn't trade in necromancy for occultism? Outcasts? If that's not quite it, but you know the word I want:

Yeah, that! Except obviously she's trading in occultism for necromancy, vs. the other way around.

I like to think I'm really good at coming up with cool ideas. I wish I were any good whatsoever at putting them into practice.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • edited May 2017
    Aodfionn said:
    Tahquil just has an epic rageboner for Targ, and seemingly for Mhaldor. Some folks ain't ever gonna be happy with the state of things, but pretending that anyone is forced to raid is just silly.
    Mhaldor and Targosass are my favourite cities for exactly what I said.

I actually find it a little lame that you can say no Daddy, I don't feel like it today. 
  • You can't say no to S, but he's only like ordered one raid that I know of.
  • No one is forced to raid in Targ and it is nowhere near as absolute. Sure the Dawnlord's word is law but you can still question it.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    No one is forced to raid in Targ and it is nowhere near as absolute. Sure the Dawnlord's word is law but you can still question it.
    Quiet, she'll hear you!!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Maybe a better question is: Will I still get taunted for playing a forestal in Mhaldor because my character "doesn't make sense"?