Retirement

It'd be interesting to, in the future, let folks have different retirement lines.  Not so much customized to a great extent, but rather something like..

"Has fallen in the line of duty, defending The Divine Order of Deucalion, the Righteous Fire, his soul claimed by Ugrach forevermore."
"Has fallen in the line of duty, defending Targossas, his soul claimed by Ugrach forevermore."

Etc etc.  It allows you to have a retirement title that is slightly customized to how you want your character's story to end (or rather, begin in a sense).

"Retiring to be a simple soldier of <x>, he has given up the adventuring life."
"Took to the seas, his sense of adventure never ceasing."

There, of course, would be requirements your character would have to meet for some of these.

Be in a Divine Order for defending it, be in a city, have a ship still under your name, be in the army, etc etc.

Literally anything is better than "HAS GIVEN UP THE ADVENTURING LIFE".  It's treated as IC, and there's nothing to really say about how it ended for them.  Where are they now?  Did they just fucking die forever??? Who knows.

Thoughts, anyone? @Nicola @Makarios too for posterity sake of the possibilities here.

Comments

• That'll cost you approximately 1000 credits. :trollface:

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I may be misremembering, but didn't they say when retirement was released that any sort of custom retirement line was gonna be a big no-no going forwards?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    I may be misremembering, but didn't they say when retirement was released that any sort of custom retirement line was gonna be a big no-no going forwards?
    Correct

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • As I said, "it'd be neat if they added this" instead of "GOD LET ME CUSTOMIZE DIS".
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Its up to people to say their farewells and set-up how they want to be remembered. If they can't be bothered or prefer to disappear into thin air, then thats up to them.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Sarapis said:
    We don't and won't be giving any kind of custom honors line or letting you kill your characters gloriously or anything similar.

Standard retirement lines are all we're going to do. This is a last-ditch option for people who are not going to use a character any more, rather than something that provides any reward whatsoever beyond getting some credits to put into a new character.
  • My retirement in lusternia was heartbreaking and amazing. It was truly the end of my story, and it was very satisfying.
  • I'd not retire Sob at all, there is too much history and status acrued. Have made a couple of new chars with a view to retiring my Mhaldor char because I see no future for him and have zero history. I'd happily take those 1400cr and use elsewhere, if it was more fun which is ultimately what it is all about 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Not related to the topic at all, but housing estates disappearing on retirement is a serious downside to retiring and is probably why I will never retire Jurixe even if I stop playing her. I don't think housing credits even count to your character's net worth, do they?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• @Jurixe No.  Just look at Bluef and the Delosian housing project.
  • Ahmet said:
    Correct.

Spire does have one, but they clarified that he was given no say in it, so it definitely wasn't by player choice.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Can use Motto or Warcry for your own personalized ending.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Uh... guys?

4.18 Personal Histories

|                                 THE FELLOWSHIP OF |
           4.17 < The Meaning of Might                    EXPLORERS > 4.19

Every character in Achaea is given the capability to write a publicly viewable
    background and to keep his or her personal history up to date by writing
    regular 'chapters.' This background and the chapters must be written in-role,
    as they are there to be used as roleplay devices.

In order to promote consistent roleplay, you must remember that once you've
    written your background, _it cannot be altered_. You can, however, provide
    updates to your background by way of the aforementioned chapters. Ideally,
    reading a character's background and then reading the various historical
    chapters that the character has written will give one a sense of where the
    character is coming from, where he's been, and where he's going.

Once again we must emphasize that this system is to be used _only_ for writing
    in-role history of your character. It's not to be used for any other purpose,
    and those using it for any other purpose will find they cannot use the system
    anymore.

Syntax summary: (full explanations in the next section)
    --------------
    COMPOSE BACKGROUND (** READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FIRST ** )
    [Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (34% shown)]

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I wish I could redo my background. It's an epic novella but so full of grammatical errors that every time I look at it, my fingers twitch to fix the things I didn't notice at the time.

Kind of wish I'd taken the time to document a lot of important moments in my character's history as well, especially since to due to things happening, I no longer have a lot of logs to refer to.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Prythe said:
    Can use Motto or Warcry for your own personalized ending.

His motto: 'Who is candlejack anywa'

He was never seen again.