Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Balance

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  •      Item  Name                                  Originally                    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       173529  a sycophantic shoulder cape           N/A
       191983  a scarred scorpion                    N/A
       249713  an Aeonic hourglass                   N/A
       278276  an Auroran Mace                       N/A
       321885  a ranger's bow                        N/A
       326157  an enchanted pebble                   N/A
       366635  a pair of eagle's wings               N/A
       386693  a gruesome necklace of teeth and bone a fire pendant
       420136  an earring of Sinope                  N/A
       442117  a polished marble pipe                N/A
       442176  a long, elegant ebony pipe            N/A
       442261  an ornately carved ivory pipe         N/A
       504214  a bone shrike                         N/A
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It possesses the artefact powers of class_switch_reduction(1), constitution(2), criticals(3), 
    faster_eq(2), health_regen(1), health_sip(2), quickmount, reserves(3), willpower_regen(1), and flying.

Where should I look to invest my ~1200cr?  Priest/shaman, have level 3 mace.
  • edited May 2017
    Skull pendant is nice for convenience, even just a level 1 one.

Buckawns, Lyre also nice. Artifact vials/tattoos?

Or a third class, if you really want to.
  • STR/mana sip/regen

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited May 2017
    Shield of Absorption, unless you have the paragon and I'm not seeing it.

Also, mana regen before mana sip, always. Mana regen restores mana 100% of the time, but mana sip is 100% useless when you have to be sipping health. 
  • edited May 2017
    Edit - My bad.  Didn't see you already had 2 EQ
  • SoA, reflect wand, gem of transmutation. Mithril spurs maybe. Then upgrade health regen to level 2, then mana regen level 2.
  • Farrah said:
    SoA, reflect wand, gem of transmutation. Mithril spurs maybe. Then upgrade health regen to level 2, then mana regen level 2.
    Have the soa paragon and quickmount. Idk if I'm sold on the gem, though.
  • edited May 2017
    The gem is an awful lot of value rolled into one. Obviously you can just use it to change race, but it's also a way to change your base stats as a result, your racial specialization, and also acts as an on-demand self-resurrect once per RL day - importantly, it doesn't immediately put you back into a fight if you don't want it to, giving you precious time to get defenses back up. There's a reason some people own (owned?) multiple.

• Issam said:
    The gem is an awful lot of value rolled into one. Obviously you can just use it to change race, but it's also a way to change your base stats as a result, your racial specialization, and also acts as an on-demand self-resurrect once per RL day - importantly, it doesn't immediately put you back into a fight if you don't want it to, giving you precious time to get defenses back up. There's a reason some people own (owned?) multiple.
    Yea.  I know these things.  I just don't know if it should really come before more stats, tho
  • Anyone have any clue what the new inflame scaling and such is?

• Viability of quick-witted monk pulling off mind scythe. Annnnd go!
  • edited May 2017
    Taryius said:
    Anyone have any clue what the new inflame scaling and such is?
    It's something like 13% per 100 bleeding, modified by scimitar. The scaling is non-linear, so 0-99 will do nothing, 100-199 will do 13%, 200-299 will do 26%, etc.
  • edited May 2017
    Calira said:
    Taryius said:
    Anyone have any clue what the new inflame scaling and such is?
    It's something like 13% per 100 bleeding, modified by scimitar. The scaling is non-linear, so 0-99 will do nothing, 100-199 will do 13%, 200-299 will do 23%, etc.
    Gross... Yet bloodlet still bleeds based on max health so those with more health are more in risk of getting inflamed

And if its modified by scimitar, that makes 700 bleeding do 100%... So it's a brokenstar now?
  • Better. Modified by sensitivity, and combinable with soulscourge throttle. Can easily kill around 400 bleeding
  • Besides learning my class and how to count limbs, I think the biggest thing for me right now is managing the screen scrolling and being generally aware of what's going on. I just learned tunnel vision, and I was wondering if that's adequate enough to gag some of what's going on? It does hide what an opponent is curing, though, so it seems counterproductive.

Would I be better off gagging individual lines and creating echoes in Mudlet instead? What do the top-tier combatants use?
  • If you use the in-game SETTARGET command to set a server-side target, their actions shouldn't be ignored by Tunnelvision. You can also specify a person when you turn Tunnelvision on and they'll be treated the same way. So either: SETTARGET <target>;TUNNELVISION ON or just TUNNELVISION ON <target>.

The first option is probably better, though. If you add sending the SETTARGET command to your client-side targetting alias, it should automatically update even if you already have Tunnelvision on.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    And I'm pretty sure that you can specify what you want to see in tunnelvision, too.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited May 2017
    Viability of quick-witted monk pulling off mind scythe. Annnnd go!
    With or without a diadem?

With a diadem, quick-witted monk has the strongest possible scythe. With a diadem, quick-witted monk executes a basic scythe path in about 12.5 seconds with a very high chance of success (assuming the target doesn't do anything to dodge it, of course). A nimble monk can pull it off in 13 seconds if they get lucky, or 14.1 seconds in the common case that you won't, particularly now that svof auto clears concussion amnesia. Anything after 13 seconds is time your opponent is standing and able to react, so it makes a notable difference.

Without a diadem, quick-witted is basically always going to take the full approx. 14.1 seconds, but it should still be plenty viable (I'd presume looking at the numbers, at least. Never been that combination) and with neither quick-witted or a diadem, I'm not sure it's possible at all (if it is, it'll take another few seconds, and an opponent that really doesn't know what they're doing).

EDIT: note that this assumes a level 2 diadem, I forget level 1 exists sometimes. Level one diadem would put quick witted at about the same as nimble+level 2
  • how are artie axes handled by Tekura Monks? Do you just target <limb>;throw handaxe1234 at <target>?

What I seem to notice when I do that is that the handaxe just drops to the ground after it hits the target. :/
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Lucianus said:
    how are artie axes handled by Tekura Monks? Do you just target <limb>;throw handaxe1234 at <target>?

What I seem to notice when I do that is that the handaxe just drops to the ground after it hits the target. :/
    Correct. They aren't returning, so you'll need at add Get Axe to your commands 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Lucianus said:
    how are artie axes handled by Tekura Monks? Do you just target <limb>;throw handaxe1234 at <target>?

That's because monks don't have returning, unlike sentinels. You'll need to add something in to pick up your ace on next balance

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Lucianus said:

And hope the person you're fighting doesn't also have 'get axe' at the start of their own attacks. Lololol.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Lucianus said:

And hope the person you're fighting doesn't also have 'get axe' at the start of their own attacks. Lololol.
    Would seriously pay for a returning add-on. :/
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Lucianus said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Lucianus said:

Handaxes from the Delos weapon shop are cheap and plentiful. You can mitigate 'get handaxe' by carrying 150 around
  • Calira said:
    Lucianus said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Lucianus said:

Handaxes from the Delos weapon shop are cheap and plentiful. You can mitigate 'get handaxe' by carrying 150 around
    Yeah, but it's kinda weird to walk around with a couple hundred handaxes on you. >_>

Pretty sure every denizen thinks we're weirdos puffing six pipes at once and wearing a bunch of sashes and belts, dozens of necklaces and rings, and multiple layers of capes and cloaks stacked over each other.
  • edited May 2017

But then we murder said denizens in droves and they stop thinking we're weirdos and realise that all those extra miscellaneous items we have are actually the secret to our power.

Edit: a word.

• Lucianus said:
    Yeah, but it's kinda weird to walk around with a couple hundred handaxes on you. >_>

Pretty sure every denizen thinks we're weirdos puffing six pipes at once and wearing a bunch of sashes and belts, dozens of necklaces and rings, and multiple layers of capes and cloaks stacked over each other.
    Pretty sure every denizen thinks twice about thinking we're weirdos when we're holding the corpses of everybody they've ever known and everybody those corpses have ever known, too.
  • Kafziel said:
    Lucianus said:

Pretty sure every denizen thinks twice about thinking we're weirdos when we're holding the corpses of everybody they've ever known and everybody those corpses have ever known, too.
    WTB an event where every single Mhun marches on Mhaldor, every undead on Targ etc etc in protest of our murderous ways.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    So the bashing comes to me.

I'm down with that.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.