Combat Logs

Comments

• Pro tip: don't keep anything on keepup that takes balance or eq - Its gonna eventually get you killed if you do. Better to just put it back up manually when you actually need it. The only exception to this rule -might- be cloak, purely because of how important it is to not get lolrekt.

• Antidas said:
    Pro tip: don't keep anything on keepup that takes balance or eq - Its gonna eventually get you killed if you do. Better to just put it back up manually when you actually need it. The only exception to this rule -might- be cloak, purely because of how important it is to not get lolrekt.
    The amount of knights who used to keepup fitness, back when it was a defence... Those were good times.
  • What's the smart way to use curseward?
  • You should always put curseward up outside of the room, or if the Apostate/Shaman leaves room... Having them waste their first attack on breach is pretty crucial for other momentum classes to get the edge..

It can be pretty useful if you time it, and the Apostate or Shaman doesn't have the time to react and breach so they waste an entire balance of afflictions.. Can also be useful during some setups like Salvelocks and so on where buying a tiny bit of time can make the difference
  • edited May 2017
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/5dDvH7ld    Mind the spam.. My stuff is pretty well spammy

Any advice here? Curing priorities? Or how to survive the destroy? Can't really tank the damage, so I can't prio ablaze over everything else or he'd just throw axe/golem scorch

Aside from the fact I was striking knees on a mounted foe the whole fight....... Ignore that...

Last time I fought a magi they weren't able to outpace salve curing so easily, and stack all four broken limbs on me...
  • Pick up his axes. Also, we can't ignore your failed strikes. You literally have no hinder whatsoever against magi if you don't lightning/strike neck. To solve your strike knee issue, you can send strike feet together with strike knees with no penalty. Never tumble without an icewall or a ground trap.
  • JFC @Seragorn, learn how to track burns for destroy
  • Aegoth said:
    JFC @Seragorn, learn how to track burns for destroy

He started using efreeti though. :(

@Taryius You sat there trying to attack and discerning with arms broken a couple times. Once both arms are broken and you can't attack, you might as well leave and cure up. Don't just stand there and let him hammer you.

In terms of actually surviving once he resto breaks, that's a lot tougher. Maybe Mir stance would help with the damage. Health trans? Alleviate helps with the burn pressure but you need one(?) free arm first. Burn prio helps avoid the destroy if you can survive the damage. Touching worry stones helps too if you have a free arm.

I guess you could've stayed away until dehydrate faded to avoid predehydrate. I'm not sure how long it takes to fade.
  • @Farrah I still don't really rate efreeti, I use it because I was always going to add every weapon, but I killed @Atalkez recently without it just to prove its still possible.  The significant shift is that I moved to a double prep where I generally get the second limb before the first restoration completes which doubled the salve pressure if you expect to stand up, and the time I have available to complete the destroy if you prio burning.

I've also started using vibes, things like tremors will get free prone into the broken legs, which is significant to keep momentum down during prep, that can be resolved programmatically but I'll let ya'll work out the specifics yourself.

You kinda do have to prio burning over the restorations if your going to avoid the destroy, dehydrated will time out after 45 seconds and force a slight loss in momentum having to re apply (although it seems once you have burning stacked it will continue to stack despite dehydrate fading unless you cure down to regular burning, need to test that more).

Agree that attempting to outpace the salve pressure in room is a bad idea, we can break 2 limbs every 2 seconds and its taking you 3 seconds of salve balance to cure 2 limbs, so eventually you're going to lose that race.  If your not prone, you can prio mending arms and remain more offensive (most classes have some attack they can do with double broken legs so long as they have arms), but if your going to prio mending legs then you really have to run on double arm breaks or your not utilising your priority for any advantage because you just stand there being ineffective.

Tumbling on resto breaks also helps because it forces us to move our inferno to continue stacking (unless we firestorm which is particularly slow).  Momentum classes can kill magi, provided you can get your kill in before we start taking limbs.  In one of our fights you did have me almost prepped and I had to catch a few parries, I haven't done the numbers but the double prep time looked comparable so its more about winning the race to prep by fighting smart in your case.

And @Aegoth I can almost track burning properly now, he did get 1 level of burning before I entered the room from an inferno tick, so I would have been behind by at least 1 as a result of that, I may also have assumed a burning cure while out of room based on the tumble (another reason tumbling is good) depending on the timing.  I suspect I would have destroyed on next balance in this case, but I also usually play safe because of my horrid ping to try and avoid failed destroys so I assume I need 1 extra burning stack in order to destroy based on health level.

• @Taryius also keep in mind you were fighting one of the most artied people in game, your typical magi isn't doing anywhere near that much damage along the way (even dumb things like a magi having level 3 strength artie to bolster axe throw damage, it adds up).  It's awesome to see people looking for fights and prepared to take the hits to learn, you'll be a force soon enough if you keep that attitude and keep looking over fights and fine tuning.

• @Armali you go to hell and you die, dirty axe thief!

But in all honesty stealing axes isn't a bad strategy.. I do keep 100 now as a result of running out vs Armali once, and I will use staffstrike along the way to prep now if I see you picking up axes (which brings rebounding into play as well)..

This doesn't really change the prep time all that much, because axe and staffstrike are comparable at average health (axes faster at particularly low health, staffstrike faster at particularly high health), but it does take a little control away from us in that we cant chose epseth/epteth anymore, staffstrike earth will smart afflict but it will not identify to me whether it took an arm or a leg.

Unlikely to change the outcome much, and it will frustrate some people (like me) in your average duel simply because forging is a horribly slow tedious bitch of a thing to have to do.  But don't let that stop ya, nothing wrong with making people earn it.

• @seragorn, it's -1 burn req per 25% hp missing
  • @Aegoth - I know..

If you look back from the end though, I destroyed at what I thought was level 4 burn and 26% health (because I'm not deducting conflag damage from his last read health and because I think his burn level is 1 lower because of previously mentioned inferno tick while I was not in room)..

If you go back to the previous attack before destroy, I scorched there because my last health check had him at 38% health, with level 3 burning, which is destroyable, but all it takes is a salve apply or a health sip to make that destroy fail.. when someone is curing properly they would have dodged that destroy, I shoot for safe kills rather than wasted balance, I'd rather stack 1 more level of burn and increase damage before I take that kill when the target is prone and not moving.  The main reason for that strategy is that I fight on a permanent 0.35 second ping (being Aussie.. curse you speed of light and the unfairly imposed gaming limitations!), I don't get the privilege of being able to modify my attack in real time like many of the US folks do without the potential penalty it brings.

I get that you can see the targets exact burning level, but to say I finished that wrong because of it would be kinda ignorant (and maybe why people never complained about fighting you as a Magi?)

• Seragorn said:

@Farrah I still don't really rate efreeti, I use it because I was always going to add every weapon, but I killed @Atalkez recently without it just to prove its still possible. 

I'm just teasing. And no one ever said it wasn't possible. Just that there's no point in not using it.

• Psh, people complained so much about me, and I didn't have to use axes to do it. Don't resort to petty attacks, it's beneath you. Either way, a kill's a kill. I just think that you missed a few opportunities at the end there due to second-guessing yourself, is all, and that's a healthy criticism, from what you can see with the log. 
  • Farrah said:
    Just that there's no point in not using it.
    I still remember the time Aegoth chased me during a bandersnatch. Almost sleeplocked me, but he forgot to pacify then his ent hit me and woke me up. MVP right there.
  • Ages ago, when I was too poor to learn metawake, I used to use "ORDER WATERWEIRD ATTACK ME" as my metawake.
  • [Curing]: SIP HEALTH
    You take a drink from a mahogany vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    5498h 4861m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]  (+1279h, 18.0%)  [shiv rl2 ll1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.
    [AFF]  Damagedrightleg
    [AFF]  Brokenrightleg
    Your right leg feels stronger and healthier.
    You may apply another salve to yourself.
    5498h 4861m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 ll1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.133  
    [AFF]  Brokenleftleg
    [Curing]: APPLY MENDING TO LEGS
    You take out some salve and quickly rub it on your legs.
    The bones in your left leg mend.
    5498h 4861m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.304  
    Your queues are already empty.
    5498h 4861m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.415  
    Both of your legs must be free and unhindered to do that.
    You are already wearing this item.
    You must be standing first.
    5498h 4861m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.468  
    5853h 4960m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]  (+355h, 5.0%)  (+99m, 2.0%) [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR]
    23:15:17.611  
    5853h 4960m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.662  
    5853h 4960m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.768  
    5853h 4960m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.798  
    5853h 4945m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   (-15m, 0.3%) [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.921  
    5853h 4945m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:17.948  
    5853h 4945m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:18.040  
    5853h 4945m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:18.092  
    5853h 4945m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:18.209  
    5853h 4945m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:18.260  
    [Jarvis]: Rebounding up in 2!
    5853h 4945m 100%e 23%w   [20.1%] [Dochitha]   [shiv rl1 frozen h2 PR] 23:15:18.346   (outr 2 plumbum)
    [DEF]  Speed
    [DEF]  Mindseye
    [DEF]  Scholasticism
    [DEF]  Insomnia
    [DEF]  Nightsight
    [DEF]  Blur
    [DEF]  Electricresist
    [DEF]  Skywatch
    [DEF]  Coldresist
    [DEF]  Levitating
    [DEF]  Fireresist
    [DEF]  Kola
    [DEF]  Disperse
    [DEF]  Magicresist
    [DEF]  Alertness
    [DEF]  Lifevision
    [DEF]  Curseward
    [DEF]  Fangbarrier
    Through the haze of disorientation, the last thing you see is the triumphant form of Dochitha
    standing above you before everything goes black.
    [DEF]  Shadowveil
    [DEF]  Hiding
    [DEF]  Deathsight
    [DEF]  Blindness
    [DEF]  Deafness
    [AFF]  Prone
    [AFF]  Brokenrightleg
    [AFF]  Shivering
    [AFF]  Frozen
    [AFF]  Mangledhead
    [AFF]  Damagedhead
    [DEF]  Starburst
    You have been slain by Dochitha.

:|

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited May 2017
    Could have stood if not frozen... that timing was tight, I had to wait for your tumble and took down rebounding. Should have failed if not L3 stars.
    From my view: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/BuEZY_W8
  • He still had a broken leg according to his prompt. Frozen wasn't really a factor.
  • I was pointing out that according to timestamps I should have had salve balance back (though latency could affect).

Also noticed from your log that my distort had faded

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited May 2017

• RNG must be genetic, this is your fault @Atalkez.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/n8VAHKIT

Long log, but 14s from lock seal to him dying. Kinda hilarious

• Atalkez said:
    Proficy ceases to wield Agares, a burly battleaxe of jagged stone in his left hand.
    Proficy ceases to wield Focalor, a lustrous battleaxe of platinum in his right hand.
    Proficy begins to wield Lahash, a smouldering scimitar of gold in his left hand.
    Proficy begins to wield Abaddon, a wickedly shaped scimitar of silver in his right hand.
    5288h 4141m 99%e 97%w [24.6%] [Proficy] [rl2] 14:41:35.827 
    "Ahah!" Proficy exclaims triumphantly.
    5288h 4141m 99%e 97%w [24.6%] [Proficy] [rl2] 14:41:35.988 
    Tyrant Proficy says, "No wonder."
    5274h 3992m 99%e 97%w [24.6%] [Proficy] 14:41:38.076 
    I was wondering when he was gonna figure it out.
  • edited May 2017
    Is the svof prompt wrong or can 2Hs get 3 levels of fractures in one hit? 

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/U6Ao4sKd

Edit : Highly likely it's wrong but wondering if anything's changed, dat stack speed

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Exelethril Svof tracks wrong on the first hit for fractures (and alchemist stacks), due to gmcp messages for those afflictions only happening on the first stack.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Svof fracture tracking and humor tracking are both horrible, probably not easy to fix, been inaccurate for quite a while. If you diagnose it will adjust to the correct reading. 
  • Ahh damn, panicked and playing too defensively. I was wondering why there were so many stacks on me in such a short time frame. Thanks guise

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]